Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Jan 2000, 20:31 (Ref:6480)   #1
Grant
Rookie

Grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the opinions on the current crop of rally games out on the market just now? I cant comment on the PC versions as playing games on a laptop isnt the best way to try them out but I do own Colin McRae's and VRally 2 for Playstation. Personally I prefer CM to VRally 2 but the arcade mode in VRally 2 is a lot of fun.

Anyone tried the new Rally Championship yet? Is it even out for Playstation? Any idea when CM 2 is due for release?

I'd love to see a rally game that actually gave you road sections inbetween stages for the ultimate rally game experience!
Old 15 Jan 2000, 17:10 (Ref:6481)   #2
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand CMR2 is due in a couple of months. I E-mailed Codemasters some time ago to enquire and was told 'Spring 2000'.
I agree that even though it is the older game, CMR is far superior to VR-2. There are too many gimmicks, unrealistic gameplay, and the cars are downright undriveable.
I await with interest Gran Turismo 2 (£21 from streetsonline.co.uk), which has an off-road/rally feature. Apparently the rally sections are very good. GT2 is available from 28/01/00
Old 20 Jan 2000, 05:56 (Ref:6482)   #3
SkylineR34
Rookie

Hong Kong
SkylineR34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the best rally games so far has been SegaRally2 arcade version. The delux box has moving seat and 6 speakers poitning at the driver.

Joypolis in Takashimaya Times Square in Shinjuku has the game built around a Toyota Celica that moves with the drive. Quite a game.

I've played GT2 but unfortunately, the graphics and feel for the rally stages is a bit disappointing. Like the rest of the game really. The best part of the game is the intro Video on disc one (arcade mode disk).
Old 23 Jan 2000, 11:54 (Ref:6483)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you like arcade rally games, Sega Rally 2 wins hands down, but if you like rally sims, get your hands on Rally Championship 2000.
Excellent graphics (photo realistic senery) and a wide array of cars, coupled to realistic damage and handling makes it simply delicious...i really feel like Tommi behind the wheels....pity it is based on 98 instead of 99....i'd dying to try the focus and EvoVI
Old 24 Jan 2000, 08:49 (Ref:6484)   #5
Grant
Rookie

Grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually got hold of the Playstation GT2 yesterday and it was a dissapointment after all the write ups its had. The rally section is ok if you play it in drift mode but I cant see it having the lasting appeal of CMR.