3 6 10.00%
2 3 5.00%
1 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Oct 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2553778)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Japanese GP

A 2 AM Race for me, sorry, I was unable to post this time.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2553783)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. Processional, little excitement, but a lot of nice onboard shots! Which is very nice around Suzuka, what an awesome track.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2553792)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not an awesome race really, but my god aren't the aerial shots of F1 cars flying round this track just beautiful?
Old 4 Oct 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2553799)   #4
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fell asleep again.

Was awake to see Kinky have a go for the 1st time all year though
Old 4 Oct 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2553802)   #5
Megan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester, England
Megan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a 6 from me. Overall it was good, but I never expected it to be as exciting as quali.

It was great to see Vettel win again. I can't help but smile when hes on the podium or in the press conference, his grin is just so contageous . Also loved seeing Trulli doing well and Heikki's move on Fisi coming out the pits was fun to watch too.

Can't wait for the final two races now!
Old 4 Oct 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2553820)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It was a fairly humdrum race but the thing about the great circuits (Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Suzuka) is that even the humdrum races are highly watchable. 7.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2553824)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three bonus marks for the brilliant track, one for the race. 4/10.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 13:30 (Ref:2553835)   #8
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was absolutely mind-numbing, personally. Have rarely seen so little action. Great track, sure. But I must have blinked and missed all the interesting bits. 4.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2553891)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I have given this race a 6 and not because I thought the racing was any good..

I agree with the above poster mind-numbing...
Old 4 Oct 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2553898)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, the racing on the whole hasn't been good this year has it? How ironic that measures introduced to improve the racing have possibly had the opposite effect.

Got a 5 from me only for the excellent track, race was worth a 3 if it were anywhere else.

PS I fell asleep after lap 20, so I had to re-watch it later on.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2553911)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am going to respond to your point in another thread, because like most here I feel quite strongly about this now...
Old 4 Oct 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2553914)   #12
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last 4 laps were quite exciting.

The rest i was flicking between the replay and the touring cars so the racing didn't bore me that much.

so ill give it a 6 for the track and the race
Old 4 Oct 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2553923)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I must admit that I expected more.5

Jenson Button having to drop back to get in 'clean air' pretty much sums up the problem though.Downforce needs to be 10% of what it is currently,but we'll never get that sadly,and so............
Old 4 Oct 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2553925)   #14
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one didn't even hold my attention. I had my nose in a book starting just after the first pit stops, and kept it there until the last couple of laps.

5, just because it's a good track.

It's long past time for the powers-that-used-to-be to get serious about the aero and mechanical design of these cars. It's criminal that i'm looking forward to a NASCAR race on, perhaps, the dullest track in the world, just because I don't feel that I've been able to watch any worthwhile racing so far this weekend, and expect said NASCAR race to be far more interesting than the last two F1 races I've watched.

Bah!
Old 4 Oct 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2553932)   #15
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It shows the state of F1 'racing' these days when posters point out how dull the racing is and still give it a 6. Seems contradictory to me but just imo.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2553992)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
For one of the top 3 tracks on the calendar with reasonable overtaking spots around a long lap and a shuffled grid to boot, that was one of the most boring races for a long time.

Heck, even this year's rounds at Silverstone and Valencia were interesting compared to that!!!!

I only gave it a 2 thanks to Sutil yet again wasting his car in fumbling overtaking attempts (it really isn't his forte) and Kovalainen's incredible cheek in doing Fisipastitchella out of the pit lane!
Old 4 Oct 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2554030)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 7, which is probably a bit too generous, but then I am comparing it to the tedium that was Singapore. As Super Hans says, a dull race at a great track is still watchable, and I give it a bonus half-point for Heikki muscling Fisichella out of the way coming out of the pits. That even made me lean forward in my chair.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Oct 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2554071)   #18
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
terrible race
might as well award points for qualifying much more exciting

THE BTCC ON THE OTHER HAND :_)
Old 4 Oct 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2554081)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
THE BTCC ON THE OTHER HAND :_)
is boring to watch because the drivers have no boundaries as to their track conduct, so we can expect a bumper car contest?

My view anyway. Uninteresting to watch because anything can happen when they race. I like (and agree with) the idea of a certain level of respect between racers.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2554173)   #20
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I only gave it a 2 thanks to Sutil yet again wasting his car in fumbling overtaking attempts (it really isn't his forte)
That looked like Heiki's mistake to me though? Sutil was past, had the line, and he gave the Mclaren enough room to back out. Heiki just kept his boot in and shoved Sutil off the apex.
Old 4 Oct 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2554175)   #21
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Completely agree - It really looked like Kovy trying to desperately hang on to a place that was no longer his..

Sutil was clear through. It reminded me of Hammy/Raikkonen at Spa last year, except Kovy didn't decide to cut the chicane, which, in this day and age was probably the right thing to do due to the fact the run-off areas are so much more forgiving.

Selby
Old 4 Oct 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2554178)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I wonder what the rules say about overtaking there, technically is it still part of the pit lane ?
Old 5 Oct 2009, 07:46 (Ref:2554295)   #23
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I probably view F1 differently from most of my fellow[esse] posters, gave 8. I take into count the pit stops, strategy applied etc, boring as a 'race' maybe; the modern F1/F2 car does not lend itself to pure 'racing' unfortunate and a pity, but the way it is. The shuffleing of the grid would appear to me a ploy to extend the suspense of the two championships.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2554323)   #24
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I give it a 3.

I was so disinterested. Actually toward the tail-end of this season, I don't ever recall being so disinterested. It seems like overtaking is at an all time low. The only person who gives it a go is bloody Sutil!

Selby
Old 5 Oct 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2554331)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think it helps that stewards punish overtaking attempts.