Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Dec 2016, 01:46 (Ref:3697055)   #276
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And as for the substantive part of your post ... I have been a little excited for a few races lately, even races like Petit last year ... this is the first Season that has me really interested.

We still have a whole new car to see (Ligier/Nissan) plus whatever P2s come across for the NAEC, and the mid-engined Porsches, and the usual horde of GTD one-offs for ther Rolex .... This year, even after Sebring, there will be plenty of interesting cars around.

Last edited by joeb; 19 Dec 2016 at 14:47. Reason: removed quote
Old 19 Dec 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3697143)   #277
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did some thread cleanup here. Please try and stay on topic or additional action will have to be taken.
Old 19 Dec 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3697167)   #278
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your the man Joeb. Thanks for your
housekeeping duties! Very much appreciated
by those of us who come here
for info. and knowledge the group has on the
thread topic.

I was about to go ahead and give the Daytona 24
trophy to Rebellion until these driver announcements were made
that I missed a couple of weeks ago. These are some
WEC top wheelman. I imagine any further car announcements
will slow up to the ROAR.

Any how , this is the link for the driver announcements:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...daytona-drives
Old 19 Dec 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3697168)   #279
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading across for our first Rolex 24 since 1999 and getting progressively more impressed by the entry. Hoping for a good race with minimal impact from extended yellows and the like.

Where are the best spots for photography without fencing getting in the way ?

Not long now !
Old 19 Dec 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3697169)   #280
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Heading across for our first Rolex 24 since 1999 and getting progressively more impressed by the entry. Hoping for a good race with minimal impact from extended yellows and the like.

Not long now !
For reference: RSC gallery of the 1999 Rolex 24....
Old 19 Dec 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3697172)   #281
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post

See if you can manage to get a cheap folding step stool with
at least 2 steps , 3 would be better, when you get here
at a Walmart or Home Depot store. You will be able
to get shots over the infield fence that way. Donate it to
a camper when you are done with it.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 01:40 (Ref:3697274)   #282
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That was one heck of an entry list. Lots of things that could cross over into the ugly racing livery thread!

My favorite part i saw was this:

Quote:
Result: 5th (65 laps behind the winner)
Grid: 9th (1:45.174)
5th place was 65 laps down!!!
Old 20 Dec 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3697330)   #283
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Riley & Scott Mk III #002 - Ford V8 N/A CA
Dyson Racing Team, Inc. (USA) Result: winner - margin: 2 laps

You'd think it was an endurance race or something.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3697334)   #284
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Cars are much more reliable now too.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3697336)   #285
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Riley & Scott Mk III #002 - Ford V8 N/A CA
Dyson Racing Team, Inc. (USA) Result: winner - margin: 2 laps

You'd think it was an endurance race or something.
I actually loved going through that entry list and seeing the variety and the gaps between cars. It maybe wasn't the highest quality of entry but there was an element of run whatcha brung that made that time period intereting and the fields weren't artificially bunched to create close finishes.

Of course, the Viper, Vette and TRG victories that came in the years that followed showed how weak prototypes outside of ALMS were at the time.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3697417)   #286
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
I actually loved going through that entry list and seeing the variety and the gaps between cars. It maybe wasn't the highest quality of entry but there was an element of run whatcha brung that made that time period intereting and the fields weren't artificially bunched to create close finishes.

Of course, the Viper, Vette and TRG victories that came in the years that followed showed how weak prototypes outside of ALMS were at the time.
Of the confirmed drivers for this year's 24: Scott Sharp, Franz Konrad, Dirk Muller, Bill Auberlen, Johannes Van Overbeek, Boris Said, Spencer Pumpelly, and Johnny Mowlem all featured in the 1999 edition.

Also Spirt of Daytona made some significant progress from 1999 to 2017.

Also was that the first race for Corvette Racing?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3697419)   #287
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone think we have a shot at the distance record set in 1982 of 2,760.960 mi?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 23:18 (Ref:3697472)   #288
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post

(will PM you something you might like)

jimclark
Old 21 Dec 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3697479)   #289
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
MORE IMPORTANTLY.

Many cheap beers will be drank.
Ah, that depends upon your definition of 'beer' of course.
Not sure I would call the stuff they serve up there 'beer', but hey I come from the land of the beer

I agree, the entry list (both cars and drivers) is looking promising.
I hope to be able to get a stream and watch most of the race from home (I think I saw large chunks of it this year) ... while having a (real) beer
Old 21 Dec 2016, 02:01 (Ref:3697499)   #290
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Not sure I would call the stuff they serve up there 'beer', but hey I come from the land of the beer

I hope to be able to get a stream and watch most of the race from home (I think I saw large chunks of it this year) ... while having a (real) beer
That's why it's cheap.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 02:08 (Ref:3697500)   #291
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am having a few samples of Belgium style brews this evening, but they're brewed in Georgia (USA). But Lagers are beers, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That's why it's cheap.
There's a time a place for every beer, whether you can appreciate them or not.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3697519)   #292
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Of the confirmed drivers for this year's 24: Scott Sharp, Franz Konrad, Dirk Muller, Bill Auberlen, Johannes Van Overbeek, Boris Said, Spencer Pumpelly, and Johnny Mowlem all featured in the 1999 edition.

Also Spirt of Daytona made some significant progress from 1999 to 2017.

Also was that the first race for Corvette Racing?
afaik, yes (at least under their current structure).

Also interesting to see Michael Shank listed as one of the drivers!
Old 21 Dec 2016, 04:33 (Ref:3697520)   #293
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Not sure about the south east flatlands but being close to CO and KS sure delivers some nice brews over here (and the vastly improved local scene isn't bad at all either!).

Old 21 Dec 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3697531)   #294
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

We got a pretty good definition of 'beer', here at home also.

L.P.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3697629)   #295
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
We got a pretty good definition of 'beer', here at home also.

L.P.
That's why I drink ale. OTOH the 'beer" is the most reasonable priced food item at the track.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3697634)   #296
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I buy two thirty packs of Busch Light at the local WalMart and get blitzed on them over the weekend.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3697651)   #297
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone think we have a shot at the distance record set in 1982 of 2,760.960 mi?
The track is slightly shorter, currently 3.56mi, vs. 3.81. Need to hit 32 laps per hour for the duration to meet it. Would need at least ONE stint of 33 to exceed it. Essentially the average speed per lap/per hour cannot dip below 115mph.

The P class average for the duration was 109.1mph last year - basically, one extended caution and it screws the whole jar of pickles unless the lap average speed is much higher. Which.... it may, or may not be.

They were only 140mi. short of tying the distance record in 2016. About 90 minutes give or take.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Dec 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3698452)   #298
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Not with those safety car wave around rules. If they ever switched to the european FCY/Code 60 procedure, then now we can talk.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 00:12 (Ref:3698747)   #299
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Alex Job Racing announces a program for the NAEC in an Audi R8!

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/al...lvo-in-tpnaec/

Also, JDC Miller announces their line-up with a look at an updated livery for their Oreca 07.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/be...eup-confirmed/

Old 3 Jan 2017, 02:59 (Ref:3699811)   #300
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can hardly believe that I'm heading back to the 24 after a very long absence (since the first year of the DPs, which were braking for the dogleg). The entry list looks good and the cars look like this century's race cars and I'm hoping for a little less controlling from race control. See ya there.