Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:03 (Ref:2767586)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DJR have new financial partner.

This should end some of the BS that has been posted about DJR on this site
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/10/...o-mining-boss/
Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:23 (Ref:2767591)   #2
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What it does prove is that DJ was in fact a 50% owner and not just a figure head as suggested.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2767593)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic news. Stability for DJR. The posts in the locked thread got a bit out of hand with various posters making various remarks about various other posters.....politics and other crap that no one really needed.

Sources....To you, only thanks on delivering a set of facts that actually occured to an absolute tee. No spite was meant towards DJR. It was just delving for the truth. The truth is out there if you dig hard enough.

To Charlie: Well done. You are a saviour to DJR fans. You arrived when the team was in it's darkest hours.

To Nathan Winkler: Lots of sporting investment suggest passion in the properties. Well done to you too. Bathurst could be damn awesome for you. The Moutain is calling!!
Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:58 (Ref:2767600)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big couple of weeks for Nathan Tinkler.

Purchasing the Newcastle Jets and half of DJR is very impressive.

Room for some cross promotional activites between the two sports.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 05:20 (Ref:2767601)   #5
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Big couple of weeks for Nathan Tinkler.

Purchasing the Newcastle Jets and half of DJR is very impressive.

Room for some cross promotional activites between the two sports.
All the best for DJR....I just hope DJR dont get burnt like before eg Westpoint but Tinkler is no Eddy Groves.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 06:43 (Ref:2767611)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah but also hope he doesn't go too far too quickly ala Mr Tzvetkoff
Old 1 Oct 2010, 07:21 (Ref:2767617)   #7
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see. Hope they go well DJR deserve to.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 07:26 (Ref:2767621)   #8
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
yeah but also hope he doesn't go too far too quickly ala Mr Tzvetkoff
He has been around for a while (despite his young age), and with his money in minerals rather than the internet one would think it is just a tad more stable
Old 1 Oct 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2767641)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Yeah - exactly Yap.

He's not like some of the other "dudes with money" who were actually "dudes with other people's money".

The dollars are real, make no mistake. He can be a demanding partner at times (do a google search & you'll find a number of items about him disagreeing with business partners or suppliers) but I've yet to meet a successful, driven person who hasn't got that in them.

Good for Dick and his team - all the best to them and good to see DJ being more than a figurehead.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2767644)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wow, GTR, come on, we eagerly wait your response.

Good new for DJR still as axeman said hope its for real and not a house of cards,
Old 1 Oct 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2767672)   #11
marty71
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
marty71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR where are you,Dick owned nothing,Charlie had majority share.Please don't tell me the famous "powder room is picking the roosters on sunday"
Old 1 Oct 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2767991)   #12
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty71 View Post
GTR where are you,Dick owned nothing,Charlie had majority share.Please don't tell me the famous "powder room is picking the roosters on sunday"

Just goes to prove that some around here who seem to have it in for the Johnson family are FULL OF CRAP.

Figurehead, owns nothing, yeah right .
Old 2 Oct 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2768001)   #13
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To question is not criticism.

A very sudden (to me) departure by Mr Fork Lifts suggests the powder room has been unsettled.

Good luck to Dick & DJR on the mountain.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 08:01 (Ref:2768057)   #14
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the sudden departure of Charlie suggests to me that DJR is struggling to be a viable commercial proposition, and Charlie knew to get out before being dragged under.
Tinkler on the other hand has the pocket money to keep the budget shortfall topped up nicely, but if he does he will surely push DJ out of the picture (Takeovers 101, loans for shares).
Old 2 Oct 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2768074)   #15
Fast Ford
Rookie

Australia
The Pub
Fast Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Yes, the sudden departure of Charlie suggests to me that DJR is struggling to be a viable commercial proposition, and Charlie knew to get out before being dragged under.
Tinkler on the other hand has the pocket money to keep the budget shortfall topped up nicely, but if he does he will surely push DJ out of the picture (Takeovers 101, loans for shares).

Actually quite the opposite, it shows that maybe Charlie, an astute business man, needs to devote a lot more time to his forklift business, and that his intertests in DJR are maybe consuming too much of both his time and resources which have gone a long way to helping the team come from the Westpoint days to where they are now, I suspect that charlie has had a ball as team owner and that an offer he couldn't refuse has been what has dragged him away . I also suspect that he will remain in close contact with the team. I really don't know how these continual guesses about DJR struggling can be justified by one very good business man selling to another very good business man, and the team remaining near the top of the field all season, it just doesn't make any sense, nor does the insane idea that you're purporting that this is some kind of takeover fo Dicks share ? where do you get that BS and why keep the BS going??

Old 2 Oct 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2768192)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I recall, Charlie S. had never intended himself to be a long term owner for decades.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2768402)   #17
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO I think that Stevens association with Nathan may have been the catalyst that introduced Nathan to Charlie Dick and DJR and perhaps Nathan agreed to the purchase as long as Steven was part of the package (as we recently heard Steven had his contract renewed with the team) - with the reported amount of money that he has he could run the team un sponsored and would hardly miss the loose change that it would require - the best of luck to DJR , true Aussies taking it up to the foreign owners
Old 3 Oct 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2768470)   #18
Neil Hart
Rookie

Australia
Fitzroy
Neil Hart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like ol' Dick has found himself another saviour

30 years since the general public bailed him out, Doug Jacobi from Ford Parts, Ross Palmer and a few others, then Cattach got the job of GM after Shell thought DJR wouldnt survive the season, then they got into bed with Chalker and later Westpoint, went belly up, phoenixed with Charlie the latest saviour, now laying their head down with Tinkler

As was said earlier in this chat thread, Tinkler has taken just about everyone he has ever done business with to court for misstatement or misrepresentation or both. Chances of that happening here will be pretty high. Especially when he is asked to write cheques to keep the place ticking over, despite the sponsors on board.

Maybe Davidson dodged a bullet not signing here?

Where is GTRMagic? He seems to know more than most on the subject.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2768552)   #19
Fast Ford
Rookie

Australia
The Pub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hart View Post

Thats funny, he doesn't seem to get any of his so called stories about DJR right, in my personal opinion, he just makes it up as he goes along.

I've just spent the last couple of days reading back on this forum on stories about DJR and so far in every thread he has been shown up in some way or another and then whom ever had the goods (the historically correct version now with hindsight) seems to have been banned and even though what they have said remains in quotes, their posts have also been removed. Obviously someone does not take kindly to being proven wrong.

I enjoy forums, and I enjoy ones where ordinary members can say their bit without having to worry about the powers (moderators or owners) banning them for coming up with the truth when it disagrees with the rumour posted by them.

I've never seen it before, and it's a worry to me that it seems to be happening here, and I guess that even by saying is i'm probably at risk of being banned now too.

I think the only thing that anyone wants to hear from Mr Magic is an apology for his rumours about DJR team ownership, and that he stop with the obvious hate campaign he is waging against DJR .

I reckon he'll never do it though, easier to ban someone that admit to making up a story isn't it.

Old 3 Oct 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2768567)   #20
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with GTR on this.

With the powder swirling GTR cant always get 100%, & clearly he was close to the action here.
Mr Tinkler adding DJR to Patinack Farm & the Newcastle Jets is as interesting as Mr Fork Lifts selling out & the sale of the race car collection.
Does DJR make a quid, even a good ROI?

As for Fast Ford in his 2nd post:
I think the only thing that anyone wants to hear from Mr Magic is an apology for his rumours about DJR team ownership, and that he stop with the obvious hate campaign he is waging against DJR .

I reckon he'll never do it though, easier to ban someone that admit to making up a story isn't it.

Is there something you are not telling Fast Ford?
Old 3 Oct 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2768591)   #21
Fast Ford
Rookie

Australia
The Pub
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post

Is there something you are not telling Fast Ford?

Are you trying to tell me you don't see what is plainly there to see if you read back????

Most of the rumours from Magic are unsubstianted and then proven wrong, and not even close, his intimate source that has information that Dick doean't own DJR any more and is only a figurehead has been proved wrong for example, but where is the fairness, the retraction, I haven't seen one example of where a wrong has been corrected and I've been reading back quite a bit.

Worse, the rumours seem to be directed toward the negative and some are plain hurtfull, and with no reason that I've come accross as yet, will I get back far enough to find out, or is there something magic is not telling us??

By the way that question was way to cryptic for me , but if you have an actual question i'll do my best to answer.

Old 3 Oct 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2768595)   #22
Falcon GT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Ford View Post
Are you trying to tell me you don't see what is plainly there to see if you read back????

Most of the rumours from Magic are unsubstianted and then proven wrong, and not even close, his intimate source that has information that Dick doean't own DJR any more and is only a figurehead has been proved wrong for example, but where is the fairness, the retraction, I haven't seen one example of where a wrong has been corrected and I've been reading back quite a bit.

Worse, the rumours seem to be directed toward the negative and some are plain hurtfull, and with no reason that I've come accross as yet, will I get back far enough to find out, or is there something magic is not telling us??

By the way that question was way to cryptic for me , but if you have an actual question i'll do my best to answer.

Looks like he gets his information from Neil Hart. There was enough bull**** in that post to start a fertiliser factory.

Hart you are correct in the statements you've made but please get the crap out of it and post the truth. Charlie was the only one who bailed out DJR , you're trying to make out that DJ is some sort of leech and was constantly in financial troubles. Which is far from the truth.

Then again jealousy's a curse and i'm sure Britek would like to be in a position that DJR are. Then again with Notso's brilliant business decisions that team will amount to a big fat ZERO
Old 3 Oct 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2768802)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Ford View Post
I've never seen it before, and it's a worry to me that it seems to be happening here, and I guess that even by saying is i'm probably at risk of being banned now too.
It's not what you say, it's how you say it. In three posts so far you haven't discussed the topic, only another poster. Forgive me if I suggest that sounds like you have your own agenda for posting which makes you no different from what you're suggesting about other posters.

I'll remind you all again because you don't seem to be getting it (and I do so enjoy the mis-spelt PMs. Then again, those words probably aren't in the dictionary):

This is a discussion forum. Anyone is entitled to have opinions and to post reasoned arguments to support them. No-one is entitled to post abusive remarks about another poster and I'm frankly bored with the constant whinge-fests where you all discuss each other. If you can't stick to the topic, don't expect your posts to stick around. If you throw out threats and rude comments about other users, expect to get a warning. If you post a nicely worded rebuttal of the views of someone else giving solid opinions, reasons, explanations or even facts you may even get positive feedback.

If anyone still doesn't understand that, get someone else to review your posts before hitting the submit button to save me having to do it. I'm tired and cranky and not in the mood for reading the tosh that precedes this post.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2768849)   #24
Falcon GT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hart View Post
Looks like ol' Dick has found himself another saviour

30 years since the general public bailed him out, Doug Jacobi from Ford Parts, Ross Palmer and a few others, then Cattach got the job of GM after Shell thought DJR wouldnt survive the season, then they got into bed with Chalker and later Westpoint, went belly up, phoenixed with Charlie the latest saviour, now laying their head down with Tinkler

As was said earlier in this chat thread, Tinkler has taken just about everyone he has ever done business with to court for misstatement or misrepresentation or both. Chances of that happening here will be pretty high. Especially when he is asked to write cheques to keep the place ticking over, despite the sponsors on board.

Maybe Davidson dodged a bullet not signing here?

If you stuck your home on the line and it ended in a smoking wreck like #17 did i'm sure you wouldn't say no to generousity of the Australian Public.

Doug Jacobi through Motorcraft sponsored DJR. It was Ford's way of getting money out the back door for the effort.

Ross Palmer was a long friend of DJR and used the sponsorship of DJR to leverage his steel company both here and in the USA.

Cattach had known Dick for quite a while and Dick will be the first to admit he isn't good at the business side of things. Shell got excellent value for money even to the extent that DJR ran 2 Sierras instead of the one stipulated in the contract. Shell kept the sponsorship package going right up to the BA.

Westpoint came on board and reneged on the sponsorship payments

Chalker was employed as business manager and it was his idea to start First Rock home loans and V8 Telecom. Both profitable business' but not enough to run a Supercar team.

Charlie was the only one that was a saviour but you knew that anyway.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story Mr Hart

By your reckoning that means that Britek have been bailed out by Fujitsu at times and obviously Trading Post today.
It means that 888 have been bailed out by Vodafone and that Toll have also bailed out HRT

GTR = wrong again

Last edited by Falcon GT; 3 Oct 2010 at 23:33.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2768992)   #25
Fast Ford
Rookie

Australia
The Pub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
It's not what you say, it's how you say it. In three posts so far you haven't discussed the topic, only another poster. Forgive me if I suggest that sounds like you have your own agenda for posting which makes you no different from what you're suggesting about other posters.

I'll remind you all again because you don't seem to be getting it (and I do so enjoy the mis-spelt PMs. Then again, those words probably aren't in the dictionary):

This is a discussion forum. Anyone is entitled to have opinions and to post reasoned arguments to support them. No-one is entitled to post abusive remarks about another poster and I'm frankly bored with the constant whinge-fests where you all discuss each other. If you can't stick to the topic, don't expect your posts to stick around. If you throw out threats and rude comments about other users, expect to get a warning. If you post a nicely worded rebuttal of the views of someone else giving solid opinions, reasons, explanations or even facts you may even get positive feedback.

If anyone still doesn't understand that, get someone else to review your posts before hitting the submit button to save me having to do it. I'm tired and cranky and not in the mood for reading the tosh that precedes this post.

Yeah , ok , fair call, it was the fact that I've seen people banned for posting the truth about some rumours, and without correction and retraction that prompted me to register to comment on this particular one because this is the proof that DJR and Dick himself have been badly maligned by the constant rumours of a negative nature, but if you're ok with proliferating that type of culture, that's ok, I understand.

Look to be honest I'm not surprised to see you jump in to defend the comments I was talking about, they go completely against the facts which are now plainly obvious, that Dick still holds 50% of DJR .

Further it can hardly be off topic to call into question the previous posts which make claims that Dick doesn't own the company and is only a figurehead, when they relate directly to this topic which proves they are complete and utter made up rubbish, baseless without any foundation.

While I can understand your wanting to back your people I cannot understand how you can risk the credibility of that person by allowing the continuing sledging of one particular Team and its' owner, and remember it's not just me that is calling for explanations here, I'm just very disappointed to think that as a fan of the colonial version of touring cars you care more about your one commentor than having the truth be the prevailing reality at the end of the day.

Also I'm guessing you have never read back over topics about the ownership of DJR, Dick or any other posts and threads about them before you attack me for not being purely on topic and for having the audacity to question whether incorrect BS should be apologised for or retracted or, for that matter observed the banning of those who expose the incorrect rumours or made up BS.

I'm very happy to see DJR get a prominent business man to buy the share previously owned by the saviour of the team during very bleak financial times, and I can't see a down side to it , it's a win win situation.

Thanks for caring.