Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Nov 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3688043)   #101
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Danke.

jimclark
Old 14 Nov 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3688049)   #102
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Perfect response.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3688083)   #103
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but, who is "Land"?
Only German's best GT team.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 00:00 (Ref:3688108)   #104
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Only German's best GT team.
So at The 24 of Daytona they will run GTD?
Old 15 Nov 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3688116)   #105
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That's affirmative as per the link from Bullman on this page.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3688186)   #106
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yes. And the car will stay in the USA...
Old 15 Nov 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3688228)   #107
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Miguel. Sometimes all the GT's(classes) get mixed up for me.

On another note , Delta Wing done. No swansong at 2017 Daytona.
Kinda sad, I always enjoyed seeing those 4 headlights coming
toward me. Look forward to the Avezzano.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/de...t-of-rolex-24/

Last edited by canamman; 15 Nov 2016 at 11:45.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3688243)   #108
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Are they doing Sebring as well (yes please!) or is the car sold for competition/collection in the US?
Old 16 Nov 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3688394)   #109
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is good news
Quote:
The GTD grid is expected to feature up to ten additional Daytona, or Daytona/Sebring-only entries from European GT3 teams, with Land Motorsport, Ebimotors, Grasser Racing Team, and HTP Motorsport among the expected entrants, along with at least two other to-be-announced efforts.
This is bad news
Quote:
It’s understood the entry cap for January’s race will likely be set at 60 cars, which could result in some teams being turned away. A total of 67 cars took the start in the 2014 running of the race, the largest field since the merger.
This is the source: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...ay-notebook-3/
Old 16 Nov 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3688396)   #110
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
This is good news

This is bad news

Absolutely ridiculous if they turn away teams because of this. Especially when they ran more cars just 3 years ago. And in the 80's they ran like 80 cars using the same pitroad. They should have the slowest qualifying cars share pit stalls as an alternative to just packing up and going home.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 01:56 (Ref:3688397)   #111
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
About ten years ago the Conti series (or whatever it was called back then) had over a hundred starters.

jimclark
Old 16 Nov 2016, 02:07 (Ref:3688399)   #112
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This is good news

This is bad news

I would like to hear what the series says is their reasoning for capping at 60.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 02:07 (Ref:3688400)   #113
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Absolutely ridiculous if they turn away teams because of this. Especially when they ran more cars just 3 years ago. And in the 80's they ran like 80 cars using the same pitroad. They should have the slowest qualifying cars share pit stalls as an alternative to just packing up and going home.
It will be interesting to see if we get to 60. Right now my confirmed count is at 47 with 22 rumored. I do feel like Sebring in 2014 was a bit too crowded with 62 cars. I mean more or less, every racing series in the world has car caps due to facility limitations. Though, I still think that the Le Mans entry list should be closer to 70.

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 16 Nov 2016 at 02:14.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 02:21 (Ref:3688403)   #114
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if we get to 60. Right now my confirmed count is at 47 with 22 rumored. I do feel like Sebring in 2014 was a bit too crowded with 62 cars. I mean more or less, every racing series in the world has car caps due to facility limitations. Though, I still think that the Le Mans entry list should be closer to 70.
Yeah but Daytona should be able to accommodate more cars than Sebring. Even though Sebring is a little bit longer than Daytona, it's so easy for the cars to pass around the oval at Daytona so they don't get jammed up behind traffic as much.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 09:52 (Ref:3688466)   #115
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
With the number of yellow flags Daytona invites these days, I can understand the cap. Especially if speed differences are expected to be bigger this year.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3688906)   #116
canamman
Veteran

United States
Testing update. Article on the Pruett Lexus.
http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/sco...lexus-rc-f-gt3
Old 17 Nov 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3688913)   #117
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
60 cars is a lot, even around Le Mans. I take that as a sign that they're interested in reducing caution periods, which we could surely all agree is a good thing?
Old 17 Nov 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3688921)   #118
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
They should qualify for those spots, instead of turning people away.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3688922)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
60 cars is a lot, even around Le Mans. I take that as a sign that they're interested in reducing caution periods, which we could surely all agree is a good thing?
Fewer cautions would indeed be a good thing! Playing devils advocate here, but what if 61 cars submitted and entry, would they really just tell one team to go home?
Old 17 Nov 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3688944)   #120
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
With the number of yellow flags Daytona invites these days, I can understand the cap. Especially if speed differences are expected to be bigger this year.
Bigger speed differences is actually better in reducing cautions, as the passing 'twixt classes is easier...lessens chance of contact.

jimclark
Old 17 Nov 2016, 22:20 (Ref:3688945)   #121
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Fewer cautions would indeed be a good thing! Playing devils advocate here, but what if 61 cars submitted and entry, would they really just tell one team to go home?
I dont think we'll be in danger of going above 60 because of the (thankfully) small potential LMPC entry list.

Although there will be teething issues with the DPI cars, so they will cause yellows. Do I think all of them will drop out with mechanical trouble though? No. I bet those Caddys will be reliable.
Old 18 Nov 2016, 01:00 (Ref:3688970)   #122
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Changing IMSA's philosophy (and replacing the folks that are in charge of their race officiating team) on the need to stay green during a race is a much better way of doing so!
Old 18 Nov 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3688976)   #123
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So what's the point? If 81 apply do you expect they will/should be allowed? If allowing the 61st is ok, what about the 62nd or 63rd is it fair to let the 1st over in but not the second or third? Where does it end? ....

L.P.
Old 18 Nov 2016, 02:45 (Ref:3688988)   #124
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
You let them all show up, and send the slowest cars home after qualifying...
Old 18 Nov 2016, 03:11 (Ref:3688996)   #125
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You let them all show up, and send the slowest cars home after qualifying...
But with multi class racing you would only be sending GTD class cars home. Unless you dropped a car or 2 from each class, but are you really going to send a couple GTLM and P class cars home to get in some PC cars? In the 30 plus years I've been going to the D24 they've always let everyone who shows up run, If it looks like they could get 60 cars they should at least try to get the limit to 65, since we know they accommodated 67 just a few years ago.