JFAUSSAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kiesa but it turned to jos the boss bashing
Old 26 Aug 2003, 16:49 (Ref:699699)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Comedy is all about timing and that would have really worked if it were on the previous page.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 17:23 (Ref:699717)   #53
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was about Kieasa until Steve Neilsen came along to rave about Jos yet again, depsite the guy's obvious and blatant lack fo talent compared to the frontrunners.

Wilson is not the only promising young British driver who could do a job for Jaguar by the start of 2004 - Davidson, Kerr and Paffett are all out there as well. And all propbably better than Kiesa, just, sadly, poorer.

Likewise, De la Rosa, McNish, Irvine, Sato and Massa have all proved themselves to be at least as good as Jos, but without sponsorship from Dutch companies with mroe money than sense or racing knowledge, they have to watch.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 19:07 (Ref:699844)   #54
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this isn't really helping the thread back onto topic, but I have to say I'm amazed at the strength of anti-Verstappen feeling: I wouldn't really have thought the guy had done enough for anyone to really care that much in either direction. Makes me wonder if somewhere out there there is similar depth of feeling for Bertrand Gachot, Alex Caffi, Erik Comas etc...

Back on topic, I was impressed by Kiesa in Germany: as I recall, he dropped time to Jos in the first sector of qualifying due to over-tentiveness on his first ever one-lap qualifying lap, but matched him over the last two. For a guy parachuted into a new car and formula, I think that's pretty good, especially as Wilson was generally behind Jos over one lap.

Hopefully his Hungary weekend will prove to be a case of "Mika Salo '99" syndrom--unfamiliarity with the car and its set up hurting the driver on a techinical track.

Last edited by Gore; 26 Aug 2003 at 19:09.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 19:36 (Ref:699911)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well no-one cares what Jos has done Gore, you're right. But when these crazy Jos fans jump in for no apparent reason to wax lyrical about him, you have to argue the toss. You can't sit back and watch them over-rate Verstappen, as NiceGuyEddie will testify!

And it's pretty amusing to watch the level of bias from the Dutch parties! He he!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 21:45 (Ref:700054)   #56
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
It was about Kieasa until Steve Neilsen came along to rave about Jos yet again, depsite the guy's obvious and blatant lack fo talent compared to the frontrunners.

if you think that about Jos I wonder how you feel about a driver who was lapped by him, sure it was a thread about Kiesa, but you can best compare him to his teammate wich happens to be Jos Verstappen, who was 2.5 seconds faster in qualifying and lapped Kiesa in the race.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:03 (Ref:700948)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're both rubbish. Next!
Old 27 Aug 2003, 22:04 (Ref:701199)   #58
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being Dutch myself, a kind request to both Steve and Eddie, relax a bit. Can't you just accept that there are about 20 racers out there. Some of them have every right to be there, some of them are there just for the money they have behind them. And that happens to be a fact for Jos at this moment (sorry Steve). Could he do better and does he derserves to get a better car/team? Who will tell. I think he does, but will we be able to see this? Just think of one thing: Every driver in F1 is some kind of pay-driver. We can of course name every one of them and mention the company that is getting the benefits (or not) of their driver, but just to to put a name up: Shell came in F1 backing Ferrari for the same amount as the salary that MS was getting. So does that make Michael a pay driver? Yes, in a way it does. And believe me, in a way that count's for all of them. This is F1, remember.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 03:23 (Ref:701348)   #59
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide

Wilson is not the only promising young British driver who could do a job for Jaguar by the start of 2004 - Davidson, Kerr and Paffett are all out there as well. And all propbably better than Kiesa, just, sadly, poorer.

Martin Brundle and James Allen remarked on this during the Hungarian race. Neither Kiesa or the Hungarian fella have set the lower formula's alight, but are driving in F1 (admittidly the Hungarian fella was for one race and Kiesa as a last minute stand in) when the likes of Wurz, Massa, De La Rosa etc are all looking for a race seat but would prefer to take big team testing roles than small team racing roles.

Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
but you can best compare him to his teammate wich happens to be Jos Verstappen, who was 2.5 seconds faster in qualifying and lapped Kiesa in the race.
Qualifying doesn't mean anything anymore, plus, given experience, there is no way that Kiesa should get anywhere near Verstappen! As for lapping, a certain race winner also lapped his team mate! Thinking about that situation, i see your point
Old 28 Aug 2003, 16:14 (Ref:701958)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This Dutch chap agrees with Dutch chap.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 18:27 (Ref:702076)   #61
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V

Qualifying doesn't mean anything anymore, plus, given experience, there is no way that Kiesa should get anywhere near Verstappen! As for lapping, a certain race winner also lapped his team mate! Thinking about that situation, i see your point
I know for a fact that Jos and Kiesa where on the same strategy(they also stopped one lap apart in the race)

so that 2.5 seconds DOES mean EVERYTHING.........

and Trulli certainly did'nt look good either, Alonso showed him what you can do with that car if you have real talent.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 19:17 (Ref:702117)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Steve.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 21:13 (Ref:702174)   #63
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch chap
Being Dutch myself, a kind request to both Steve and Eddie, relax a bit.
I agree.

Please, Steve and Eddie!
This is supposed to be a thread about Kiesa, not about Jos.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:00 (Ref:702520)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

A thread about Kiesa? Where? Tell me!:confused:
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:10 (Ref:702529)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Why haven't we mentioned JPM in here?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:27 (Ref:702548)   #66
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
msalkvhsakghsagsalk;gnhsag
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:32 (Ref:702550)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
msalkvhsakghsagsalk;gnhsag
You wouldn't say that if you knew what it meant!
Old 29 Aug 2003, 12:10 (Ref:702575)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread is dead...

...and now buried