Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:08 (Ref:1151760)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Jaguar sold?

Crash.net is reporting that Red Bull have finally done the deal with Ford to buy Jaguar Racing and its place on the 2005 grid.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:10 (Ref:1151762)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good news.

It's been in the pipeline for a while.

The cars are testing in a couple of weeks time.

I wonder who will be behind the wheel?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1151765)   #3
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Klien and Wirdheim are being retained for at least the start of winter testing - after that its anyones guess who'll get the drives!

Great news anyway!

Last edited by Ryo28; 12 Nov 2004 at 17:15.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1151772)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My guess would be Coulthard or Heidfeld in the lead car, and Klien, Wirdheim or Allmendinger (ChampCar rookie of the year, American, Red Bull backed) in the second. In any case, it'd be great to see them staying involved, hoepfully most of the staff would be retained and given more money ot play with. Whatever you think of the drink itself, Red Bull's corporate colours look great on racing cars.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:45 (Ref:1151787)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great having AJ Allmendinger in F1 but I don't feel he has fully blosumed yet.
I can see what you mean and it is certainly a possibility but Bjon Wirdheim would certainly deserve a drive who much longer does the 2003 F3000 CHAMPION have to wait?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1151793)   #6
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would this tempt Liuzzi at all or is he tied to Ferrari/Sauber?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1151797)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Who will supply them with engines? toyota were favourite iirc, but now they (Toyota) are supplying Jordan, will they want to supply a second customer team?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1151806)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If Kevin Kalkhoven is buying Cosworth, perhaps they can continue to supply the team with engines?

Drivers could be any of Coulthard, Klien, Wirdheim, Liuzzi, Allmendinger and Davidson.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1151809)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Townsend Bell finally get his shot.

He's worked hard, raced in europe for many years, with the single minded goal of making it to F1. He had a very good year in the IRL, but his future there is up in the air. His test in Jaguar last year went well, by all accounts, and I believe he still has Red Bull backing.

So cmon Red Bull, bring him on!

More likely though, its DC, and Heidfeld...

Danica Patrick
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:11 (Ref:1151811)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so as KB and Boots like to say there'll be a "son of a Jaguar" after all...
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1151813)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, I just copied it from KB. It's his fault, he came up with it in a break from his serial-killing duties [/obscure Parc Ferme in-joke]

I thought Bell only did one year in Europe, 2003 in F3000 with Arden, although he did do well as a rookie.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1151818)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
following suggestions that a deal has been done to take up Jaguar Racing's entry.
Hang on a minute guys no ones bought anything yet,its still just speculation.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1151868)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not speculation - it's 99.9% there.

What's happening now is that is are being crossed and ts are being dotted.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1151978)   #14
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Red Bull are in charge they'll want Red Bull drivers above any other concern. I would say that it'll be Klien and Liuzzi. Both pretty decent choices, it seems.

DC, Heidfeld, Davidson, etc. wouldn't have much chance, in my opinion. Remember, these are the guys who wanted Sauber to hire Bernoldi over Kimi (!) a few years ago. (Was that when they sold their interest in that team?) Thank the gods they've got some better drivers on their books these days, but I wouldn't trust Red Bull to pick drivers with any better accuracy than drawing names from a hat...
Old 12 Nov 2004, 22:10 (Ref:1151986)   #15
npperk
Rookie

npperk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IF Red Bull are the owners of "son-of-Jaguar", don't expect automatic walk up starts for Red Bull-sponsored drivers. They will have to have what it takes I am sure because Red Bull aren't there to promote their Red Bull-sponsored drivers, they are there to promote Red Bull.

Their driver sponsorship program is doing a good job getting their name out there and promoted, and they may well be happy for that to continue next year. In the end tho, they will want consistantly fast drivers in their cars as that will promote Red Bull much more than just having Red Bull-sponsored drivers in their cars.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1152034)   #16
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As davidson isn't necessarily available, I'd take Coulthard and Heidfeld for the first year. Then after one year sack coulthard and take the best youngish driver available to replace him. Either some of the rookies of the 04 season or a new rookie alltogether.

It sounds a bit like toyota though, and that's not a good thing.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1152057)   #17
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix.com are suggesting the most likely drivers are Klien and Luizzi...not a great pairing on the experience front, is it?
Old 13 Nov 2004, 00:10 (Ref:1152080)   #18
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by npperk
In the end tho, they will want consistantly fast drivers in their cars as that will promote Red Bull much more than just having Red Bull-sponsored drivers in their cars.
I'd like to believe that, but that's not how they've operated up 'til now, is it?
Old 13 Nov 2004, 01:43 (Ref:1152118)   #19
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh yeah just like Yasser was 99.9% dead.I'll believe when I see it.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 01:48 (Ref:1152120)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
But he is dead.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 02:01 (Ref:1152128)   #21
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Oh no he wasn't
Old 13 Nov 2004, 02:40 (Ref:1152140)   #22
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back

What's happening now is that is are being crossed and ts are being dotted.
Anyone who has ever acted in the purchase of a business knows this is still a time when it fall over, ie. when the tyres are being kicked for the last time before the money is committed. Until it's officially announced, it's not done yet.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 11:03 (Ref:1152315)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Either of Coulthard or Heidfeld would be ideal for a new team just getting started. Both would relish the opportunity (assuming one doesn't ge tthe Williams offer) and know all about testing, development, team spirit and PR. One of those alongside a young Red Bull driver (and you can't say Liuzzi isn't up to the job) would be fine.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1152358)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Oh no he wasn't

He was.

It was just a matter of timing the announcement for political reasons.

But that's off topic, and neither here nor there.

Remember who told you first Mika was going to the DTM
Old 13 Nov 2004, 12:05 (Ref:1152360)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who?