Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: So... which pairing is going to win?
#1 Courtney/McConville - HRT Commodore 2 1.82%
#2 Tander/Percat - HRT Commodore 8 7.27%
#3 D'Alberto/Wood - TDR Falcon 0 0%
#4 A.Davison/Brabham - SBR Falcon 1 0.91%
#5 Winterbottom/Richards - FPR Falcon 9 8.18%
#6 W.Davison/Youlden - FPR Falcon 2 1.82%
#7 T.Kelly/Russell - KR Commodore 0 0%
#8 Bright/Jones - BJR Commodore 4 3.64%
#9 van Gisbergen/McIntyre - SBR Falcon 21 19.09%
#11 Murphy/Simonsen - KR Commodore 2 1.82%
#12 Fiore/Patrizi - FFF Falcon 0 0%
#14 Bargwanna/Price - BJR Commodore 0 0%
#15 R.Kelly/O.Kelly - KR Commodore 0 0%
#16 Reynolds/Blanchard - KR Commodore 1 0.91%
#17 Johnson/Besnard - DJR Falcon 8 7.27%
#18 Moffat/Halliday - DJR Falcon 0 0%
#19 Webb/Lyons - Tekno Falcon 0 0%
#21 Reindler/Wall - BJR Commodore 0 0%
#30 Luff/Pretty - LDM Commodore 0 0%
#33 Holdsworth/Ritter - GRM Commodore 1 0.91%
#34 Caruso/Marshall - GRM Commodore 0 0%
#200 Ingall/Perkins - PMM Commodore 2 1.82%
#47 Slade/Gaunt - SBR Falcon 0 0%
#49 Owen/Morris - PMM Commodore 0 0%
#55 Dumbrell/Canto - FPR Falcon 0 0%
#61 Coulthard/Baird - HRT Commodore 0 0%
#77 Denyer/Waters - KR Commodore 1 0.91%
#88 Whincup/Thompson - 888 Commodore 7 6.36%
#888 Lowndes/Skaife - 888 Commodore 41 37.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2970754)   #426
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Was listening to race control, team radio and #7, when that happen, head nearly exploded. Dunno how Cromley does it.

Safety car seem to have the best radio protocol, always identifying themselves.
Mr Crompton has at least 2 other people in the team that earwig on the radios across the spectrum, and pass notes via computer as to what's happening... so it helps.. but doesnt cure the challenge of lots of noise all at once, combined with irrelevant information, frustration, whinging, swearing etc... a busy place to be.

It was interesting to see how long it took to identify the DJR car in the incident. The on track commentary seemed convinced it was a Jack Daniels car for a while.. watching over a team's shoulder on a laptop screen, it was clearly the #17 car... which was confirmed by the Natsoft timing stopping solid for that car.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Oct 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2971664)   #427
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somebody call a doctor

Mr McKay actually has some positive things to say about the V8s..........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 15 Oct 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2971691)   #428
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Plus some acidic barbs... so not all perfect, but its a start...
Old 15 Oct 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2971711)   #429
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
from the Bathurst weekend.

Interesting to learn that the HRT Aurora V8 eats 0.5l/100km of Mobil 1's finest...
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:33 (Ref:2972357)   #430
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Plus some acidic barbs... so not all perfect, but its a start...
Have they got his grandkids hostage?
Old 19 Oct 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2974055)   #431
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Crompton has at least 2 other people in the team that earwig on the radios across the spectrum, and pass notes via computer as to what's happening... so it helps.. but doesnt cure the challenge of lots of noise all at once, combined with irrelevant information, frustration, whinging, swearing etc... a busy place to be.

It was interesting to see how long it took to identify the DJR car in the incident. The on track commentary seemed convinced it was a Jack Daniels car for a while.. watching over a team's shoulder on a laptop screen, it was clearly the #17 car... which was confirmed by the Natsoft timing stopping solid for that car.
Any Idea on the cause of the fire??
V8 Extra were asking veiwers if anyone was "on the spot" and saw how the fire started.
Simple logic says that it must have been a hot component OR the backfire of another car going past.

Any other ideas?

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 19 Oct 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2974077)   #432
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The fire didnt come originate from the car did it? I thought the flames began fron the lowest point of the fuel spill on the road.

Perhaps a piece of hot metal from the exhaust landed there, and when the fuel spilled down that far, it just ignited?
Old 20 Oct 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2974078)   #433
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The incredible thing about the footage of that accident was that if you look closely there is fuel splashed all over the camera lens.

Apparently the cameraman was taken to hospital with fuel all over him.

Could have been so much worse had that fuel fire flashed onto him as well.

From one of the angles, you can see him aim the camera at the burning wreck first, then climb down the ladder........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 20 Oct 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2974104)   #434
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would've been a mixture of fuel and water in the tyre bundles after all the rain up there.

Getting fuel sprayed on you isn't fun and neither is being hit by stagnant old water either.

Don't forget the fire marshals would've also copped it and they then went to put the fire out possibly while covered in fuel??
Old 20 Oct 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2974105)   #435
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Incident...

It looks like water on the camera lens... E85 is more slimy than that...