Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2624023)   #51
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Details, details...
Old 1 Feb 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2624043)   #52
Lola T92/10
Rookie

United States
Florida
Lola T92/10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are some photos I have taken of the testing/racing at Sebring so far this year. A few shots of the R15 testing are also in there....

http://robmurrayphotography.smugmug....78339490_hzxMg
Old 1 Feb 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2624053)   #53
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a glance I can't see anything drastically different between this years and last years R15. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert though. Also, is that a new livery on the Highcroft Acura I see?
Old 1 Feb 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2624064)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T92/10 View Post
Here are some photos I have taken of the testing/racing at Sebring so far this year. A few shots of the R15 testing are also in there....

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing. I noticed that the Patron car had the 08 spec wing still, so I guess they haven't gotten any updates yet.

also, nice to see that R8 stateside. I hope its a harbinger of things to come.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2624075)   #55
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
also, nice to see that R8 stateside. I hope its a harbinger of things to come.
It most certainly seems to be!

L.P.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2624076)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good pics Lola man...
i wish Audi would run all black livery like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
also, nice to see that R8 stateside....
noticed some impressive names above the door on the R8 as well....
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2624082)   #57
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have any confirmation of what tires the Audi R8GT is running on in those pictures?

I've zoomed in, and can't find any logos for a brand, looks like either Dunlop or Pirelli but in motion, it reminds me a lot of the sidewall logo on the Grand-Am cars (Pirelli)
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2624090)   #58
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This should confuse you even more.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

L.P.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2624092)   #59
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
good pics Lola man...
i wish Audi would run all black livery like that!

noticed some impressive names above the door on the R8 as well....
That's the car that finished 12th at the 24 hrs of nurburgring last year, so it's a gt3 car.

The Audi in black looks really good indeed.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2624093)   #60
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone recognize the helmets in the Audis?
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2624095)   #61
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
From a glance I can't see anything drastically different between this years and last years R15. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert though. Also, is that a new livery on the Highcroft Acura I see?
It may well be essentially last year's car externally. That's Benoit Treluyer at the wheel so we could be seeing a test where getting the new drivers some seat time is a primary objective.

Looking at the R8, I think the names on the door are just left over from a VLN/Nurburgring 24 outing but I'm not 100% positive. The tyres looked like Dunlop to me FWIW.

Interesting to see someone playing with an old Matech Ford GT3...where is that running? Some club series?
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2624097)   #62
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Looking at the R8, I think the names on the door are just left over from a VLN/Nurburgring 24 outing but I'm not 100% positive. The tyres looked like Dunlop to me FWIW.
Interesting...seems like the only change from the way the car looked at the Nürburgring is the removal of the Michelin stickers
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2624104)   #63
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
It may well be essentially last year's car externally. That's Benoit Treluyer at the wheel so we could be seeing a test where getting the new drivers some seat time is a primary objective.

I think this is dead on. The R15 looks like last years car (tail lights, front wing inside the wheel).

I am willing to wager that those are Dunlops on the R8. I am pretty sure that is Frank Biela driving.

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_...ow.php?n=12367

http://www.angerole.com/Photos/Blog%...ela_Helmet.jpg
Old 1 Feb 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2624105)   #64
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Does anyone recognize the helmets in the Audis?
Well in the R8, that looks an awful like Frank's, his nose too...
Old 2 Feb 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2624108)   #65
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is Frank Biela in the R8 GT3, I concur.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2624117)   #66
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, I see that Dyson still has the old wing on. I wonder if there will be any mods on the car for WDWT or if the old Aero pack is still being allowed in the ALMS for 2010?

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2624124)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, I see that Dyson still has the old wing on. I wonder if there will be any mods on the car for WDWT or if the old Aero pack is still being allowed in the ALMS for 2010?

L.P.

I hope IMSA makes the narrow wing the mandatory one for the LMP's this season, but I haven't heard one thing about it. At some point IMSA has to release the equalization formula, don't they?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2624128)   #68
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
At some point IMSA has to release the equalization formula, don't they?

One would frakking hope they do!!

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2624145)   #69
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more goose neck wing on the Audi? Was it deemed illegal?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 02:31 (Ref:2624159)   #70
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
No more goose neck wing on the Audi? Was it deemed illegal?
Huh? I suggest a closer look at the pics so nicely provided by Rob!

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2624163)   #71
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woops!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 03:06 (Ref:2624169)   #72
Lola T92/10
Rookie

United States
Florida
Lola T92/10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post
Anyone have any confirmation of what tires the Audi R8GT is running on in those pictures?

I've zoomed in, and can't find any logos for a brand, looks like either Dunlop or Pirelli but in motion, it reminds me a lot of the sidewall logo on the Grand-Am cars (Pirelli)
Dunlop had two trucks at Sebring during this test....
Old 2 Feb 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2624440)   #73
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T92/10 View Post
Dunlop had two trucks at Sebring during this test....
That is a lot of tires for so few cars. I wonder how many compounds they planned on testing (before rain interfered)
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2624448)   #74
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hey dude .....If I can do a 8000 mile round trip just for Sebring , Im sure you could manage a stroll down the road .

Shame on you !!!
HAHAI hear you man! I make it seem like I am so far away. I didn't actually make it out there yesterday though it was pouring when I got off work and I didn't want to drive and not actually see anything.

So i get off at 4 est if i got there around 5 today will there still be testing going on? I know the weather is supposed to be better today? I will definetly head out there if they are still running.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2624460)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
One would frakking hope they do!!

L.P.
I hope they aren't waiting until after the winter test to see performance and then made the adjustments. I know equalization formulas aren't that easy, but IMSA has a pretty good base of information to go on - the 2008 season. With those numbers and a lot of the same cars still around I think they have a good starting point.