Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2000, 11:46 (Ref:34201)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi-ish TouringCar Championship

It seems as if the Swedish TouringCar Championship will turn in to Audi-ish TouringCar Championship when the final takes place.

KMS, the Audi-team, has brought in not one extra driver, but two. In total it will be four manufacture-supported Audis. The ordinary drivers Ekblom and Kristofferson will get support from Roberto Colciago and Christian Abt. With four (aldmost, Kristofferson is a bit..) top-drivers the Audis certaily will be very hard to beat...

Audi 1-2-3-4?
Old 1 Sep 2000, 01:11 (Ref:34337)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is very interesting. I wonder did they pay the other drivers to race or just paid their entry fees?

I guess Audi Sweden really wants a championship bad? So this is just an announcement? The race hasn't taken place right? I wonder how will the other manufacturers respond? So what does the manufacturers, drivers and team championshps standing right now? Is Nissan on top?
Old 1 Sep 2000, 21:26 (Ref:34459)   #3
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope. Ekblom is leading the Championship, from Tommy Rustad.
Old 1 Sep 2000, 22:48 (Ref:34476)   #4
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uhm... Audi has brought in YET another driver!! Not anyone famous, a swedish GTR driver, Lennart Pehrsson...

5 manufacturer Audis plus two privateers...

They DO want to win that championship...
Old 1 Sep 2000, 23:13 (Ref:34482)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

Wow, SEVEN Audis?? Whoa. Volvo should dig up all their S40s? They have around 6 or 7 also? There's the 2 Aussies, 2 Brits, 1 SEATCZC?

How about Nissan? Maybe they should hire Matt Neal or Pro Motorsports Nissan?

Can someone record the final race for me? Would you guys like to trade NATCC or Nascar videos?
Old 2 Sep 2000, 08:53 (Ref:34524)   #6
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Well, Volvo are belived to bring in one extra S40 but it will be with an Swedish driver, I dont know who though..

Nissan wont bring in a extra driver, they have said that officially.

At first there were rumours that Rydell, Ried and Neal would come to the final but as you might know there is a BTCC race at the same weekend as the STCC final...

I´ve recorded all the STCC races from 1997 so I will record the final... But, I live in Sweden so that could be a problem...
Old 2 Sep 2000, 20:33 (Ref:34618)   #7
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't they doing rolling starts for the remaining rounds so as not to give the Audis an advantage off the line? It doesn't matter haw many Audis there are but how good they are, and if they do well in the races. They might take each other off, you never know...
Quality not quantity remember!
Old 8 Sep 2000, 16:47 (Ref:35760)   #8
kmchow
Veteran

I'm suprised Honda hasn't brought anyone extra? OTOH, I guess Honda doesn't have anything to gain by doing so?

It looks like the STCC will draw 27-28 Works/indie cars for the season finale! For the record, 2 Alfas, 7 Audis, 4 BMWs, 1 Chrysler, 1 Ford, 2 Hondas, 4 Volvos, 3 Nissans, 3 Opels.

During a recent test session for the last race--in the top 10, eveyone is represented except for Chrysler, Honda and BMW. The latter 2 marques lack of representation in the top 10 is suprising. I believe there are no semi-Works BMWs in the series even. The Honda is a Works team though.
Old 8 Sep 2000, 22:45 (Ref:35835)   #9
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Honda usualy runs two cars in the STCC. But at the last race, one of the Hondadrivers crashed heavily and was injured quite bad. So he cannot take place in the final.

Old 9 Sep 2000, 07:12 (Ref:35929)   #10
kmchow
Veteran

JMeissner wrote:

>Honda usualy runs two cars in the STCC. But at the last >race, one of the Hondadrivers crashed heavily and was >injured quite bad. So he cannot take place in the final.
>
That's exactly my point. I guess Honda Sweden didn't bring any extra drivers or cars to replace the damadged one? Wouldn't an appearance by JAS make a lot of sense?

Oh well, it's still an exciting year.

Old 9 Sep 2000, 10:31 (Ref:35940)   #11
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Yes, a JAS appearance would make alot of sense, though still they wont bring in any extra driver... I think Honda Swedens budget isnt that big since all that badluck they have had this year.

We'll I have to prepear my self for the STCC-race, I'm going there tomorrow and reporting LIVE to the Internet!
Old 9 Sep 2000, 10:33 (Ref:35941)   #12
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will you please tape it for me?

Please, Please PLease!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Sep 2000, 13:01 (Ref:35959)   #13
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
I will have three different copys of the STCC-final, I will keep one for my self, but if anyone wants to trade or buy one of the other two tapes you are welcome to contact me

johan@meissner.se