Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Sep 2010, 04:51 (Ref:2761106)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel - "Are you guys ****ing with me?"

Go onto the Formula 1 website and watch the Italian GP race video. There's a very angry Sebastian Vettel on the radio to his team...
Old 18 Sep 2010, 05:12 (Ref:2761108)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
And?
Old 18 Sep 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2761132)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shocking, x-rated stuff.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2761133)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its a bit like saying Webber sounded like he was doing an Alonso whingeing about Hulkenberg instead of getting on with it and trying to pass him, as he did eventually.

Alonso has of course had his moments and outbursts on a regular basis.

Look at Hamilton earlier in the year cussing his pitwall for a strategy decision that he felt was wrong.

Or Massa's reaction to being asked to allow Alonso past him, followed by a very deliberate, some might say uneccessary action that in reality became the reason behind the team orders scandal.

My point is more that any of the drivers would feel at least miffed when the car develops some fault, or there is some interuption in their progress that is not their fault, and more to the point potentially race / championship damaging, particularly at this stage of the season.

They are all human beings under ultra high pressure and prone to outbursts on the spur of the moment. I think the occassional hurling of a steering wheel or display of anger is quite human and understandable.

Given the number of times that Vettel has through no fault of his own lost race wins and good results this year due to his car failing in some way, I can only think that most would have a WTF moment if in his position.

As it happens I think his 'outburst' was tame relative to some other driver reactions to hardship. At least after the problem was resolved he managed to compose himself and put in one of the better drives in the field and got back up to fourth.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2761145)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least that's a direct question rather than the pathetic whining we get from his team mate.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2761146)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
People always seem surprised when drivers are angry with their team over the radio but I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. It's inevitable that any comments will be terse and to the point when you're hurtling along at up to 215mph, with all the attendant noise, trying to converse with a bloke in the pits.

Nobody would think less of a footballer shouting at a team-mate in the midst of a tense match.

Last edited by Super Hans; 18 Sep 2010 at 09:37.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2761147)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
People always seem surprised when drivers are terse or angry with their team over the radio but I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

And if you think they've screwed your race, you may actually use colourful language.
Indeed, I remember JPM did it fairly regularly, several times about Ralfie (or the team) and the infamous one that used to be on youtube concerning Kimi at Spa. Great value!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2761186)   #8
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Indeed, I remember JPM did it fairly regularly, several times about Ralfie (or the team) and the infamous one that used to be on youtube concerning Kimi at Spa. Great value!
"..Raikkonen!.. F***ing Raikkonen!.. What a F***ing Idiot!.."

As a fan of both of them, rather funny.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2761198)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
"..Raikkonen!.. F***ing Raikkonen!.. What a F***ing Idiot!.."

As a fan of both of them, rather funny.
If a driver said that now he'd probably have to hold a press conference to apologise.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2761207)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sad but true.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2761212)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh noes, my ears.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2761266)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I seem to remember Webber saying "****ing kids" and being applauded as some sort of cult hero.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2761268)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*giggles*
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2761311)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a funny outburst I admit. Unfortunately we only get to hear a selected few broadcasts on the TV transmission. Obliviously they would have to censor this one!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2761348)   #15
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's disrespectful to treat your team like that - these are often the guys that don't get the glory, that do the slogging, and then have to deal with prima donna drivers. In some circles, I hear people saying they want the interviews and the like to be less sanitized, but then when someone goes out and actually says something it is offensive and people decry them. Honesty and emotion are exciting and entertaining, but outbursts like this take way from what little respect I have less for a driver (Vettel in this case, but they all seem like cocks to me at this point).

I would say the best method is for someone to be honest, but respectful in their answers - don't cuss someone out or be vulgar, but get your point across clearly and in an reasonable manner. I'd prefer to be honest that whining wasn't around at all - I think if you are gonna whine about your team, you should at least keep it as a private manner between you and them. Airing your grievances in public is very sloppy in my eyes.

Then again, I quite like Kimi's nonchalance and disinterest. He was a prick, but he was a prick in a rather funny way. I didn't like when he shoved the cameraman away - I think that is unacceptable.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2761352)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
I seem to remember Webber saying "****ing kids" and being applauded as some sort of cult hero.
Didn't someone have that in their sig once?

Sorry, the users name escapes me at this moment...ooh, it's on the tip of my tongue.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2761374)   #17
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.... and the usual suspects turn another thread into a Webber bash!

The therapists must be making a fortune this year!
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2761461)   #18
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Nice flag you have there Rick.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2761464)   #19
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Madagascar, by the looks.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2761473)   #20
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post

Then again, I quite like Kimi's nonchalance and disinterest. He was a prick, but he was a prick in a rather funny way. I didn't like when he shoved the cameraman away - I think that is unacceptable.
The cameraman was standing on top of his belongings that he was going to use in the race that was about to start in 10 minutes time. The camera man was being way out of line.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2761477)   #21
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
What slightly concerns me is that the dialogue is consistent with the following events.

1. RB needs to get MW ahead of SV but cannot use team orders.
2. RB somehow make SV's engine go off.
3. SV notices problem.
4. MW goes past.
5. SV notices problem has gone.
6. SV radios team asking whether they are messing with engine.

Made me think if this.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2761503)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't that involve two way telemetry?
Old 19 Sep 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2761513)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Exactly.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2761516)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought the FIA banned two-way telemetry back in 2003.

Ooh, the plot thickens...
Old 19 Sep 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2761542)   #25
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
What slightly concerns me is that the dialogue is consistent with the following events.

1. RB needs to get MW ahead of SV but cannot use team orders.
2. RB somehow make SV's engine go off.
3. SV notices problem.
4. MW goes past.
5. SV notices problem has gone.
6. SV radios team asking whether they are messing with engine.

Made me think if this.
You forgot

7. RB uses strategy to get Vettel ahead of Webber

If they are using team orders they are retarded at it.