Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Aug 2003, 06:41 (Ref:681767)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Les Femmes pour Le Mans

Reported in Autosport this week that Amanda Stretton is set to head "an all female assault on Le Mans next year" that will form part of a terrestrial TV series. Team mates likely to be from North or South America...what price Danica Patrick as one of them?

Last edited by PaulSands; 7 Aug 2003 at 06:41.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 06:55 (Ref:681770)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzane Carveho,Iania Zanazzi?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 07:10 (Ref:681773)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
works for me
Old 7 Aug 2003, 11:42 (Ref:681942)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can any of them drive? That's the only thing that matters, not what they look like with their clothes off.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 11:44 (Ref:681944)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I know Danica Patrick can, despite some of the negative comments flying around about her
Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:02 (Ref:681955)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Can any of them drive? That's the only thing that matters, not what they look like with their clothes off.

Spoilsport.

Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:20 (Ref:681974)   #7
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Amanda Stretton the girl off've that channel five jobbie where you can win restored stuff and kit cars?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:33 (Ref:681987)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I think so..I've never seen it but she does race a Viper in the British GT championship with Annie Templeman (thinks aloud...they weren't at Rockingham last weekend were they???)
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:08 (Ref:682060)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
They've missed the last few rounds- I think there was some speculation on the forum of the GT Championship website that the team had hit budget troubles, but may be back for Spa.

Meanwhile, as was mentioned in the Autosport piece, Amanda Stretton should be driving the Bob Berridge Lola-Judd at the Donington FIASSC round this weekend- her racing background up to this year was mostly historics and ASCAR.

Autosport also suggested that the 'all-female assualt on Le Mans' would start with the LM Tournament race in November, but didn't give any hint of what, or for which team, they'd be driving- unless it's the Berridge Lola again?

Last edited by KA; 7 Aug 2003 at 15:08.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:25 (Ref:682065)   #10
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Claudia Huertgen? She did very well in the couple races she did in the ALMS last year. I'd be amazed if she weren't on the short list of ladies likely to be lapping later this year or next (couldn't think of a way to keep the "L" thing going).

I very much hope this isn't one of those stories that pops up and then nothing ever becomes of it because it could be a surprisingly competitive outfit if they get the right ladies for the job. Claudia, Danica and another woman with equal talent could probably really **** off some guys. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:39 (Ref:682068)   #11
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melanie Paterson?
Milka Duno?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:52 (Ref:682079)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melanie and Claudia would make an excellent team. Both are experienced and are fun to watch.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:56 (Ref:682082)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amanda Stretton, Claudia Hurtgen and Dancia Patrick would be the best all woman team available I think. Although if I had it my way id swap Stretton for Milka Duno, ok Duno hasnt done anything great in her career, but Stretton is even more of a amatuer I think..
Old 7 Aug 2003, 16:13 (Ref:682090)   #14
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of amateurs, what about Jodie Kidd?
She creamed JK (the wannabe racer) on Top Gear, ha ha ha. Quite an attractive package to boot. Can't be bad.
Rusty
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:11 (Ref:682119)   #15
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
I know Danica Patrick can, despite some of the negative comments flying around about her
Do you refer to having her clothes off or to her driving...?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:21 (Ref:682125)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah another racing effort brought to us for a TV show! Hopefully we can vote drivers out and only one will be left for the final stint of the 24 hours.

I suppose it might turn out to be good...

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Aug 2003 at 17:22.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:28 (Ref:682164)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
this is all red rag to my bull - VANINA!!!!!!!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:49 (Ref:682176)   #18
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
better TV shows that give us racing than Pop Stars or f..lippin Big Brother
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:55 (Ref:682180)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
this is all red rag to my bull - VANINA!!!!!!!
Actually I forgot about Vanina although she did very well at the Spa 24hrs in a Labre Viper this year. Her with Dancia Patrick and Claudia Hurtgen would be a great line up. Im not sure who Id rather have driving though, Patrick or Duno? Id say Patrick is faster, but Duno has far more experince. Anyway, I wonder what car they will drive? Stretton makes her LMP debut in a ex Dams Lola Judd b98/10 this weekend at Donnington in the FIA SCC. Isnt that one of the film cars from Le Mans this year? Anyway I doubt theyd use that for the Le mans race in 2004, anyone got any ideas about what car it could be they will use? A Dome Judd perhaps?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:37 (Ref:682205)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I have too say on this subject - is why not it's a good idea, my only grip is that it's not a whole british line up, surly we can find 3 good female british drivers.....
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:50 (Ref:682210)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Good? Yes, International level? No.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:42 (Ref:682256)   #22
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
International level? No.
Why not good - sorry IMO this is a good thing - equal rights for woman and you never know they might spring a suprise......
Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:48 (Ref:682257)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No I didnt mean it like that, u said:"surly we can find 3 good female british drivers....." What I meant is yes we can find 4 good British women drivers, but at International level? No I dont think so, I think we have to look at drivers from other countries as well as our own. As I think other nations have better female drivers.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:52 (Ref:682259)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I would agree with that, but my point was that this is a British project, so why not use british drivers - there are couple of good ones in single seaters at the momment in Kathrine Legge and Susie Soddart.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 21:02 (Ref:682268)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Because with no disrespect to them unless Im mistaken they race in Formula Renault, and have no sportscar experince at all. Sure they are good, in Formula Renault in a 50 minute sprint race, they arent ready for 24hr endurance races. Single seaters is very differnt to sportscar racing. Especially moving from club level Formula Renault to World class level Le Mans racing.

Theres no way they could drive a LMP car competitivly within a year, even if they had non stop testing and race preperation from now to next June. Thats why for the moment I doubt theyd get a drive. Thats also why IMO the team needs experinced International level female drivers. We have only 1 or 2. Paula Cook would be ideal after competing in the Spa 24hrs, and Stretton she hasnt driven in any race longer than 75 minutes so far so I woudnt include her I dont think, but if we had to have another shed be it.

Other than those 2 we have nobody. Thats why we should just have 1 Brit ie Cook along with a couple of experinced Le Mans vetrans and good International racing drivers alongside her to help her and the team learn. This is a new team lets not forget. And if they had the likes of Hurtgen and Duno in the team this would help them. Otherwise all ur doing is sending a inexperinced British GT team out to Le Mans with 1 half decent woman driver and 2 good drivers but inexperinced at International level.

Maybe Im wrong but thats just how I see it. The car and entry would still be British, if not the entire driving line up, but thats no big deal is it? I mean Bentley didnt have this in their winning car after all. Its very rare any country can get together 3 male drivers capable of winning Le Mans. Let alone 3 women drivers capable of doing well. Sorry, I just think ur being a little unrealistic.