Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Jul 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3436695)   #1
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross R7 - Trois Rivieres, Canada

Anyone know which cars have been shipped, and any other wildcards expected?
Old 22 Jul 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3436725)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some weeks ago they had it about Canadian wildcards in the Lites category...
Think that only the permanent 6 WRX teams (= 12 drivers) will be there, plus a very few single drivers like Foust, Tohill and Carpentier.
Think to remember that Petter had it about a new teammate from Canada on...
Plus one of the GRC teams...?
Old 22 Jul 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3436765)   #3
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DeJong is going to be there in the Lites I heard but not sure. Isn't Jos Jansen going there also?
Old 23 Jul 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3437004)   #4
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Yeah, understood that JJ will be there as well. Maybe his first chance to make it straight into the Semis...
Old 23 Jul 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3437008)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Think to remember that Petter had it about a new teammate from Canada on...
Will Petter have two cars in Canada? His car looked in a bit of a state at the end of the Mettet weekend and they had to ship to Canada fairly soon after the race, didn't they?
Old 23 Jul 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3437023)   #6
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Will Petter have two cars in Canada? His car looked in a bit of a state at the end of the Mettet weekend and they had to ship to Canada fairly soon after the race, didn't they?
They planned on having two cars at least and to be eligible for manufacture points again.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3437024)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
From my Höljes Day 1 report:

For Sweden and Belgium Hvaal is still part of PSRX for the team championship countings, but from Canada on he shall be replaced by one or different to be named driver(s). Team Principal Petter Solberg stated on Friday morning to the press: “This weekend PSRX is also set to start with two cars for the team championship, but Alexander Hvaal has decided to run his own Rallycross car in the next two races (Höljes and Mettet), after the expected results are missing so far this season. I wish Alex luck, it’s been nice to have him in the team, and it will be interesting to see his further development.”
Old 23 Jul 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3437043)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It would be interesting to see Andrew Comrie-Picard as wildcard.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3437049)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
They planned on having two cars at least and to be eligible for manufacture points again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
From my Höljes Day 1 report:

For Sweden and Belgium Hvaal is still part of PSRX for the team championship countings, but from Canada on he shall be replaced by one or different to be named driver(s). Team Principal Petter Solberg stated on Friday morning to the press: “This weekend PSRX is also set to start with two cars for the team championship, but Alexander Hvaal has decided to run his own Rallycross car in the next two races (Höljes and Mettet), after the expected results are missing so far this season. I wish Alex luck, it’s been nice to have him in the team, and it will be interesting to see his further development.”
Apologies, I don't think my post was very clear. I had read the report concerning the future plans of PSRX, I just wondered if PSRX would have two working cars in Canada.

It was mentioned during the Mettet livestream that the container for Canada was leaving the Tuesday after the Belgium race, so the PSRX mechanics wouldn't have long to fix Solberg's car before it had to go on the ferry. It was suggested that he might use Hvaal's car in Canada whilst his car remained in Europe.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3437055)   #10
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was surprised that Petter didn't ask Derek Tohill to be the second driver at Mettet, he would have had the chance to score points and avoid the fine of only running one car.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3437063)   #11
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
I was surprised that Petter didn't ask Derek Tohill to be the second driver at Mettet, he would have had the chance to score points and avoid the fine of only running one car.
Good point. Wonder if current rules would hinder that... A team must have two cars of the same make and model and one permanent driver, while the second driver can be changed from round to round.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3437127)   #12
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddi, i think all drivers who have signed as permanent can go there. Jos Jansen will also race in Canada for example.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3437151)   #13
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Yeah, why not? But between "can go there" and "will be there" is a difference.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3437352)   #14
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
In one of the articles I read I'm sure part of the deal to sign as a full time driver included the overseas travel, which could make a difference to JJ going.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3437758)   #15
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting entry list, couple of drivers in different cars, wonder how Henning will fair in a more competitive car
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3437792)   #16
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Will be intriguing to see Sverre Isaachsen back in an FIA event. Chuffed Tanner has entered too. Shame no Block with the event being in North America.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3437794)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Link to the entry list for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...-list-revealed

As CS1 says, an interesting move for Henning (I had wondered if he might become the PS RX number 2).

Great to see a Subaru participating in a World Rallycross event. I doubt Subaru USA would fund a World Rallycross program, but I hope their participation wakes Subaru in Europe up to the idea of more official involvement with rallycross (I won't get my hopes up though, as the marketing here is pretty crap!).
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3437797)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Link to the entry list for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...-list-revealed

As CS1 says, an interesting move for Henning (I had wondered if he might become the PS RX number 2).

Great to see a Subaru participating in a World Rallycross event. I doubt Subaru USA would fund a World Rallycross program, but I hope their participation wakes Subaru in Europe up to the idea of more official involvement with rallycross (I won't get my hopes up though, as the marketing here is pretty crap!).
Are Henning and Petter on good terms?

Nice to see Isachsen. So the Subaru is built according to FIA rules.

Shame there are not more GRC drivers like Block, Piquet and specially local driver Arpin.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3437802)   #19
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
No Liam???
Old 25 Jul 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3437820)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
No Liam???
You are right. He's not on the list. Strange.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3437833)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Are Henning and Petter on good terms?
I didn't think there was any issue there? Though perhaps being the second driver in your younger brothers team could be a bit awkward. Maybe Henning is still annoyed about Petter flipping him on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq26G2Qg3Q

Quote:
Nice to see Isachsen. So the Subaru is built according to FIA rules.
I'm not that fussed about Isachsen, but I am glad to see Subaru getting involved. I wonder if both Subaru USA cars are eligible or just the European built car?

Quote:
Shame there are not more GRC drivers like Block, Piquet and specially local driver Arpin.
Agreed on Block, ditto for Arpin and Speed. Glad Piquet Jnr. isn't there to be honest, his performances thus far this year really haven't impressed me. As much as I think he is a bit of a dick, I would like to see Brian Deegan racing at a World Rallycross round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
No Liam???
Oh yeah! I was so distracted by the driver in the other Monster car I hadn't noticed he wasn't on the list. Whats going on there I wonder?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3437838)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
I didn't think there was any issue there? Though perhaps being the second driver in your younger brothers team could be a bit awkward. Maybe Henning is still annoyed about Petter flipping him on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq26G2Qg3Q
I was just wondering.

Quote:
I'm not that fussed about Isachsen, but I am glad to see Subaru getting involved. I wonder if both Subaru USA cars are eligible or just the European built car?
Good question.

Quote:
Agreed on Block, ditto for Arpin and Speed. Glad Piquet Jnr. isn't there to be honest, his performances thus far this year really haven't impressed me. As much as I think he is a bit of a dick, I would like to see Brian Deegan racing at a World Rallycross round.
Piquet is a d*ck and then mention Deegan.
Don't like both.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3437841)   #23
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Following Liam's Facebook I understood he is a father to a Californian baby child now...
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3437848)   #24
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
Baby was born between Sweden and Belgium, hence his flying visit back to the USA, Pat got a lot of stick in Belgium now that he's a grandfather!
Old 25 Jul 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3437900)   #25
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
If Wiman is on the list, couldn't Sandell be there as weil?