Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Oct 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3153546)   #21
nivola1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Banbury, Oxfordshire
nivola1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi my name is Rob, a self confessed motorsport nut. I first got interested as a 12 year old back in 1979 and attended my first F1 race in 1983. Over the last few years my attention has turned to the 1930's era. My memorabilia collection consist of
Books- My Autocourse collection of 28 go back to 1976, Lots of driver autobiographies going back to 1935 (seagrave) and lots of signed stuff from mansell to moss...a good collection of foriegn books on the 1930's that have cost me dear!..oh and the only magazine I have ever kept is my grand prix international collection, issues 1-65 complete and all in binders (nice ).
Art- Just recently I got a hand drawn original picture of Alan Jones's 1980 Williams signed by Patrick Head and Frank Williams (before his accident). Williams has always been my first passion so I guess I'll keep this for the rest of my days.
Also have signed prints by Barry sheene (a very nice Dion pears print), Johnny herbert (benetton promo), Stirling Moss, Jack Brabham and a nice prodrive print signed by sainz, mcrea and burns.
F1 car bits- I have the usual stuff, several williams wheels and a front nose cone from Jaques Laffites 1983 williams fw08. When I was about 14 I got an original spark plug from a cosworth DFV it's not much but very special to me.
car badges and mascots- a great interest of mine i have many motorsport related stuff, radiator badges from Zolder and european car clubs. some 1960's goodwood enamel badges and bronze car cub plaques which are very nice. Car club cups from the 1920's ( need to research these more) and of course mascots a real passion of mine.
Well thats a brief overview of me thanks for reading this