Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Nov 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3783131)   #126
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait for the protest...the aerial showed Lowndes car tapping the left rear qtr of Scotts car...the steering could have been on the way out by then...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3783132)   #127
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was Scott's to lose.

Congrats to Whincup on #7.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3783133)   #128
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why are the other Holdens just moving over to let Mr McLaughlin thru??
I was wondering that too.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3783134)   #129
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why are the other Holdens just moving over to let Mr McLaughlin thru??
I doubt the former HRT would be ecstatic that the current HRT would win.

Congrats to Jamie, but geez...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3783135)   #130
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow wow wow wow wow

I'm living in the UK so didn't catch the full race, but did quickly read the highlights on Speedcafe when I woke up, and caught the last 15 mins. Frankly I didn't bother getting up early because it was meant to be a done deal for McLaughlin.

Boy was I wrong. I couldn't watch the last 5 laps, had to put the phone down.

(1) PLP for both Shell cars - did they have their limiters set any differently to other tracks? Cue the Holden / T8 / Dane conspiracy theorists - Dr Story claims their data shows no more than 40 km/h.

(2) McLaughlin / Lowndes clash and subsequent penalty - no doubt the stewards would have been under immense pressure to make a decision quickly so the championship wasn't under a cloud, but that did seem a little too hasty!

I don't feel this is done, although I don't know enough about Roger Penske's mindset / racing ethos to know whether he will be likely to approve an appeal by his team.

In the off season, T8 really need to sort out SVG. Far too mistake prone this year, and with an attitude problem to boot. Car speed has obviously suffered this year with the loss of Ludo and resourced stretched onto the ZB program as well.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3783136)   #131
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
I guess noone wants to get caught up in a championship deciding clash, when they're not a championship player.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3783137)   #132
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
Why not? Most of them aren't even sponsored by Holden (at all).
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3783138)   #133
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I don't feel this is done, although I don't know enough about Roger Penske's mindset / racing ethos to know whether he will be likely to approve an appeal by his team.
Mr. Power has made a habit of being fast but throwing away championships time after time. Hopefully Mr. McLaughlin doesn't pick up the same habit!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3783139)   #134
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:

A coal loader headed to its filling point, to take our coal product overseas for valuable export dollars, and jobs tgat come from it.

They have been in & out of the harbour behind the main straight all weekend
Yes, between the cargo ships and the ciggies in the murky fountain, it does spoil the "Monaco in Australia" theme they otherwise nearly nailed.

Still spectacular though! Just some minor details for the local council to micromanage next time

Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3783140)   #135
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Wow wow wow wow wow

I'm living in the UK so didn't catch the full race, but did quickly read the highlights on Speedcafe when I woke up, and caught the last 15 mins. Frankly I didn't bother getting up early because it was meant to be a done deal for McLaughlin.

Boy was I wrong. I couldn't watch the last 5 laps, had to put the phone down.

(1) PLP for both Shell cars - did they have their limiters set any differently to other tracks? Cue the Holden / T8 / Dane conspiracy theorists - Dr Story claims their data shows no more than 40 km/h.

(2) McLaughlin / Lowndes clash and subsequent penalty - no doubt the stewards would have been under immense pressure to make a decision quickly so the championship wasn't under a cloud, but that did seem a little too hasty!

In the off season, T8 really need to sort out SVG. Far too mistake prone this year, and with an attitude problem to boot. Car speed has obviously suffered this year with the loss of Ludo and resourced stretched onto the ZB program as well.
Actually, It is Race Control , not the stewards who make the decision. The race director and Clerk Of Course have that power.
If they believe it warrants more then it is sent to the stewards.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3783142)   #136
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Jamie, job well done,
Scotty , just have to go around again.

I hope DJR Penske, accept it and move on, no appeal.

You might not like it butt

I still have doubts on race control ,
would have could have , did driver try to enforce error

Looking forward to 2018
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3783144)   #137
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schenken and co have their dream come true today.

They get to influence the outcome of the championship.

No doubt Scott deserved the first two penalties but the third? The speed in which they made the decision would suggest having to make a quick decision rather than a fair decision.

However congratulations to Whincup and RBRA. Jamie did what he had to do today.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:30 (Ref:3783145)   #138
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Like the video ref never influenced the outcome of a game before.........
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3783146)   #139
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Actually, It is Race Control , not the stewards who make the decision. The race director and Clerk Of Course have that power.

If they believe it warrants more then it is sent to the stewards.

Neither the race director nor the clerk of course make the decision. Be worth you reading the supercar ops manual to check out how it actually works.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3783147)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They might want to clean that fountain out before next year.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3783148)   #141
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was McLaughlin's to lose, and he did. But I'm still very dubious of the plp for the speeding in the pits, even more given the later telemetry and vision.

The hit on Simona was just careless, and the clash with Lowndes an act of desperation.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3783149)   #142
Umai Naa
Veteran

He probably would have gotten pinged for the move on Moffat anyway.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3783152)   #143
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They may have been ok if the wall didn’t step out at that point
Old 26 Nov 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3783155)   #144
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Wait for the protest...the aerial showed Lowndes car tapping the left rear qtr of Scotts car...the steering could have been on the way out by then...
I don't think they can protest?

When Triple 8 protested the time penalty given to Whincup towards the end at Bathurst last year, weren't they told eventually that a penalty awarded in the race was un-appeallable (or a word to that effect)?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3783156)   #145
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Whincup. Consistency is the key to championships and finishing every race helps. The old bull v's young bull.
Looks like Bathurst played a pivotal role.

Well done Scotty Mac on a steller year.
Use it as motivation and come back tougher and stronger next year.

I'd hate to be Craig Baird today.
I bet when the 'incident' happened, he wished he was anywhere except at a race track!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3783158)   #146
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been so happy in waking up at 5 a.m. and watching an amazing race like this morning's one.

Well done for Jamie, this could have been his last chance to win a title and he took it. He is not as young as Scotty or SVG, but still a great champion. He won by experience and smartness.

Scotty has tried everything to lose this title and he did it. But he will have new chances, starting from next year. We don't have to limit ourselves to Race 26 because Scotty had various penalties during this year (Adelaide, Phillip Island, Eastern Creek), he didn't lose the title just because of today's race, despite he would have absolutely deserve it anyway.

Supercars is still a fantastic championship, I love it more and more! Thanks Aussies for this great show!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3783160)   #147
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I don't think they can protest?

When Triple 8 protested the time penalty given to Whincup towards the end at Bathurst last year, weren't they told eventually that a penalty awarded in the race was un-appeallable (or a word to that effect)?
Roland Dane has since admitted the whole thing was a bit unsavoury, but the rules were unclear so they went for it. IIRC it was cleaned up in this years rules & regulations manual.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3783161)   #148
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The turning point was when Mr McLaughlin turned SdS around...
It put him back in the back end, around the desperados, and people who are leaving & aren’t sonfussed about leaving room.

A shame for DJRTP, they can enjoy pit box one next year in celebration of their sparkling team performance
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3783163)   #149
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
Scotty has tried everything to lose this title and he did it. But he will have new chances, starting from next year. We don't have to limit ourselves to Race 26 because Scotty had various penalties during this year (Adelaide, Phillip Island, Eastern Creek), he didn't lose the title just because of today's race.
Agree, McLaughlin / DJRTP dropped the ball on a couple of occasions. Whincup and 888 while not as fast overall, made fewer errors, that comes from experience.

A stat I didn't here mentioned was that going into this year both teams were tied on seven championships (DJR 81, 82, 84, 88, 89, 95, 10), (888 08, 09, 11-14, 16). Today's result sees 888 move clear with eight.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3783164)   #150
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods