Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:07 (Ref:230668)   #1
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A New Name For The CSCC!

Motorsport News announces that the CSCC (Classic Saloon Car Club) is now to be known as the CTCRC (Classic Touring Car Racing Club). Support from Dunlop continues, while there are a series of changes to include a larger variety of machines.

The website advertised - www.classictouringcars.com currently links back to the www.csccgb.co.uk page. Full details of the changes can be found there!!
Old 8 Mar 2002, 14:55 (Ref:230887)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's right Andy.

I was going to post my thoughts on this but I'm afraid I want to race with them this year.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 12:48 (Ref:231644)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They can call it what they want, its still the CSCC to the fans.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 14:00 (Ref:233565)   #4
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The change of name was decided in order to reflect the clubs sole interest which is motorsport. We never have dealt with classic car rallies and so forth so it seemed logical to define our activity better. CSCC of GB Ltd is still the Co name but we will "trade as" Classic Touring Car Racing Club from here on. Rest assured that the quality of the racing and friendly atmos will remain as before!

Chris G - CTCRC Website Editor
(the abbreviation is still a bloody handful though!)
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:02 (Ref:234497)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Chris,

I understood that to be the case but how come the HSCC is a racing club but doesn't have "racing" in it's title? You could also quote the VSCC, MGCC or HGPCA.

Food for thought, even if it is a done deal. Allso don't forget the Racing Saloon Car Club is a bit quiet these days.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 05:04 (Ref:240595)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not to be confused with the CRTC, or the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (a govt agency that makes sure that there is enough Can. content etc)

I actually popped in because I saw your name Peter.
The other day I had a digital camera to take some pictures of my son's hockey class, and driving past this abandoned looking lot, I snapped another shot of this yellow Capri that has not budged an inch since last year when I read about your cars' paint scheme and posted a shot of this one. It is still the only Capri that I have seen in all the years that I have lived in Montreal, and it certainly doesn't seem to be going anywhere. If only teleportation was a reality, you could probably get an entire spare car for pocket change!

good luck with your Capri if you get it out onto the track this season.

djb
Attached Thumbnails
oldcapri.jpg  
Old 22 Mar 2002, 08:21 (Ref:241396)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's a Mk2. Apart from the snow, the bit of bodywork we can see looks ok.

My car was due to be out at Thruxton this weekend but due to a failure by one supplier its not ready, so I'm entered in the Mallory Park round on 7th April. Hopefully my job won't get in the way.

The colours are different now, but I'll let you all wait until we get a pic on the website.

Cheers

BTW. Aren't there any Championships where this car could race?