Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3674427)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Petit Le Mans

Due to popular request I though I should get a thread up and in place. That being said, I am going to wait a few days to populate all the of usual links.

There are a few additional entries expected, with the headliners for me being the ESM Ligier in Proto and the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari in GTLM. The title fight in proto is realistically just between the to Action Express cars - and whichever car finishes ahead of the other will likely be the champ. History could be made in GTD with Christina Nielsen becoming the first female series champion in IMSA history if she completes her drive time.

Entry List

Schedule

Weather (beautiful)

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Timing

Session Results

FRC

Last edited by joeb; 26 Sep 2016 at 18:37.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3674431)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
As much as I enjoyed last year with the Porsche winning overall. I hope this race goes dry. I hope the Corvette DP wins in its final race. Preferably Action Express or Visit Florida. The WTR has always been my least favorite of the Corvette DP teams mainly because of their ugly black paint job.

Will be cheering for BMW and Ferrari to win GTLM as they have not won at all this year. The endurance format could favor them. We have seen teams win the Petit Le Mans before after having a rough season.

I think GTD could come down to who has the best 3rd driver on the squad perhaps?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3674444)   #3
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
As much as I enjoyed last year with the Porsche winning overall. I hope this race goes dry. I hope the Corvette DP wins in its final race. Preferably Action Express or Visit Florida. The WTR has always been my least favorite of the Corvette DP teams mainly because of their ugly black paint job.

Will be cheering for BMW and Ferrari to win GTLM as they have not won at all this year. The endurance format could favor them. We have seen teams win the Petit Le Mans before after having a rough season.

I think GTD could come down to who has the best 3rd driver on the squad perhaps?
Looks like it could rain on Thursday but very little chance Fri or Sat. I'll be there Friday morning. Looks like I'll miss the MX-5 races since they're on Thursday.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3674452)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's Petit. No one knows what the weather will do. Been dry as hell here lately so unless it floods again, expect large orange dust clouds on the slightest off atm.

No matter what, I'm looking forward to this one very much. I'll be there in time for the first IMSA session on Thursday. And yes, hoping for a full dry session Thursday evening. As I heard someone say, "night practice at PLM is a lot like Christmas morning."
Old 23 Sep 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3674467)   #5
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see what ESM can do. We haven't seen a proper P2 vs DP fight yet on this track.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3674517)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
I want to see what ESM can do. We haven't seen a proper P2 vs DP fight yet on this track.
Likewise! Road Atlanta can be rough and I am a little concerned about P2 fragility vs DP, but just want all entries to make the grid.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3674560)   #7
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'll be there, but just on race day. I hate to be that guy, but after being at COTA last week and seeing the P1s, I'm having a hard time getting excited for it. Although once I get to Road Atlanta I'm always reminded of how much I just love that track in general.

And for the record, the last thing I want to see is a DP win.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3674563)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
DP win in their final race please.

Send them out on top!
Old 23 Sep 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3674580)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I'll be there, but just on race day. I hate to be that guy, but after being at COTA last week and seeing the P1s, I'm having a hard time getting excited for it. Although once I get to Road Atlanta I'm always reminded of how much I just love that track in general.

And for the record, the last thing I want to see is a DP win.
None of this surprises me! Road Atlanta in the fall is one of my favorite places to be. Unfortunately, my other love just so happens to have a big "gathering" happening the same weekend with many old friends coming home, but I'll spend my days at the track.

Safe travels down 85!
Old 23 Sep 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3674589)   #10
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one will also NOT be missing the P-1,s at Road Atlanta

DP or P-2,s winning ? I much prefer the P-2,s GO ESM

Does anyone have the answer as to WHY the WTR is so UGLY ?

Any place for meeting fellow Ten- Tenthers ?

Lastly WHERE is Ten - Tenthers SWAG available at ?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3674593)   #11
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'm planning on bringing a blue canopy down with me and setting it up on the outside of the turn 10 complex. Many of my friends are also tenthers. If there's room to park there (I'll try to get there early) I'll be in my white BRZ. I'd welcome meeting other folks from here, stop by. Once I get things set up I'll try to remember to post our location on here.

Scott
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3674594)   #12
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
None of this surprises me! Road Atlanta in the fall is one of my favorite places to be. Unfortunately, my other love just so happens to have a big "gathering" happening the same weekend with many old friends coming home, but I'll spend my days at the track.

Safe travels down 85!
So wait, you will be at Petit, or not???

Thank you for the safe travel wishes.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3674596)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
So wait, you will be at Petit, or not???

Thank you for the safe travel wishes.
Yes. I'll be there Thursday AM in the normal spot and not tailgating for UT v UGA. The sacrifices one must make!
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3674609)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm planning on bringing a blue canopy down with me and setting it up on the outside of the turn 10 complex. Many of my friends are also tenthers. If there's room to park there (I'll try to get there early) I'll be in my white BRZ. I'd welcome meeting other folks from here, stop by. Once I get things set up I'll try to remember to post our location on here.

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post

Any place for meeting fellow Ten- Tenthers ?

Lastly WHERE is Ten - Tenthers SWAG available at ?

Don't know about swag or any official 10ths meet up as we all kind do our own thing

We've had a Trackside Thread here for a bit.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147584
Getting stale talking to the same folks, so post any meeting or trackside questions there, if you'd like.

I know Scott and some of his crowd. Also, there's another scotty that I believe camps outside of T10 as well.

We camp in T4.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 00:15 (Ref:3674646)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Getting stale talking to the same folks, so post any meeting or trackside questions there, if you'd like.
Glad to hear that
Old 24 Sep 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3674648)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Glad to hear that

I can only take so many haircut jokes and dish out some many Mazda ones.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 00:41 (Ref:3674652)   #17
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Glad to hear that
Joeb - Thanks for getting the thread going! I had something really
important to say and when I started doing the research I got myself
really confused at what I was looking at, mainly with points , standings,
stuff like that. Anyhow I will figure out this weekend I hope.

Vicious crash in ARCA just now- Sarah Ching is ok thank goodness.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3674668)   #18
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:

Scott
I'll be there in 10 too. Last year they let us put up the canopies right on the fence at the bottom of the viewing area. Hoping we can do that again this year.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3674696)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I'll be there in 10 too. Last year they let us put up the canopies right on the fence at the bottom of the viewing area. Hoping we can do that again this year.
There's two different feelings on this but I've preferred Sebring's walking path next to the track over attempting to find a spot between/over/around a solid row of canopies to few multiple sections of the track at Road Atlanta.

From the track website:

http://www.roadatlanta.com/track-inf...ourtesy-policy
Canopy Courtesy Policy

Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted if they block the direct view of the track from any designated hospitality area.
Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted to remain overnight.
Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted to be connected to any fencing.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies ARE permitted in designated areas.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted on the top 10 rows of the Terrace Seating area.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted to remain overnight.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted to be connected to any fencing.
Please be respectful of your surrounding neighbors.
If a fan is watching the race, do not install a canopy in front of them.

Thank You,
Road Atlanta Management and EKG Security
Old 24 Sep 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3674704)   #20
BullMan
Veteran

Maybe with the rain they didn't care last year? I had never brought a canopy before then. I actually went to WalMart Friday night and bought one, drove back to the track, put it up, then went back home.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3674714)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rain is certainly a game changer. Mother nature claimed 50% of ours last year.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3674726)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
IMSA’s Petit Le Mans entry list features usual bevy of guest stars

Prototype

* Simon Pagenaud, #31 AXR Corvette
* Spencer Pigot, #55 / 70 Mazda
* Ryan Hunter-Reay, #90 Visit Florida Corvette
* Olivier Pla, #60 Michael Shank Ligier
* Filipe Albuquerque, #5 AXR Corvette
* Max Angelelli, #10 Taylor Corvette

GTLM

* Sebastien Bourdais, #66 Ford GT
* Scott Dixon, #67 Ford GT
* Mike Rockenfeller, #3 Corvette C7.R
* Marcel Fässler, #4 Corvette C7.R
* Augusto Farfus, #25 BMW M6
* Kuno Wittmer, #100 BMW M6
* James Calado, #62 Risi Ferrari 488
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3674733)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How's the P2-DP BoP changed since Sebring, can anyone give me an overview. Though I guess they still have time to change it again. Whatever artificial max number of adjustments they came up with surely can be broken on the grounds of "fairness", even if it was already reached (?)

nm:

Onroak: -10kg + boost mod
Lola: +25kg, +1mm refuel restrictor + boost mod
Deltawing: -10kg + boost mod

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Sep 2016 at 14:43.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3674753)   #24
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
From the track website:

http://www.roadatlanta.com/track-inf...ourtesy-policy
Canopy Courtesy Policy

Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted if they block the direct view of the track from any designated hospitality area.
Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted to remain overnight.
Spectator Hill - Canopies are NOT permitted to be connected to any fencing.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies ARE permitted in designated areas.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted on the top 10 rows of the Terrace Seating area.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted to remain overnight.
Turn 9-10a - Canopies are NOT permitted to be connected to any fencing.
Please be respectful of your surrounding neighbors.
If a fan is watching the race, do not install a canopy in front of them.

Thank You,
Road Atlanta Management and EKG Security
So I can set up a canopy on the outside of turn 10 at the very top of the seating area, right behind the last row, right?
Old 24 Sep 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3674755)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
So I can set up a canopy on the outside of turn 10 at the very top of the seating area, right behind the last row, right?
Ha! I guess so. "Courtesy" policy so it's seems it's loosely enforced.