Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2724576)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would be a good way for them to show off the MP4-12C, or use an LMP1 chassis as a test bed for a smaller derivative of the new F1s powerplant.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2724580)   #27
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see these two in in P1 as well as the aforementioned others just as much as anyone. But we must be realistic, especially with all of the uncertainty surrounding P1 regs lately. I say that we be content with the ever expanding gt field where these two are almost certain to meet and see where it goes from there. At least for now.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2724599)   #28
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd put my money on a GT car. They're going after 458s and 911s.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2724603)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
any new ride in the series is great, but a McLeran?! interesting...

we'll wait, as standard.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2724725)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
I'd put my money on a GT car. They're going after 458s and 911s.

It's a shame - I'd much prefer them to set their sights higher.....
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2724727)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think we need two McLaren threads running concurrently.....
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2724951)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's a shame - I'd much prefer them to set their sights higher.....
I would have agreed until recently but GTE is shaping up nicely with the free'er regulations.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2724981)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would be nice to see them work with either a manufacturer or engine builder to develop their new F1 engine for an LMP1 project, although they probably want greater displacement than the rules allow. But it would be a great testbed for the engine, and could be useful if they decide to make a hybrid model. I know, a hybrid F1 just seems wrong but they may have to make a variant to meet some markets.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2724990)   #34
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Would be nice to see them work with either a manufacturer or engine builder to develop their new F1 engine for an LMP1 project, although they probably want greater displacement than the rules allow. But it would be a great testbed for the engine, and could be useful if they decide to make a hybrid model. I know, a hybrid F1 just seems wrong but they may have to make a variant to meet some markets.
all f1 cars will be hybrids next year, KERS is back
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2725114)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sorry, meant the new McLaren F1 (roadcar) they are rumored to be working on building for 2012-2015 sometime. I think they feel the MP4-12C will produce enough sales to drive the production of a new supercar.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 03:17 (Ref:2725200)   #36
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
McLaren in ALMS next year? I know it hasnt been officially confirmed but it makes sense with the MP4-12C aimed at the 458, 911 etc so GT it is. Cant see them doing it with anything else but a factory entry, I doubt if Ron Dennis would accept anything but the best effort. If wonder if Gulf sponsoring AMR in a different class would stop them bringing back an iconic livery to the McLaren stable........

As much as I would love to see them in LMP, I wouldnt be so sure unless Ferrari do something and I'm not convinced that'll happen either unfortunately.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2725296)   #37
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Aston Martin struggling to compete with Audi and the Pugs in LMP I can't see either Ferrari or McLaren risking their reputation in LMP unless they want to produce a diesel. For McLaren to run in GT makes total sense.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2725591)   #38
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
McLaren in ALMS next year? I know it hasnt been officially confirmed but it makes sense with the MP4-12C aimed at the 458, 911 etc so GT it is. Cant see them doing it with anything else but a factory entry, I doubt if Ron Dennis would accept anything but the best effort. If wonder if Gulf sponsoring AMR in a different class would stop them bringing back an iconic livery to the McLaren stable........

As much as I would love to see them in LMP, I wouldnt be so sure unless Ferrari do something and I'm not convinced that'll happen either unfortunately.
The last time Mclaren were in GT racing they went the customer car route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
With Aston Martin struggling to compete with Audi and the Pugs in LMP I can't see either Ferrari or McLaren risking their reputation in LMP unless they want to produce a diesel. For McLaren to run in GT makes total sense.
That's not really a straight comparison considering the origins of the Aston Martin P1 and the cars limited development. 2011 will be the first time Aston Martin competes to their full potential.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2725629)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post

Total sense yes, but disappointing total sense nonetheless........