Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1260093)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
2005 FIM season: favourites?

In three weeks, the season will begin in Jerez. I admit I have not much idea regarding who has done well or not in winter season, but I've just looked in www.motogp.com some test times and with this tiny info I'm going to "risk" a forecast about the favourites for the season.

motoGP: I'm going for the "classics": Rossi is my first candidate (although I'd like to see another WC for the sake of change), Sete is my second, he looks strong and solid as last year. Biaggi is my third but I'm less secure because Hayden, Tamada and others can be "there" as well.

250cc: Pedrosa (why not?), second candidate is Porto, he was very quick last year, often as quick as Pedrosa, maybe this year he will be even more consistent. Third candidate is Dovizioso, I have faith in him, but I consider also Puniet, Angelis, etc.

125cc: Difficult, this category is without any clear dominat rider a priori. I would go for Simoncelli and Pasini, and there are plenty of people to be added: Lai, Luthi, Talmacsi, Kallio, etc. Ufff, very difficult!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1260118)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope Sete can finally be on top of his game long enough to take the title away from Rossi, but I think Rossi is just too much for anyone actually...

In the 250's I'm rooting for Porto!

125's... Don't care really...
Old 23 Mar 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1260207)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to sa I tink Max is gonna be Vale's biggest treat this year, from what I saw of the Barce quall footage he was spinning the rear and looking ery happy on the Repsol bike until it wouldnt start, and you have to say Honda seem to have some very ood steps forward over the winter.
But Vale has eerone covered reall and I think Colin is reall helping out with pushing the M1 forward aswell for himself aswell as for Vale. he is one of the best developent riders in the world.
250 I think is clearl Pedrosa unless Porto can keep up the form he finished 04 with then he migt beat him a few times. Think Dovi might shocka few people but will take time to learn 250.
125 I hope Lai has a great year but Podge on the Gilera is gonna take some beating aswell if he can et his confidence back!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1271136)   #4
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, season starts next weekend...

MotoGP:
Top candidates will be (again) Rossi, Gibernau and Biaggi in that order. Interesting to see how Edwards performs as Rossi's team-mate. I don't think he can win championship, but certainly he could take his first race win and beat Sete or Max. Then of course there is some "black horses" like Kawasaki and Suzuki riders.

250:
It's going to be very interesting year between "old" (Pedrosa, Porto, de Puniet, de Angelis) and "new" (Dovizioso, Barbera, Lorenzo, Stoner). Usually this is the series with least excitement, but this year it could be different. I think that Pedrosa and Porto will top the makes and it depends on bikes who will win. Nice to see KTM in this class as well with West as a rider.

125:
After top riders went to 250, it is very open year. Bautista, Pasini, Kallio, Lüthi, Lai, Nieto and Simoncelli surely want to win here and then move up. As a Finn I wish that Kallio wins. And if it's not him, I wish it isn't Poggiali.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1271891)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MotoGP - Rossi, Biaggi, Gibernau (plus wins for Tamada and Hayden on Hondas, and perhaps Edwards and Bayliss also breaking through)

250 - Pedrosa, Porto, Doviziono (with the newer guys ahvign the upper hand as the season goes on)

125 - Kallio, Lai, Nieto (but I can see 10 guys winnign races, it's goign to be even mroe insane than before)
Old 6 Apr 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1272074)   #6
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP: Biaggi, Rossi, Sete (this from a big Vale fan)
250: Randy de Puniet, Porto, Doviziosa
125: Simoncelli, Poggiali, Nieto
Old 7 Apr 2005, 00:28 (Ref:1272149)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a feeling that maybe Nicky might do it this year - that'd be an exciting season. So for the sake of a good show (Which MotoGP allways puts on) I think it'll be Hayden, Rossi and Biaggi.

In the 250s I'm really excited to see Pedrosa up against some more tough and hungry competitors, I think that Stoner will nab a victory or 2, and if KTM have a decent bike, Westy will also be up there. It's also very intreguing to see how well Dovi will go...
Old 7 Apr 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1272517)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MotoGP: Another Rossi v Sete v Biaggi shoot-out. But should be extremely close this year. Hayden to breakthrough, hopefully Edwards will do the same.

250s: IMO this will be the best 250cc season in many years with so many talented riders coming up from the 125s, plus the established stars. I still think Pedrosa will win it though. The kid is just too damn good.

125s: Bit of a mystery this season with the exodus thanks to the new rules. Poggiali's previous experience will probably help him to the title.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 04:24 (Ref:1272983)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi again! No question. I back him every year because it is not exactly brain science.

Edwards (as much as I want him to kick ass) will be struggling to get into the top 5 at most races save for possibly Donington and a few others.

Bayliss will be bad. Very bad. Barros will repeat last year but with less time leading races.

Biaggi will be closer to Gibernau and Rossi but will be the same more or less.

Gibernau will be the man to take it to Rossi but will fail. Melandri could be in there, possibly taking a win or two this year I reckon.

Hayden is a confusing one. I cannot get a grasp of how good this guy is at all! He has the bike though but he seems to have wilted these last few years...

Tamada doesn't have those Bridgestones anymore so no more wins for him but more consistent over the season.

Which brings me to the new Bridgestone runners Ducati and Suzuki.. WHO KNOWS?! I think Caparossi will sneak some podiums and maybe Hopkins and Kenny too. But the tyres run hot and cold like last year so it's hard to tell.

Top ten.

1. Rossi
2. Gibernau
3. Biaggi
4. Melandri
5. Caparossi
6. Hayden
7. Tamada
8. Edwards
9. Hopkins
10. Barros
Old 8 Apr 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1273627)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one has high hopes for Checa do they
Old 9 Apr 2005, 00:31 (Ref:1273756)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For who?
Old 9 Apr 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1273802)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
)

MotoGP . Rossi
250 .. dePuinet
125 . Pasini

Ciao Marco