Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jan 2002, 11:31 (Ref:199435)   #1
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Price to see a GT40 entered.

I know it would never happen, but with the new GT40 concept car being shown would it not be a dream to see something like this make it's way back to LM??

I watched Oliver at Silverstone last year four wheel drifting in the GT40, just to see this car in action was something else.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 13:22 (Ref:199480)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rose-tinted specs, I fear, Abs! I'm sure many of us would positively drool at the possibility of seeing a real GT40 take part at Le Mans again, but, for obvious reasons, there's no chance of that.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 13:38 (Ref:199488)   #3
Abs
Rookie

Sorry, just incase some of you aren't sure what I am talking about here's the url to the site where you can view the GT40 Concept
car.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/dailynews.htm
Old 16 Jan 2002, 14:55 (Ref:199523)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the current atmosphere within Ford a return to leMans may be in the books. Henry Ford has been vocal about the amount of money Ford is spending in F1 and the lack of success by the Jaguar team. He may see the revitalized GT40 project as a way to revisit one of Ford's most historic winning grounds at la Sarthe. If the GT40 is to become a serious production machine it must contend with the Corvette in America. With Corvette enjoying some success in sports car racing right now, Ford may be feeling left out. I would nto be surprised to see Jaguar be sold or cease to exist if they do not make serious improvements this year to make room for a full fledged factory assault on leMans.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 15:07 (Ref:199528)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the new GT40 was to race at Le Mans, which catogary would it be in, GTS or GT, I would personal like to see it in GTS taking on the Viper's, Saleens and Corvette's, now that would be a site to see in 2003 ! ! !
Old 16 Jan 2002, 15:53 (Ref:199551)   #6
Abs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by KC
With the current atmosphere within Ford a return to leMans may be in the books. Henry Ford has been vocal about the amount of money Ford is spending in F1 and the lack of success by the Jaguar team. He may see the revitalized GT40 project as a way to revisit one of Ford's most historic winning grounds at la Sarthe.

I would nto be surprised to see Jaguar be sold or cease to exist if they do not make serious improvements this year to make room for a full fledged factory assault on leMans.

Hey 2003 would be great if both Ford and Jaguar were to make a comeback, even in different categories!!

Bentley's all out assault, Jag and Ford now that what I call rose tinted glasses!!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 16:55 (Ref:199586)   #7
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys and your links! How am I ever going to get any models built?

5-litre supercharged V-8. hahahahaha. This could really shake up the GT ranks! And you think GM is squeeling about the Saleen! Didn't they already outlaw this car in 1967? and then again in 1971?

Seriously, the GT-40 was one of history's best looking cars. In 1966, it was easy to imagine someday driving down the road in one, and it is nearly about to come true. I just can't invision myself on I-75 in an R-8, but the GT-40 is going to look great cruising to the Florida Keys. But where will I store my scuba tanks?

Even a fat, old guy like me will pick up plenty of chicks in a ride like this one.