Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2003, 02:19 (Ref:702301)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
What about Hiedfeld ?

after the announcement of Fisichella and Massa joining Sauber for next year I cant seem to recall any mention of Hiedfeld.

its likely that Frentzen is gonna go play on a beach somewhere (talent unfullfilled) but is hiedfeld on the way out of F1 too , or is there something lurking in the corridoors of F1 brokering that will see him stay for another year ???

I think he is failry talented but again hasnt had the chance to show his real worth.

the prost he started in was hopeless and Sauber sadly are a midfield team at best , and there doesnt look like there is much available out there in terms of top teams.

so does anyone know what Nick is up to for 2004 ????
Old 29 Aug 2003, 03:34 (Ref:702316)   #2
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If EJ deals for Mercedes power next season, perhaps Nick will find a seat there.

Ron D. choosing Kimi was the unofficial death blow to a successful career for Mr. Heidfeld, IMHO.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 03:41 (Ref:702319)   #3
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Nick. Maybe he must consider test driver role...
Old 29 Aug 2003, 04:10 (Ref:702325)   #4
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think RD's picking kimi should hurt nicks career...
It's more a case of every top teem having who they wanted (or having who they THINK they want)
Nick is just a victim of circumstances and politics.
He'll probably end up at jordan if eddie manages to worm his way out of his ford contract and gets merc instead.
If that happens nick should wait 'till the last moment and say "go get st*ffed eddie,i'd rather be test driving than drive one of your rubbish cars"
Old 29 Aug 2003, 04:41 (Ref:702336)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
No!! if Eddie gets the mercs for half the price of the Cosworths, and provided he does not get last years detuned merc, then Nick might actually get onto a good car. Howevre, I agree that when RD chose Kimi (and rightly so it turned out) Nick missed out on probably a once in a lifetime chance with a top three team. I don't honestly believe that chance will ever come, not for Nick and not for Fisi. This is the sad part of F1.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 04:41 (Ref:702337)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordon were interested in Heidfeld,but i guess they want him to get the Merc engines
Old 29 Aug 2003, 06:40 (Ref:702373)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, Heidfeld's future relies solely on where a Mercedes engine will be next year.

He has limited options:

1. Chances of staying at Sauber are virtually nil. Sauber taking Massa proved to me that Sauber are nothing but a Ferrari Jr. team now.

2. He could end up at Jordan if they get Mercedes engines. Not much chance of him ending up there without Mercedes, even if EJ would be interested in grabbing him

3. He could become second test driver for McLaren next to Wurz and hope to replace DC in 2005

4. He'll go off and race something else

Nick is confident of at least being IN an F1 car next year, but he's not 100% confident it will be in a racing capacity.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 06:52 (Ref:702383)   #8
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jag is also a chance if Wilson doesn't impress next GP
Old 29 Aug 2003, 08:51 (Ref:702430)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Sauber are nothing but a Ferrari Jr. team now.
Very true. If you believe all the rumours that have been flying around then Jordan will effectively become the McLaren/Mercedes Jr. team (there was a rumour at one point that Jordan may even use the MP4-17 next year). Whatever happens Jordan is Heidfelds best shot at a race seat for next year.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 09:26 (Ref:702453)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McLaren have reportedly retained De La Rosa alongside Wurz as second tester, so not an immediate opening for Nick H there.

Jordan a possibility but down to Merc engines, however would look to be a backward step if the current car is anything to go by.

Jaguar have (according to reports) turned down Nick as he cannot bring the required backing to secure the 2nd seat.

Other possibility, a straight swap for Massa (presuming he gets the Sauber drive), taking the 2nd test seat at Ferrari?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 09:40 (Ref:702462)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heidfeld doesn't belong in a top team, in ym view. The last twos easons he has really appeared to just be cruising and colelcting. Despite all Massa's crashes, he didn't really outdo him by very much, and he should've done better against Raikkonen considerig the gulf in experience.

Jordan is virtually the only posisbility, but he can feel qute unlucky to have lost out of Ferrari politics. Somw sort of look into the situations at these junior teams is required, because it's not what F1 is about to have one big team dictating another's driver choices or strategies.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 09:50 (Ref:702471)   #12
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
Very true. If you believe all the rumours that have been flying around then Jordan will effectively become the McLaren/Mercedes Jr. team (there was a rumour at one point that Jordan may even use the MP4-17 next year). Whatever happens Jordan is Heidfelds best shot at a race seat for next year.

Or Jordan may even use the MP4-18 as MCLaren won't be using it
Old 29 Aug 2003, 09:59 (Ref:702478)   #13
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....... provided they can get them to pass the FIA crash test !!!
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:24 (Ref:702494)   #14
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have seen rumour that Ferrari will give Sauber increased technical support as part of a possible deal with Massa, inc the possibility that next years Sauber will be based around the current Ferrari chassis.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 12:06 (Ref:702574)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's interesting.

I think Heidfled still have links with McLaren, so something should come out there.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 12:32 (Ref:702594)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If relations between Ferrari and Sauber increase as reported, considered Nick's links with Mercedes, it's hard to imagine a future in the swiss squad for him, isn't it?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 14:21 (Ref:702705)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12

Ron D. choosing Kimi was the unofficial death blow to a successful career for Mr. Heidfeld, IMHO.
But it was also the birth to Kimi's career I don't reckon that Ron has lost one nights sleep over his decision.

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

3. He could become second test driver for McLaren next to Wurz and hope to replace DC in 2005

Would that not be third test driver behind Wurz and De La Rosa?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
Or Jordan may even use the MP4-18 as MCLaren won't be using it
Never in a million years! I've said it before and i'll say it again, Ron Dennis is not in the buisness of paying millions for another team to gain an advantage.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 16:44 (Ref:702861)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr V is right in both responses. Ron Dennis spotted the great racer Kimi is, and Heidfeld has to live with that. Although I don't discard that McLaren has Heidfeld some way in its plans.
The idea of giving their chassis to Jordan is non-sense.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 19:55 (Ref:702993)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO RD will not agree to give a chassis to Jordon because Jordon on the track are rivals and you don't help your rivals by revealing tech details,even IF you happen to use the same engines.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 00:55 (Ref:703120)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I was joking Mr V
Old 30 Aug 2003, 03:05 (Ref:703148)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
I was joking Mr V
Apologies, sense of humour failure