Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Aug 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3286843)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross R6 - Lydden Hill

Only a couple of weeks until the sixth round of the British Championship, so I thought I'd chuck a thread up for it. I see its running under the "Mayhem" banner that the August round did last year, so the British Championship along with BMX, FMX and drift again.

I actually quite enjoyed the weekend in 2012. I hope they get the timing a bit better this year so there is actually a proper drift contest to finish the weekend rather than the random demo runs they ended up doing last time.

No entry list for the rallycross yet, but a few entries mentioned on the British Rallycross Facebook page with a promise of more to come.

Should be a good warm up for Loheac the weekend afterwards: whose going?

Last edited by tbtstt; 7 Aug 2013 at 10:06.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3286872)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakiefunnny
Can anyone tell me the where’s the Rallycross fan page Facebook.
British Rallycross Championship Facebook page is here...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BritishRallyX?fref=ts

...updates on the page are a bit spasmodic, but I'm sure they will be pretty regular in the build up to Round 6.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3287219)   #3
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe there will be a new driver stepping up to the Supercars at Lydden.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3287260)   #4
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list now online CLICK HERE
Old 9 Aug 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3287624)   #5
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i am hoping to get there with my new 206 supercharged car if its finished in time but working all hours to get ready....

No Ash Simpson on the entry yet is he not out playing ??
Old 9 Aug 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3287795)   #6
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkesfire View Post
Well i am hoping to get there with my new 206 supercharged car if its finished in time but working all hours to get ready....
Good luck with it I' m sure you'll do it.
I am still waiting for some clutch components, but I'm sure they will be here on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkesfire View Post
No Ash Simpson on the entry yet is he not out playing ??
Neither of the Simpson brothers seem to be on the list. The Hudsons are missing as well.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3288176)   #7
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping to go to this. Any tips for a Lydden first timer?
Old 11 Aug 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3288241)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends where you live? If you are gonna buy food, buy from the place near the staging area.

Park near the top of the road, and don't forget the 60 or so quid you need to get back over the damned bridge that's already been paid for if you live north of the river
Old 11 Aug 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3288243)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Hoping to go to this. Any tips for a Lydden first timer?
Might be worth you having a read of this thread...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...39#post3032339

...as the poster there asked the very same question!
Old 11 Aug 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3288270)   #10
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Might be worth you having a read of this thread...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...39#post3032339

...as the poster there asked the very same question!
Awesome, thank you!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3288941)   #11
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Good luck with it I' m sure you'll do it.
I am still waiting for some clutch components, but I'm sure they will be here on time.

Neither of the Simpson brothers seem to be on the list. The Hudsons are missing as well.

TheSimpsons are on the entry list. Entry looks quite promising as well.......

12 supercars so far...
16 supernationals
11 hot hatches
Even 13 retros (albeit in the 2 classes)

Still plenty of time for more entries as well
Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3289026)   #12
Belgian Blitz!
Rookie

Belgium
Westerlo
Belgian Blitz! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
79 cars till now,don't worry to much about the state of UK Rallycross i'd say
Was a good meeting last year with all the support activities,so can't see any reason why it would'nt be at least as good this year.
Hopefully i will have a bit more luck on my side and get closer to 3rd place in the swift championship.
To make sure i will,i'm gonna have a little test session this weekend,try and stay as close to the S1600 as possible during the RCE challenge at Valkenswaard.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3289141)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Blitz! View Post
The numbers are there: they are just spread over a multitude of classes!

I see on Facebook that Pat Doran will be demoing the Pikes Peak RS200, look forward to seeing that do a couple of laps of the track. Just need him to bring "Rosie" back for a race now...
Old 13 Aug 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3289174)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I see on Facebook that Pat Doran will be demoing the Pikes Peak RS200, look forward to seeing that do a couple of laps of the track.
I hope it's more successful than his last demo of it - he ended up planting it backwards in the tyre wall. It had to run without the rear wing and diffuser so they could put an exhaust on it that would run under the noise limit - it left the car somewhat 'loose' at the back end and it got away from him a couple of times!
Old 13 Aug 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3289181)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I hope it's more successful than his last demo of it - he ended up planting it backwards in the tyre wall. It had to run without the rear wing and diffuser so they could put an exhaust on it that would run under the noise limit - it left the car somewhat 'loose' at the back end and it got away from him a couple of times!
Thats a handy post Bert, as you have answered a couple of questions before I've been able to ask them!

I've seen some pictures from the last time Pat ran the RS200 at Lydden and it had no rear wing or diffuser: I had assumed those shots were taken after he crashed and they had broken off.

The RS200 was in the paddock at the BHP show earlier this year and I had been chatting with one of the mechanics there, who told me that they couldn't run the car due to noise limitations. I wondered how they had got/were going to get round that.

Lets hope they've fabricated an exhaust system that allows the wing to fit this time round!
Old 13 Aug 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3289205)   #16
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The numbers are there: they are just spread over a multitude of classes!
)
Couldnt agree more. At the very least, I count 24 1600cc cars, lump them together and consolidate 4 classes into 1. Run the retros together too, then you have 6 distinct classes: supercar, supernational, 1600cc, rx150, retro and junior. That is much more manageable. Could even put 1600 with supernational, but that might be a step too far.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3289243)   #17
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bit unfair on the lower budget Stockhatches though, lumping them in with the Super 1600's.
Hence my suggestion in the other thread of, Supercar, Supermod, Production, Historic, & Junior.

Back on topic.
Good entry for this day and age, a flood of last minute entry has helped. Still one or two regulars missing though. Will we see some More?
Two heats of Supercars and three for Supernationals should make for some interesting racing.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3291298)   #18
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Really surprised not to see more comments on here at the recent additions (namely a bunch of European supercars and a former Boyzone singer!). The RX150 field has to be the best assembled in some time.

Really looking forward to this weekend, hopefully the Hudsons will enter and maybe Procter too (though I see he pulled out the RCE rounds recently)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3291597)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pauwels will only be there coz of Jansen who seems to be made of money! And pauwels aslways has a spare car he needs to sell doesnt he!

As for the rest of the entry, its OK, too many classes, but that is what it is these days, Rage buggies give you time to have a walk round the pits which is all good.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3291619)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Great to see the entry list has grown again, decent numbers in the Supercars, Hot Hatch, Super National and RX150's.

Baggsy was down at Lydden on Saturday doing some PR work (and terrorising the Novice drifters on track). I understand that Steve Harris ran a few laps as well, though I had left by that point.

I see Larry Sargent is racing in both RX150's and Supercars, supposedly with an Evo in the Supercars? Any idea where the Evo has come from? Is it the old Binks Evo, has Steve Hill sold his car on or is it from somewhere else?
Old 19 Aug 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3291636)   #21
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have heard rumours its Steve Hills Evo 10! If it is, i cant wait to hear that machine again!
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3291706)   #22
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Binks' old Evo, not Steve Hill's.

Derek Jobb owns the car and is running it for Dad at Lydden. The thinking is it's now or never for Dad to try a Supercar. Obviously not a top of the range car but still does the job and will give him a bit of experience.

No further Supercar plans set in stone but who knows what might happen....

Going to be a busy weekend for us with both buggies out as well. First time I've been able to get out since the big Mallory crash.....

Adam
Old 19 Aug 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3291753)   #23
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Blitz! View Post
Was a good meeting last year with all the support activities,so can't see any reason why it would'nt be at least as good this year.
Hopefully i will have a bit more luck on my side and get closer to 3rd place in the swift championship.
To make sure i will,i'm gonna have a little test session this weekend,try and stay as close to the S1600 as possible during the RCE challenge at Valkenswaard.
Quality of cars isn't there though is it or the competition
Old 19 Aug 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3291773)   #24
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Quality of cars isn't there though is it or the competition
87 isn't bad in itself but its the usual problem of too many classes.

Supercar and Mod classes are looking okayish but having 5-6 regular cars in the rest is a waste. Its pointless for the competitor and utterly tedious for the spectator. You just can't keep up with the dozen or so class winners and who's likely to win what championship... When the competition becomes so thinly spread it becomes meaningless.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3291800)   #25
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
What I don't like is the monotonous races. I.e. when the classes are small you don't get variety between the heats and the final, so it becomes predictable. Mixing them all up would give that variety. I don't care if you have 20 classes with different winners but I don't see why they can't be nixed up in the heats (like at the grand prix). I think you'd see some interesting results.