Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3681442)   #51
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I'd kepp an eye on here: http://www.imsa.com/

At the moment, 'don't even see a "Test"... just the Roar Before....and no real info there even for that; you can click on "Event Schedule" but none appears.....?????

Great promotion......
What would you like them to promote? It's only October.

IMZA WHARE IS TEH 2018 SCHEDULE???
Old 19 Oct 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3681446)   #52
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The November tests aren't supposed to be public events, they have zero reason to promote them.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3681451)   #53
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys, that was helpful!
Old 19 Oct 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3681461)   #54
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is my early stab at it. I'll adjust as things change.

P (15-16)
2x Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi
2x Action Express Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
2x SpeedSource Riley Mazda DPi
2x Rebellion Racing Oreca 07 Gibson
1-2x Starworks Motorsport Riley Gibson
1x Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
1x DeltaWing Racing Cars DeltaWing DWC13
1x VisitFlorida.com Racing Riley Mazda DPi
1x PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Ligier Gibson
1x JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson
1x DragonSpeed Oreca 07 Gibson

PC (3-5)
1-2x Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
1-2x BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
1x Performance Tech Oreca FLM09

GTLM (10)
2x Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
2x Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
2x BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
2x Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
1x Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 Italia GTE

GTD (21-25)
2x Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
2x 3GT Racing Lexus RC F GT3
2x Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
2x Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
1-2x Alex Job Racing (New Car)
1-2x Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
1-2x TRG (New Car)
1-2x Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x CORE Autosport Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
1x Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
1x Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
1x Lone Star Racing (New Car)
1x Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x HTP Motorsport Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 19 Oct 2016 at 20:54.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3681464)   #55
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Andy Lally is working the World Challenge paddock, that's a sign to me that Magnus is toast.

I'd put the Proton GTLM entry at higher likelihood than a couple of those GTD entries.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 00:09 (Ref:3681495)   #56
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good work as usual Dyson Mazda! Thanks!
Old 20 Oct 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3681596)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Here is my early stab at it. I'll adjust as things change.

GTD (21-25)
2x Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
1-2x Alex Job Racing (New Car)
1-2x TRG (New Car)
1-2x Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
1x Lone Star Racing (New Car)
1x Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
1x HTP Motorsport Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
The GTD entry for Daytona is going to be bonkers. Lots of good teams running cars and I bet the driver lineups will be pretty dang good in most of them too. I wonder how many teams will bring Porsches? I'm sure going to miss the Viper.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3681603)   #58
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I feel the numbers are slightly over optimistic, especially in GTD, although we might see Konrad in that class again. Is HTP the possible Della Lana entry?
Old 20 Oct 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3681615)   #59
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
In you guys hurry to discredit my post (why I have no clue...) you've made a couple of glaring errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The November tests aren't supposed to be public events, they have zero reason to promote them.
Then it must be my imagination that I've driven the 480 miles (round trip) to attend on numerous occasions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
Again, must be my imagination that right on the IMSA home page is this (in, of all things, October):
http://www.imsa.com/events/roar-rolex-24-0

I know I'm getting older by the minute, and senility must surely be setting in, but I don't make it a habit of posting without knowledge. And, if advised correctly of an error on my part, I'm more than happy to stand corrected. I do not in this instance. Thank you very much.

jimclark
Old 20 Oct 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3681624)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In you guys hurry to discredit my post (why I have no clue...) you've made a couple of glaring errors.

Then it must be my imagination that I've driven the 480 miles (round trip) to attend on numerous occasions.

Again, must be my imagination that right on the IMSA home page is this (in, of all things, October):

I know I'm getting older by the minute, and senility must surely be setting in, but I don't make it a habit of posting without knowledge. And, if advised correctly of an error on my part, I'm more than happy to stand corrected. I do not in this instance. Thank you very much.
The Nov. and Dec. tests may allow the public some access, in the minimal sense, but are not 'promoted' events. As to the Roar, it is on the schedule and provides a minimum of info and ticket sales, LINK . So the derogatory comment about the promotion of 'non-events' and the Roar is rather misplaced irregardless if you have previously driven to attend the Roar or not.

L.P.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3681628)   #61
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The Nov. and Dec. tests may allow the public some access, in the minimal sense, but are not 'promoted' events. As to the Roar, it is on the schedule and provides a minimum of info and ticket sales, LINK . So the derogatory comment about the promotion of 'non-events' and the Roar is rather misplaced irregardless if you have previously driven to attend the Roar or not.
L.P.
I never mentioned promotion of the test days, just that theyn were open to the public.
I posted the link from the IMSA home page (which has an "Event Schedule" button which does not take one to a sched. That is to which I referred) about the ROAR. The claim of the test days being non-public was the reason I mentioned attending; I didn't mention driving to the ROAR (which, of course, I did to get there). The public can. I never mentioned there is or should be promotion of it. Comprehension is key in reading. Parallel world going on here???

(edit: Psssstttt...."irregardless" is a double negative. The word is regardless )

Last edited by jimclark; 20 Oct 2016 at 17:44.

jimclark
Old 20 Oct 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3681633)   #62
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Quote:

Quote:
I never mentioned promotion of the test days, just that theyn were open to the public.
I posted the link from the IMSA home page (which has an "Event Schedule" button which does not take one to a sched. That is to which I referred) about the ROAR. The claim of the test days being non-public was the reason I mentioned attending; I didn't mention driving to the ROAR (which, of course, I did to get there). The public can. I never mentioned there is or should be promotion of it. Comprehension is key in reading. Parallel world going on here???

(edit: Psssstttt...."irregardless" is a double negative. The word is regardless )
Well, the first part we will just have to disagree upon.

Psssstttt..... it is in the dictionary and is a word! http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

L.P.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3681636)   #63
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Psssstttt..... it is in the dictionary and is a word! http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
There is no definition, and it's not gramatically correct. Ain't is also in the dictionary. Doesn't mean that should be used either.

The prefix ir- (i-r) is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix ir to a word that's already negative like regardless, you're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard."
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 20 Oct 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3681643)   #64
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well, the first part we will just have to disagree upon.
L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
There is no definition, and it's not gramatically correct. Ain't is also in the dictionary. Doesn't mean that should be used either.
The prefix ir- (i-r) is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix ir to a word that's already negative like regardless, you're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard."
ENUFF!!! (is that a word???

I PM'd ya's (another? you's?) both.

Alright, alright. I PM'd both of you....

jimclark
Old 20 Oct 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3681646)   #65
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year the November IMSA test was closed to the public. You had to take a track tour to get a glimpse of the cars.

They used to have a small section of the grandstands open by turn 4 for testing but they did not last year (maybe due to the construction) and I don't know if they will in the future.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3684318)   #66
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTD champs back to defend title in 2017.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...e-in-2017.html
Old 31 Oct 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3684344)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
GTD champs back to defend title in 2017.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...e-in-2017.html
We also have confirmation of the Sunoco challenge winner who will be a driver in the 31 Action express car:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...ted-to-do.html
Old 5 Nov 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3685563)   #68
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The AF Corse #51 Ferrari at Daytona will be in GTD.
Old 5 Nov 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3685579)   #69
canamman
Veteran

United States
10 Confirmed full season Prototypes.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...allenge-102516
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3686385)   #70
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is my updated Rolex 24 Entry list. I will just go out and say I am psyched for this race.

P

DPi
2x Action Express Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
1x Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Cadillac DPi
2x SpeedSource Riley Mazda DPi
1x VisitFlorida.com Racing Riley Mazda DPi
2x Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi

2017 P2
1x PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Ligier Gibson
1x JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson
1-2x Starworks Motorsport Riley Gibson
1x DragonSpeed Oreca 07 Gibson*
1/2x Rebellion Racing Oreca 07 Gibson*
1x Penske Racing Oreca 07 Gibson*
1x ViperExchange.com / Riley Motorsports Riley Gibson*

Other
1x Panoz DeltaWing Racing DeltaWing DWC13
1x SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan*

PC

2x BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
1-2x Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
1x Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
1x JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca FLM09

GTLM

2x Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
2x Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
2x BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
2x Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
1x Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 Italia GTE

GTD

Acura

Audi
1x Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS*
1x WRT Audi R8 LMS*

BMW
1/2x Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3

Ferrari
1x AF Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3

Lamborghini
1x Dream Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
1x Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracán GT3*

Lexus

Mercedes
1x ViperExchange.com / Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x WeatherTech Racing / Riley Motorsports Mercedes-AMG GT3
1x Dalla Lana/HTP Motorsport Mercedes-AMG GT3*

Porsche
1x Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R*
1/2x Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R*
1x Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R*

Other
1-2x TRG TBD*
1x Lone Star Racing TBD*
1x Sweedler/Bell TBD*

* = Rumored / less than “likely”

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 8 Nov 2016 at 03:10.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3686470)   #71
canamman
Veteran

United States
Awesome breakdown Dyson Mazda!
Thank you so much for doing this over the years.

I too am looking forward to this race.
Here is the schedule from the Daytona Speedway website.
http://www.daytonainternationalspeed.../Schedule.aspx

Thursday, January 26th

7:00 AM

Garages open

9:00 AM

Fanzone open

Stadium open

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge practice session #1

9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Grassroots Motorsports Experience located at the Grassroots Motorsports tent along Lake Lloyd

10:20 AM - 11:20 AM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship practice session #1

11:40 AM - 12:25 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge practice session #2

1:30 PM - 2:00 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship practice session #2

2:20 PM - 2:50 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge practice session #3

3:10 PM - 3:25 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTD qualifying

3:35 PM - 3:50 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTLM qualifying

4:00 PM - 4:15 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship PC qualifying

4:25 PM - 4:40 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship P qualifying

5:00 PM - 5:20 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge practice session #4

5:30 PM - 5:45 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge ST qualifying

5:45 PM - 6:00 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge GS qualifying

7:00 PM - 8:30 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship practice session #3

Jan

Friday, January 27th

Garages open

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Fanzone Kids Zone open

Rolex 24 Heritage Exhibition Display at the FPL Solar Patio inside Fanzone

Fanzone open

9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Grassroots Motorsports Experience located at the Grassroots Motorsports tent along Lake Lloyd

Stadium open

9:20 AM - 9:40 AM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge practice session #5

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship practice session #4

11:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Carnival Rides at the Boardwalk Experience

11:15 AM - 12:00 PM

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Pre-Race/Fan Walk

12:15 PM

BMW Endurance Challenge At DAYTONA (4 hours)

Jan

Saturday, January 28th

6:30 AM

Fanzone open

6:30 AM

Garages open

DAYTONA 5K Run & Fun Walk

REGISTER ONLINE

8:00 AM

Rolex 24 Heritage Exhibition Display at the FPL Solar Patio inside Fanzone

Stadium open

9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Fanzone Kids Zone open

9:00 AM - 12:00 AM

10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Photos with the 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona trophy inside Gatorade Victory Lane

10:00 AM - 12:00 AM

10:30 AM

Rolex 24 Heritage Exhibition laps

12:00 PM - 12:45 PM

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship driver autograph session inside Fanzone

1:05 PM - 2:20 PM

Crossover gates open

1:05 PM - 2:20 PM

Grid opens for fan access to pre-race ceremonies on Pit Road

2:40 PM

START – 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona

BUY TICKETS

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Wine & Cheese Party – Café 24 Activity Zone

6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Taste of the 24 in Stadium Midway Suites

8:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Live band on the Fanzone Main Stage in Fanzone

10:30 PM - 12:00 AM

Karaoke on the Fanzone Main Stage in Fanzone

Jan

Sunday, January 29th

8:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Café 24 Breakfast Garage inside the Café 24 Activity Zone

9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Photos with the 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona trophy inside Gatorade Victory Lane

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Fanzone Kids Zone open

9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

10:00 AM - 3:30 PM

2:40 PM

FINISH – 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona
Old 8 Nov 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3686493)   #72
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm so excited to be heading back down.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3686504)   #73
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like no Ferrari Challenge support races next year unless they add that to the schedule later when the Corse Cliente calendar is released.

Dyson Mazda, I think Proton still has plans to run GTLM in their current Porsche also.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3686508)   #74
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty poor support package. IMSA should have done better.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3686558)   #75
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Here is my updated Rolex 24 Entry list. I will just go out and say I am psyched for this race.
You coming to watch with me? We can pull an all-nighter if you want.