Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Sep 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3576497)   #151
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Obviously, the easiest solution to avoid this whole mess for next year is just to cancel the round at CotA and go to Mid-Ohio instead. WEC should do the same and go to either Sebring (where all the vips and corral cars can park on the grass instead of on dirt lots at wonderful CotA haha) or Road America.
Logic is for Vulcans, not humans
Old 23 Sep 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3576498)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Obviously, the easiest solution to avoid this whole mess for next year is just to cancel the round at CotA and go to Mid-Ohio instead. WEC should do the same and go to either Sebring (where all the vips and corral cars can park on the grass instead of on dirt lots at wonderful CotA haha) or Road America.
X2
Old 23 Sep 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3576499)   #153
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Well, the paved run-offs are that - run-offs. If you make them the main track, you severely reduce the space cars which lost it have for braking before impact. This is exactly the direction, safety-wise, I never want to see the sports taking, even if there are drivers who don't see an issue with it (probably feeling they're going slow enough so the run-off is enough, I dunno really, but it sends exactly the wrong signal IMO). Personally, I found it a mix of disgusting and bewildering.
I rather doubt CotA would be approved for a Grade 2 circuit on the basis of every corner being one or two gears higher and only having 15' of gravel trap, somehow.

The split you see in rubber for the corner pictured is because some people are apexing it normally and just using the runoff to straighten the exit (as is the most anyone ever does in WEC) while others are exploiting the complete lack of enforcement by early apexing the crap out of it, ignoring the normal tightest radius and making the turn longer so the rubber is visible out there because they're still turning to get back to the track where the shorter lines are already basically straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You won't gain an advantage from the T1 runoff at the Glen in a sportscar. The kerb is way too aggressive.
If there is absolutely no enforcement it can be used in traffic by going wide enough to largely ignore the curb. It's not faster on its own but compared to following a GTD through the apex it would be.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3576811)   #154
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Logic is for Vulcans, not humans
You wouldn't watch it anyway, so why do you care?

Just to bring another view of the race, to me, it was a complete farce. A ridiculous travesty of a race.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 00:07 (Ref:3576819)   #155
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I WOULD watch a non-COTA/Indy USA WEC race in a heartbeat, whatever the venue. Maybe even Indy if it was something different than just another standardized 6 hourer with same exact cars you see every other round. But proper venue, sign me in!

With the US series no I wouldn't watch it at Mid-Ohio either, but I'd still rather have them there knowing that a proper circuit gets some revenue and attention and this awful industrial carpark doesn't
Old 25 Sep 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3576835)   #156
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
I WOULD watch a non-COTA/Indy USA WEC race in a heartbeat, whatever the venue. Maybe even Indy if it was something different than just another standardized 6 hourer with same exact cars you see every other round. But proper venue, sign me in!

With the US series no I wouldn't watch it at Mid-Ohio either, but I'd still rather have them there knowing that a proper circuit gets some revenue and attention and this awful industrial carpark doesn't
Well, you praised Nurb(a track which I detest) quite a lot and still didn't watch it. I remember you saying you only care about Le Mans nowadays, isn't it?!

Maybe you follow F1 too closely nowadays and doesn't have much time left for sportscar
Old 25 Sep 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3576853)   #157
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Well, you praised Nurb(a track which I detest) quite a lot and still didn't watch it. I remember you saying you only care about Le Mans nowadays, isn't it?!

Maybe you follow F1 too closely nowadays and doesn't have much time left for sportscar
I don't think I really praised it as such, more like how much more natural it is compared to much of the rest of WEC calendar. But it's not really a must see event for me as non Grade 1 American track would be, nothing besides LM honestly have been after the demise of ALMS (and ILMC with integrated grids), It's a grey mass

F1 lol

Anyhow this really wasnt about me but the organizer lack of logic in insisting to shove down a product in wrong market, crappy crowds, soulless circuit itself, and not to mention the recurring clashes with local sporting events. While there are literally dozens of better options... well at least with IMSA they have the excuse of trying to play pals with the ACO

Last edited by Deleted; 25 Sep 2015 at 03:11.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 06:20 (Ref:3576883)   #158
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Anyhow this really wasnt about me but the organizer lack of logic in insisting to shove down a product in wrong market, crappy crowds, soulless circuit itself, and not to mention the recurring clashes with local sporting events. While there are literally dozens of better options... well at least with IMSA they have the excuse of trying to play pals with the ACO
Yeah, I know what your point was/is And I agree, everything about COTA is wrong but, as you well said, ACO/FIA disregards reason and logic

Do you still watch Silverstone/Spa on WEC? Also, will you follow Petit Le Mans this year?
Old 25 Sep 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3576998)   #159
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
As much as I'm not a fan of CotA as a racing venue in general, it not true everything about it is wrong.

The track lay out is decent with certainly some really good parts (especially the esses but also the part after that which has proper elevation, T1 has massive elevation but should not have been a tight turn - and T15 thru S/F straight is okay as well) but it's huge tarmac run off areas make it tough to swallow.

Besides that there are many things lacking but it's location isn't one of those, it's right next to the airport and downtown Austin is what, 15-20 mins away (depending on traffic of course).