Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 May 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1600073)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AMOC - Brands Hatch - 1st May (with photos)

As I was down at Brands for the 'Great and British' weekend, I stayed over for the AMOC event on Bank Holiday monday. The weather, wet initially for qualifying turned fine as the morning wore on and stayed that way. There were some great cars and it was a good meeting. A few pics; the first is of Christopher Scott Mackird about to leave the paddock for qualifying in his Aston Martin Le Mans Special:-

Colin Campbell's lovely Dino 246:-

Yes, Chris Beighton is a tall Guy, but his diminutive but fabulously fast Tiger makes him look taller still:-

Last edited by John Turner; 3 May 2006 at 15:07.
Old 3 May 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1600114)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marshals extract the Mk1 Sprite of Xavier Sanz de Acedo, after it had gone off at Paddock Hill Bend during qualifying:-

Qualifying for the AMOC Intermarque Championship. At Paddock Hill bend, such wonderful variety:-

Exiting Clark Curve during the Interrnarque race, over 400 Bhp on narrow wire wheel rims creates the classic DB4 pose; this one driven by Nicholas King, whilst the Tiger of (I think, by process of elimination) Tristan Bradfield holds a watching brief!:-

The driver of the day for me was Michael Mallock who had already won the post 1960 Aston race in the DB4, but in the Intermarque race starting from the third row, and in the same car, he took the lead at the beginning of the second lap. He then proceeded to hold off the later and faster Porsche 993RS of Brian Robinson for over half the race, even, at one stage missing out half of Surtees and cutting across the grass before emerging still in front at the exit to Mclarens. It was his undoing though as lost momentum and rhythm plus rear tyres now past their best combined to enable Robinson to outbrake him into Paddock Hill Bend. The Porsche went onto take a clear win by a few seconds, but it had been a superb display by Mallock. And the car? Not just any DB4, but the Marshplant car and I'm choked as I type this! Superb Michael; Gerry would have been proud ...... and getting the pints in!

Last edited by John Turner; 3 May 2006 at 15:06.