Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Jun 2016, 04:16 (Ref:3647289)   #101
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you don’t think IMSA plans of BoPing heavily in the new era, .... oh, well. With multiple engines, they will want to make sure each one is exactly as bad as the worst ... Even with four supposedly identical chassis IMSA is going to want to make sure no one gets too good .... adding weight, changing boost and restrictors every time anyone makes progress. “Racing Improves the Inbreeding” is the new slogan.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3647295)   #102
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
GTP's were not BOP'ed. Not this way. There was a power to weight ratio scheme, but it did not change race to race. A turbo Buick would have been treated the same in a March, Lola or Whatever chassis. If the engines were the same capacity, the weight rules (balance) would have been the same across the board. If your Whatever GTP was slower the the March, well, get busy-and not lobbying for legislation, you were working on aero refinement, and engineering, and what not, like getting a different driver.

The times are different. You can run all sorts of performance projections now, and customize all sorts of things to do with performance. I am some old curmudgeon who doesn't see this as an emulation of the sort of wonderful power you have in video games (I am clueless when it comes to referencing something like that, so maybe it is out of line), so yippee. I can't get excited. I hate to think that is the future, but maybe I should just accept it? (apparently someone in Tokyo, Scranton and London can connect on the internet and play racing games in real time-can we enlist the people responsible for that to actually make internet timing and scoring, and video work without glitches? Please?)

Grumpy curmudgeon going off to sulk.
Excellent post.

It's the constant tinkering that bothers me.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 23:36 (Ref:3647548)   #103
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know, I thought the Porsches were give breaks in the GTP class and there were some fiddling.

What they should do is try to make it the all the cars same preseason, bop only 3 time during the season, and when they do, only bop the slower cars up, don't bop ever bop fast cars down.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 05:22 (Ref:3647579)   #104
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should have a set of rules the cars are built to and then leave them alone, let them race and tweak within the rules. Bop in gt racing is one thing, but for proto is dumb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3647764)   #105
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Data from Belle Isle. As usual, GTD extremely close http://nasportscar.com/2016-imsa-data-analysis-detroit/
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3647769)   #106
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
The stream is going worse, i remember how good it was on ALMS days.
HAHAHAHA!! What? Too bad the old ALMS forums are locked out of spite, or I would try to find the threads of people complaining nonstop about the poor quality.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3647779)   #107
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never agree with you on everything except on this, the ALMS/espn3 streaming 2011-2013 was pile of trash in reliability.

The good thing about that TV deal were the couple of races per season that were on ABC (not ESPN2) which, even as edited down programs, did give mainstream coverage for the series. Unlike this FS2 crap. What makes it even worse is that they have the marketing power of NASCAR behind but utilize it to non existent effect, rather they choose to just blackmail teams for more pennies (like the GT3 OEM fees etc)
Old 6 Jun 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3647800)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
epsn3 stream (not speaking of the alms stream) worked perfectly fine and was reliable, if you had access to it. Problem was half the people that wanted to watch, didn't get it, sort of like FS2 now, and had to rely on the duct taped and zip tied alms stream.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 21:09 (Ref:3647803)   #109
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah pretty much speed2 equivalent
Old 6 Jun 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3647814)   #110
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I never agree with you on everything except on this, the ALMS/espn3 streaming 2011-2013 was pile of trash in reliability.

The good thing about that TV deal were the couple of races per season that were on ABC (not ESPN2) which, even as edited down programs, did give mainstream coverage for the series. Unlike this FS2 crap. What makes it even worse is that they have the marketing power of NASCAR behind but utilize it to non existent effect, rather they choose to just blackmail teams for more pennies (like the GT3 OEM fees etc)
Remember the worst pit reporter in history. Tora Kagi!
Old 6 Jun 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3647818)   #111
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Remember the worst pit reporter in history. Tora Kagi!
Lol surprised someone still remembers him.

Also Bill Adam in 2011 was useless
Old 7 Jun 2016, 01:20 (Ref:3647832)   #112
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Man, at this point, just use success ballast and nothing else. At least that is transparent. This is painful trying to glean any semblance of legitimacy in these results.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 01:29 (Ref:3647833)   #113
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Man, at this point, just use success ballast and nothing else. At least that is transparent. This is painful trying to glean any semblance of legitimacy in these results.
This

Transparent for fans and participants, win-win

Scotty wouldn't have to awkwardly lie like in my sig either, everybody would know the "game" and precise consequences of actions. And manufacturers could develop whatever they wanted without sandbag and politics nonsense crap, again knowing the direct outcomes beforehand
Old 8 Jun 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3648178)   #114
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I honestly don't understand why that team dropped Westbrook and Valiante and then thought Goossens would do a better job.
Well it seemed Westbrook probably would have been gone anyway. Stuck with the ever-inconsistent Spirit of Daytona, and lost his Corvette Le Mans seat as well... I'm pretty sure it was the Ford offer that pulled him away.

I do wonder about why they dropped Valiante though. It was said a few times that the team was very Westbrook-oriented in terms of setups and such, yet Valiante pretty much always did a solid job. His drop in the rain at Petit last year was pretty critical, but Rocky did the same thing and given the conditions it could have been anyone really.

I like Goose okay but this isn't the first time I've said "yeah good thing they replaced Valiante with this guy" to myself this season.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3648236)   #115
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Goossens is Riley's 'factory driver' which certainly played a significant part in him having the drive. If VF/SoD goes for a Mazda-Riley DPi next year (which I believe they will), Goossens will probably still be on the driving squad.