Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jan 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3008467)   #1
stido
Racer

stido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 V8 Supercar Liveries

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd start the thread, Cant wait to see this years warpaint in action.

Hopefully number Walkinshaw Racing's #66 Supercheap Auto Machine has a striking paint scheme!

So guys, as you see em, start posting!

Cheers

Stido
Old 17 Jan 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3013109)   #2
mosscano
Rookie

Australia
Australia
mosscano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmosscano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's FPR Bottle-O #55 2012 Livery:

Old 18 Jan 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3013224)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Very nice, looks like one of Mr. Wills' designs...?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Jan 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3013226)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how that design will translate to a 'real' car? Looks great on the graphic..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Jan 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3013231)   #5
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Sinch Creative won't mind me posting their render:

From what the designer was saying parts of it will be a 'carbon effect' which should look great, it's certainly a striking look.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3013254)   #6
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
I hope Sinch Creative won't mind me posting their render:

From what the designer was saying parts of it will be a 'carbon effect' which should look great, it's certainly a striking look.
JC from past experience most of the Carbon Fibre Look paint jobs end up coming out looking just cheap and nasty. If it looks as good as the rendering it should be one of the best liveries out for a while. I will wait to see it in the flesh before I pass judgement.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3013309)   #7
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
JC from past experience most of the Carbon Fibre Look paint jobs end up coming out looking just cheap and nasty. If it looks as good as the rendering it should be one of the best liveries out for a while. I will wait to see it in the flesh before I pass judgement.
The carbon fibre vinyl we have now to use looks and feels just like the real thing, people who should know have trouble telling the difference between vinyl and the reel thing.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3013317)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, that 3M stuff is quite convincing.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 01:53 (Ref:3013892)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
The Monster car looked terrific, this is a bit reminiscent of that. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.