Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3850620)   #1201
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest, that's pretty standard. You don't invite staff into briefings who will be leaving soon. Most companies that deal with technology put staff straight onto gardening leaving rather than just stop inviting them to meetings. In California where you have this rotating door of top software engineers between Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc, the same set of engineers are always getting forced time off as they move company every few years.

F1 drivers are an odd one out in that you can't do that. I think even in my work, and I'm bottom rung, I'd get gardening leaving if I was moving to a competitor. I certainly wouldn't be in technical meetings.

DNFs and technical problems are a RBR speciality anyway. Dan will get plenty of those, but so will Max.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3850627)   #1202
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... when will the DNF’s for Mr Ricciardo begin to pile up?
I'm so confused.

I thought they already had begun at Bahrain.....

And seriously, there have been 10 DNFs for Red Bull this year already.

Last edited by jimclark; 16 Sep 2018 at 13:04.

jimclark
Old 16 Sep 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3850631)   #1203
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
To be honest, that's pretty standard. You don't invite staff into briefings who will be leaving soon. Most companies that deal with technology put staff straight onto gardening leaving rather than just stop inviting them to meetings. In California where you have this rotating door of top software engineers between Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc, the same set of engineers are always getting forced time off as they move company every few years.

F1 drivers are an odd one out in that you can't do that. I think even in my work, and I'm bottom rung, I'd get gardening leaving if I was moving to a competitor. I certainly wouldn't be in technical meetings.

DNFs and technical problems are a RBR speciality anyway. Dan will get plenty of those, but so will Max.
x2

jimclark
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3850810)   #1204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

True enough, and it likely goes some way to explaining the performance gap in Singapore....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Sep 2018, 23:44 (Ref:3850874)   #1205
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
True enough, and it likely goes some way to explaining the performance gap in Singapore....
Performance gap? 2nd and 6th (coincidentally, 'top 6 'same order as qually) ain't a huge performance gap to me....dang close as far as I'm concerned.

jimclark