Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 Feb 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2636196)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
Has anyone had problems making increasing or decreasing width corners? I have. However due to the magic off sleep I thought of a way to get it right.

After you've made your single line drawing and offset the straights to the correct width you will have to find the point where the two lines of one side of the straight meet. Let's start on the inside.

Step 1:
Use the protractor and make two lines that are at 0 degrees with the the inside lines.

Step 2:
measure out the distance the ends of both straights are from the intersecting point then take the avaredge of the two and extend or shorten them to the correct length. Delete all lines unnecessecary

Step 3: Using the protractor you make two lines at the end of the straights at 90 degrees. They meet the centrepoint of the inside corner.

From hereon you can do it yourself. Be sure to repeat on the outside.
Sorry Quintin, maybe I need more sleep but I didn't understand a word of that nor why you would need it