Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2172053)   #176
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
As to whether they put new rubber on during the race?
Well , if they didnt , I expect Audi , Pug , Porsche and everybody else will want some of them then !!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2172320)   #177
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I heard a rumor that the Bell Aston isn't allowed to run on Michelins
Old 7 Apr 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2172351)   #178
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscarguy08
Isn't allowed? What, is it against the rules?
Old 7 Apr 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2172358)   #179
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Isn't allowed? What, is it against the rules?
Not sure. I heard that only one team is allowed to run those tires in their class, which is why they are on dunlops.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2172359)   #180
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yeah, Doug Fehan's rules.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2172387)   #181
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Not sure. I heard that only one team is allowed to run those tires in their class, which is why they are on dunlops.
Not true. Besides why would that only apply to the GT1 class then (as the other three classes have multiple teams on Michelins)?
Old 7 Apr 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2172410)   #182
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I believe it's like the factory team a couple of years ago though. Not allowed to run Michelin cause they needed sponsoring, needed the tire money to run and Michelin isn't going to pay like others will/would, they don't really need to pay to get themselves on the cars to prove their strength. The factory teams ran Dunlop/Pirelli? in the ALMS and then ran on Michelins at LM, I'm guessing cause they sucked it up and did a one-off one time payment to Michelin to buy the tires and just didn't have the sponsors dollars at that event. But then I've been known to way off, so who knows.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2172442)   #183
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Not allowed because they needed sponsoring? Excuse me...

Maybe its the interpretation of semantics - but Michelin deciding a long time ago not to sell to just any old team even if they could afford to buy the tires or not, isn't the same thing to me as 'not being allowed to'...

Prodrive didn't want to spend their own money to buy Michelins and decided to work a sponsorship deal with Pirelli for tires. They could've run on Michelins in the ALMS if they wanted to spend what would've been necessary. Then we wouldn't have had the multiple rule changes to keep Prodrive happy...
Old 7 Apr 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2172798)   #184
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
I believe it's like the factory team a couple of years ago though. Not allowed to run Michelin cause they needed sponsoring, needed the tire money to run and Michelin isn't going to pay like others will/would, they don't really need to pay to get themselves on the cars to prove their strength. The factory teams ran Dunlop/Pirelli? in the ALMS and then ran on Michelins at LM, I'm guessing cause they sucked it up and did a one-off one time payment to Michelin to buy the tires and just didn't have the sponsors dollars at that event. But then I've been known to way off, so who knows.
I think that might be the situation. I wish they would run for a single race with michelin tires to see how far they are from the vettes. I heard they lost a second a lap to the michelin cars. This IMHO is a example why they (the ACO) have the "2" class for privateers and the "1" for the factories...the two types of teams dont mix competatively that well as seen at LM over the years...
Old 8 Apr 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2173342)   #185
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
That wasn't at St Pete though.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2173572)   #186
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Misplaced gratuitous sex is not always an unfortunate thing.