Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jan 2012, 04:57 (Ref:3014396)   #1
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An Open and Public Letter to TDR and LDM

Dear TDR and LDM,

You are the last of the single car teams in V8 Supercars. It may be worth noting that each of you receive some small level of support from your vehicle providers FPR and WP respectively.

This clearly isn't enough. In the last few years we have seen much in the way "mergers" for lack of a better term (as each one has slightly different circumstances and details surrounding it). Perkins Engineering and Kelly Racing, Rod Nash Racing and Ford Performance Racing, JR Racing and Stone Brothers Racing, Britek Motorsport and Brad Jones Racing, Triple F Racing and Dick Johnson Racing.

Are you seeing a pattern?

Before I go any further let me be the first to commend you on what you have achieved in your own right respectively. It is simply amazing to sit back and think about the mammoth job of setting up from scratch and running a V8 Supercar operation. So from the bottom of every average punters heart, congratulations on achieving something so many of us can barely comprehend!

With that aside, is it, or is it not time to be asking some questions? Both of your operations are so staunch in wanting to remain independent, but at what cost? Both of you lost major sponsors at the tail end of 2011. It may be said that "we let them walk", and that may be true, but there must be a better way?

I for one would like to see the D'Alberto's and the Dumbrell's work together.

Two small, single-car operations based out of Melbourne. Two very prominent families in Australian motorsport, pair their resources to get themselves further up the grid.

Look at the Webb's and what they've been able to achieve in only going into their third year in the main game!

Surely between the two of you and your combined RECs under a new name (my vote is for Double D Racing a-thankyou!) you can strike a supply deal for a couple cars that are equal so you can operate as a true two car team, develop and get yourselves up the grid!

Even your car numbers are workable, #3 and #30!

Tony, even if you ****ed that FPR thing of yours off and went back to your WP VE, at least that can be paired with Lucas'. From there they could both be stripped and given a fair upgrade together!

I know it's too late for 2012. Tony you'll be out there soon enough in your FPR FG and Lucas, you'll have driver TBA out there in either your WP VE (or 888 VE, or whatever you're doing) - Yet you are both still to announce any replacement major sponsorship for 2012... Surely this must get you thinking?

You are both so close in terms of a match for a partner-up or merger, yet you both seem compelled to want to continue going in completely different directions - both of them leading no-where.

Maybe during the year you'll think about this and start having a bit of chat to each other about possible 2013 options together... Before it's too late?

Just something to think on.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3016024)   #2
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, with LDM picking up a 888 VE chassis, the two groups remain determined to go in two separate directions.

There goes that idea!

What's next? LDM partnership with Tekno?
TDR to FPR (proper)?

Time will tell. But their current models remain unsustainable.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 04:17 (Ref:3017193)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Dear TDR and LDM,

You are the last of the single car teams in V8 Supercars. It may be worth noting that each of you receive some small level of support from your vehicle providers FPR and WP respectively.

This clearly isn't enough. In the last few years we have seen much in the way "mergers" for lack of a better term (as each one has slightly different circumstances and details surrounding it). Perkins Engineering and Kelly Racing, Rod Nash Racing and Ford Performance Racing, JR Racing and Stone Brothers Racing, Britek Motorsport and Brad Jones Racing, Triple F Racing and Dick Johnson Racing.

Before I go any further let me be the first to commend you on what you have achieved in your own right respectively. It is simply amazing to sit back and think about the mammoth job of setting up from scratch and running a V8 Supercar operation. So from the bottom of every average punters heart, congratulations on achieving something so many of us can barely comprehend!

With that aside, is it, or is it not time to be asking some questions? Both of your operations are so staunch in wanting to remain independent, but at what cost? Both of you lost major sponsors at the tail end of 2011. It may be said that "we let them walk", and that may be true, but there must be a better way?

Two small, single-car operations based out of Melbourne. Two very prominent families in Australian motorsport, pair their resources to get themselves further up the grid.

Look at the Webb's and what they've been able to achieve in only going into their third year in the main game!

Surely between the two of you and your combined RECs under a new name (my vote is for Double D Racing a-thankyou!) you can strike a supply deal for a couple cars that are equal so you can operate as a true two car team, develop and get yourselves up the grid!

Tony, even if you ****ed that FPR thing of yours off and went back to your WP VE, at least that can be paired with Lucas'. From there they could both be stripped and given a fair upgrade together!

I know it's too late for 2012. Tony you'll be out there soon enough in your FPR FG and Lucas, you'll have driver TBA out there in either your WP VE (or 888 VE, or whatever you're doing) - Yet you are both still to announce any replacement major sponsorship for 2012... Surely this must get you thinking?

You are both so close in terms of a match for a partner-up or merger, yet you both seem compelled to want to continue going in completely different directions - both of them leading no-where.

Maybe during the year you'll think about this and start having a bit of chat to each other about possible 2013 options together... Before it's too late?

It would seem more logical to pair up.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3019586)   #4
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Dear TDR and LDM,

Could both go to Chrysler with GRM and the CoTF...

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3020809)   #5
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not if Chrysler have a say in it