Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Which rookies belong? (you can choose more than one)
Sebastien Bourdais 29 76.32%
Mario Haberfeld 28 73.68%
Darren Manning 30 78.95%
Tiago Monteiro 20 52.63%
Ryan Hunter-Reay 23 60.53%
Patrick Lemarie 6 15.79%
Joel Camathias 6 15.79%
Rodolfo Lavin 7 18.42%
Alex Yoong 12 31.58%
Geoff Boss 2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jun 2003, 23:32 (Ref:635020)   #1
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who belongs in CART, and who should go back to karts?

With almost half the season over, and a whole host of rookies have taken part in this year's events, who do you beleive truly deserves a ride in CART?
Old 18 Jun 2003, 00:07 (Ref:635041)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good topic, these are the ones that I think really deserve rides:

Bourdais (duh...)
Haberfeld (faster every race, and I like his aggresiveness)
Manning (also improving every race, would be a front runner in a Lola)
Hunter-Reay (same reasons as Manning)
Yoong (by far the best of the Coyne drivers thus far...even if he did have a few crashes, when he did finish it would be in the points. He deserves a ride!)
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:30 (Ref:635103)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't vote for the following, but they probably deserve a chance to prove themselves. Despite being WAY off the pace Boss hasn't had much of a shot yet. Lemarie was slow, but we've now seen how slow Herta the king of laguna was with the same car. We don't know how Lamarie was doing...
Old 18 Jun 2003, 14:26 (Ref:635567)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point Snrub, but Herta hadn't been in an open wheeler on a road course for over 18 months. Boss certainly deserves another chance, although I slammed him at Laguna.

Impressive though Manning is, will the person who feels that he belongs and Bourdais doesn't pelase explain him/herself

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 18 Jun 2003 at 14:27.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 00:06 (Ref:637152)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais is a geek.-All I have to do is look at the results on my Fantasy Racing Team to tell who is the anchor and who is the sail.

Bourdais needs another year to find his feet. Manning will have it knocked by the end of the season. And I like Rodolfo Lavin and think he will be a force by next season. Hunter-Reay should have stayed in Atlantics another year. Johansen would be faster if he took the car out himself!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 00:31 (Ref:637158)   #6
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais should be in F1.

Manning and Haberfeld seemed to have settled in nicely, so good for them. Though have to say Manning is more impressive since he is doing it without a real teammate.

Monteiro will never move past midfield.

Coyne might have better luck running his drivers in Barber Dodge instead.

All I along I have said Hunter-Reay should have stayed in Atlantics for another year.

Lavin should be in the IRL, the guy can only turn left. He sucked in Lights and Atlantics for years, the only way he is going to be a "force" is if he actually goes fast enough to start taking out chunks of concrete where he crashes. Then I am not an anti-American "journalist" so I wouldn't know anything about that.

Last edited by corkholio; 20 Jun 2003 at 00:33.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 00:50 (Ref:637162)   #7
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Bourdais is a geek.-All I have to do is look at the results on my Fantasy Racing Team to tell who is the anchor and who is the sail.
What? I don't get this. I find this horribly confusing. What are you talking about? I have an uncontrollable urge to go sailing now...
Old 20 Jun 2003, 01:30 (Ref:637180)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boss, Camathias and Lavin are the only ones that I'd lean towards saying they don't 'belong' but in all three cases, there is definantly more pace to come. Lemarie is marginal, as is Yoong, but I feel both are just good enough to be lower midfield. The rest definantly belong.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 01:31 (Ref:637181)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good poll, BTW.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 22:52 (Ref:638078)   #10
Apexx
Rookie

Apexx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Bourdais, he came up to speed very quickly and shook up lots of veterans! I think the team may have reigned him in a bit.

Haberfeld has impressed as of late.

Manning was great in the booth during the race coverage. He sounds like a veteran already. Great level of confidence.

Hunter-Reay needs to stay for the domestic market. He truly needs to pick up his pace though.

I like the multiple choice on this poll!!
Old 21 Jun 2003, 06:51 (Ref:638222)   #11
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the above...I'm just not too impressed with the new guys.