Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 2003, 17:08 (Ref:697525)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

[on-topic]
This topic is about Kiesa.
[/on-topic]
Old 24 Aug 2003, 17:12 (Ref:697529)   #27
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's completely to do with the topic - Kiesa's only marker is his team mate - the illustrious Verstappen.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 17:14 (Ref:697530)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
You haven't answered my question yet, Steve.
Leave him alone. His dreams are not to be denigrated. The fact that Jos the Boss is just a poor rhyme doesn't mean we should ................ oh bugger, just keep it up.

BTW Logwrench, there were questions (plural)
Old 24 Aug 2003, 18:11 (Ref:697575)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
Was that the race in which Jos had a "pit stop" which took more than a minute?
Yes, they also had problems with the anti stall system wich caused the car to stall 3 times before they(after resteting the system) could get the car going again.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 18:18 (Ref:697581)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
If Jos Verstappen is so good, why is he driving a Minardi?

Because most teammanager underrate Jos

Why did he leave Benetton?

He was pleaced at Simtek by Flavio te get more experience(stil payed and even sponsored by Beneton, Simtek also used a Benetton gearbox), maybe it would have ended different if Simtek would have driven the whole 95 season.

Why hasn't he just climbed out of a Jaguar Formula One car?
Because he is'nt british, it was very obvious jag wanted to give the seat to a brit.

These 'diff problems' are a killer, aren't they.
indeed, but there also was the pitstop problem Don mentioned.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 18:22 (Ref:697583)   #31
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
here is a nice shot of Jos lapping Nicolas:

Old 24 Aug 2003, 18:29 (Ref:697591)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steve, if this is the pleasure you get out of Formula One, good luck to you mate. I must say, the idea of sitting there, looking through Jos Verstappen encyclopedias to see what minor problem got him beaten by Wilson or anyone else is one that bores me.
Is Jos the only person in F1 worth talking about? I seem to think he isn't under-rated, he is average. If you genuinely beleive that he could take on the likes of Alonso, Raikkonen, Montoya et al you are well wide of the mark my friend. He is just an average middle-of-the-grid nobody. And the reason justin Wilson is at Minardi is that he has a lot of potential, whereas jos has reached the peak of his very limited capabilities. So there.
He won't be in F1 next year though, so this kind of Jos favouritism will dissapear from ten-tenths for good!
Old 24 Aug 2003, 19:14 (Ref:697636)   #33
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Jos and his managment are currently negotiating with several teams, also Jordan(Dutch TV even showed one of Jos his managers and the CEO's of his Dutch sponsors going into the Jordan motorhome) and Sauber.

so he will be in F1 next year, probably at a better team.
Old 24 Aug 2003, 19:54 (Ref:697656)   #34
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What, testing?
Old 24 Aug 2003, 19:59 (Ref:697664)   #35
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
knowlesy> there is really no point in debating with a Verstappenfan. I'm Dutch myself, not impressed with anything Jos has done since december 1993, but still I am surrounded by people who believe he is entitled to anything in F1.

I even had a party at the beginning of the 2002-season, celebrating Jos absence, but he keeps finding ways to claw his way back. This time by coughing up the money, which will be the only way for him to start in 2003. It reminds me of cockroaches, but I take comfort in the knowledge that every F1race he enters, is one more less to go. Is it?
Old 24 Aug 2003, 20:05 (Ref:697668)   #36
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

By the way, Trulli got lapped by his teammate as well, and he is already confirmed for 2004!

And can you guess what Hungaroring-rookie got lapped by his teammate 9 years earlier?
Old 25 Aug 2003, 04:29 (Ref:697913)   #37
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kiesa at least keeps it on the road.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 04:39 (Ref:697914)   #38
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Kiesa at least keeps it on the road.
that is a litlle easier when you go that slow.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 05:43 (Ref:697933)   #39
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
that is a litlle easier when you go that slow.
And he looked like he had a lot of trouble doing that too.

Kiesa's got upside to him but he just ain't ready for this level right now. Give him some time and he can be as "good" as Jos the Boss if not better. Verstappen probably won't get any better but for a pay driver he is not too bad, he just has a bad reputation because fans of a crasher turned Williams championship contender won't let Brazil 01 go.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 12:12 (Ref:698205)   #40
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiesa is too slow.He was lapped by his teammate
Jos Verstappen.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 14:55 (Ref:698339)   #41
Svend
Rookie

Svend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiesa was a lap down without problems, Verstappen a minute down with a whole bunch of problems. Not really a fair comparison NGE.

Another thing, the guy who got lapped 9 years ago did end up in 3rd that race
Old 25 Aug 2003, 15:08 (Ref:698353)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh God. Are you Dutch?

Kiesa is not F1 material so forget him. He's rubbish. His qualifying lap was an embarassment to F1.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 16:28 (Ref:698409)   #43
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Svend

Another thing, the guy who got lapped 9 years ago did end up in 3rd that race
So? How is that an argument against being a lap down to your own teammate?

Having said that, Kiesa is definatly out of his depth. I trully believe even Yoong was quicker, because Alex was compared to likes of Webber and Alonso and did relativly better.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 20:23 (Ref:698616)   #44
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
that is an argument: because Schumacher lapped almost the whole field that race.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 20:29 (Ref:698624)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And the argument continues. Stop the thread. Please.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 21:41 (Ref:698696)   #46
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
that is an argument: because Schumacher lapped almost the whole field that race.
Including his teammate.

Again, whats your point?

He was a rookie at the time? So is Kiesa.
Schumacher was more experienced at the time? Verstappen is far more experienced than that compared to Kiesa.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 21:41 (Ref:698700)   #47
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And the argument continues. Stop the thread. Please.
I know, I know, but ignorance annoys me. It's a true handicap.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 15:10 (Ref:699572)   #48
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

If Jos Verstappen is so good, why is he driving a Minardi?

Because most teammanager underrate Jos

Why did he leave Benetton?
He was pleaced at Simtek by Flavio te get more experience(stil payed and even sponsored by Beneton, Simtek also used a Benetton gearbox), maybe it would have ended different if Simtek would have driven the whole 95 season.

Why hasn't he just climbed out of a Jaguar Formula One car?
Because he is'nt british, it was very obvious jag wanted to give the seat to a brit.

These 'diff problems' are a killer, aren't they.
indeed, but there also was the pitstop problem Don mentioned.
There is a reason most team managers under-rate Jos Verstappen, and that is because they aren't desperate for money. I am really not surprised that he's talking to Jordan. No wait a minute - he was filmed walking in to their motorhome. He must have a contract already.

So Flavio and Benetton paid another team to get rid of Jos Verstappen?! I never knew that. This gets better!

Justin Wilson was around at the beginning of the F1 season looking for a drive, as were I'm sure a whole heap of British drivers with a little time on their hands. If Jaguar wanted a British driver they could have had their pick of any number of British drivers. I think you'll find they wanted a half decent driver with F1 experience. Niki Lauda was busy so they rang old Justin.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 15:12 (Ref:699577)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Um, Who was this thread about?
Old 26 Aug 2003, 15:14 (Ref:699579)   #50
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Who knows?
Closed Thread