Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jan 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3700807)   #326
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually there is nothing wrong with the BMW "Art" livery so long as one looks at it as just an odd livery, and not an "Art Car" attempt.

As or winning ... not sure BMW can afford the bribes.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3700872)   #327
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Holy $hit, I am over reading about people's of a paint job on a BMW.

Please move on.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3700875)   #328
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTLM vs GTD specs

On the IMSA site, under CLASSES, the horsepower of the GTLM cars is shown as 500 while the horsepower of the GTD cars is shown as greater than 500. Weight for the GTLM cars is shown as 2745 lbs while the weight for the GTD cars is shown as 2660. How do the GTLM cars go faster than the GTD cars when they have a lower power to weight ratio? Is this some in the cloud thing I'm incapable of understanding?
Old 7 Jan 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3700877)   #329
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356 View Post
On the IMSA site, under CLASSES, the horsepower of the GTLM cars is shown as 500 while the horsepower of the GTD cars is shown as greater than 500. Weight for the GTLM cars is shown as 2745 lbs while the weight for the GTD cars is shown as 2660. How do the GTLM cars go faster than the GTD cars when they have a lower power to weight ratio? Is this some in the cloud thing I'm incapable of understanding?
Michelin vs Continental
Old 8 Jan 2017, 03:37 (Ref:3700900)   #330
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You'd have to see if a GT3 (GTD) car weigh 2660lbs. in their bop tables. Most of them are at least 1300kg, which is 2866lbs. Or basically 100kg more than the website says.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3700940)   #331
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How do the GTLM cars go faster than the GTD cars when they have a lower power to weight ratio? Is this some in the cloud thing I'm incapable of understanding?
Higher cornering speed. Some GTLM cars do have trouble passing the GTD cars on the straights (the Lamborghini last year was pretty fast)
Old 8 Jan 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3700960)   #332
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Lambo was illegally fast lol. That car and it's restrictior is one of the main reasons for the IMSA homologation being separate from the Blancpain set now.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3701934)   #333
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Question...'haven't read the regs. in years....Is the field now maxed at 56? The article (http://nasportscar.com/2017-weathert...before-the-24/) states "mandatory test" which I don't remember (one way or t'other, 'know it's so for Le Mans) and am curious if any add'l entries would be allowed....thanks.

jimclark
Old 12 Jan 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3701944)   #334
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max to hang up his ax after the Rolex 24.

http://fansided.com/2017/01/08/rolex...ire-2017-race/
Old 12 Jan 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3701953)   #335
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Question...'haven't read the regs. in years....Is the field now maxed at 56? The article (http://nasportscar.com/2017-weathert...before-the-24/) states "mandatory test" which I don't remember (one way or t'other, 'know it's so for Le Mans) and am curious if any add'l entries would be allowed....thanks.
That's a good question. Did not really know the ROAR was mandatory
for entry into the 24.

I found this link to the Regs.
http://www.imsa.com/2016-imsa-rules-regulations
Old 12 Jan 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3702088)   #336
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Old 12 Jan 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3702101)   #337
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
confirmation:

Quote:
**MANDATORY: Entrants participating in the 24 Hours of Daytona on January 26th -29th are required to participate in the January 6th-8th Daytona Test (“Roar”).
from http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...vent_entry.pdf
Old 12 Jan 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3702137)   #338
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ernt. Wrong.

Thank you very much Coach. At least someone understood the question. So we're maxed at the 56 Roar participants.

Last edited by jimclark; 12 Jan 2017 at 17:29.

jimclark
Old 12 Jan 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3702145)   #339
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Question...'haven't read the regs. in years....Is the field now maxed at 56?
The cap for the 24 hour is 60, which is what you asked.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3702149)   #340
jimclark
Veteran

United States
You're excused. No it is not.

"Is the field now maxed at 56? The article (http://nasportscar.com/2017-weathert...before-the-24/) states "mandatory test" which I don't remember (one way or t'other, 'know it's so for Le Mans) and am curious if any add'l entries would be allowed"

The answer to my question by Coach:

"confirmation:

Quote:
**MANDATORY: Entrants participating in the 24 Hours of Daytona on January 26th -29th are required to participate in the January 6th-8th Daytona Test (“Roar”).
from http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...vent_entry.pdf"

Of which there were 56.

jimclark
Old 12 Jan 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3702167)   #341
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You're excused. No it is not.

"Is the field now maxed at 56? The article (http://nasportscar.com/2017-weathert...before-the-24/) states "mandatory test" which I don't remember (one way or t'other, 'know it's so for Le Mans) and am curious if any add'l entries would be allowed"

The answer to my question by Coach:

"confirmation:

Quote:
from http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...vent_entry.pdf"

Of which there were 56.
55 cars were entered and participated in the Roar tests. Page 4 of the competitors supplementary regulations here http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...24h_122116.pdf states that the field is capped at 60 cars for practice and qualifying but oddly 57 for the actual race. But since the regulation of only allowing cars from the test to race exists I would think 55 is the max number. Perhaps IMSA would allow a team already entered to add a second car for the race up to the maximum of 57 allowed.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3702169)   #342
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Ooooopppsss. I miscounted GTD. Thanks.

jimclark