Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:16 (Ref:127626)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who makes the decisions?

Quote:
ITV quoted Brawn explaining with: "I get the impression that at McLaren it's not clear who makes the decisions. Sometimes Ron seems to make a decision, sometimes Adrian seems to. I think that's a failing and at Ferrari we have made the commitment that one person makes the final decision and that's me. You need to make a decision and you need to stand and fall by it."
LOL...LOL.

Yeah right. We all know who makes the decisions at Ferrari and that is Schumi. Ross might be the messenger but he is not God.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:20 (Ref:127629)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross seems as deluded as Rubens...

Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:28 (Ref:127636)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Todt = Napoleon

The real aura surrounding Ferrari had been tarnished by the lot who now run it with constant accusations of cheating, influence and countless other rumours and innuendo.

Bring back the Ferrari of old, where they might have been unsuccessful, but at least carried the spirit of F1, which has now been trampled by the little Frenchman and his German general.

Quite frankly, Ferrari is not what it used to be.

Last edited by f1manoz; 8 Aug 2001 at 15:28.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:31 (Ref:127638)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Re: Who makes the decisions?

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

LOL...LOL.

Yeah right. We all know who makes the decisions at Ferrari and that is Schumi. Ross might be the messenger but he is not God.
Do you work for Scuderia Ferrari BBKing?? I just wondered..
Old 9 Aug 2001, 01:36 (Ref:127898)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez...
BBKing...that does it! You are just another normal anti-Ferrari or anti-schuey...tried to take you as objective...but *sigh* the wolf has shown its tail...

One of the reasons why Michael and Ross are normally good strategists is because they work trusting each other 100%. I cant remember when was the article, but in an interview with Michael, he said the success of their partnership is that he trusts Ross totally, and vice versa. EG. When it is time to pits, Michael would report how situation is on the track (is there wet patches, oil, and the feel of the car) to Ross... then ross would study the telementry to see if MS car is faster than his immediate rival, the backmarkers, the gap to P2, and other information which MS had no idea of, and tells Michael his decision when to pit. Michael would then pit, more often than not without a doubt.

In certain things Michael do get the final say. Afterall, he is driving the car and thus knows what is best for him to get the maximum speed. But in most areas, its Ross who makes the final decision on race track, Todt who makes final decisions off track in management, and Bryne the final decision in the factory's design office.

And yes, Michael and Ross stands and falls by their decision... have you ever seen them making a fool of themselves in front of the media by blasting each other with childish comments...like what you see Ron and DC?

Jersound...nope...i don't think BBKING works for Ferrari...he might be a messenger for the silver-arrows though?
Old 9 Aug 2001, 02:32 (Ref:127918)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think any of these people will still be there once TGF has retired? Not likely. They will all go to his house to work for him.

But Ross is right, although he is mistaken about who makes the decisions - that only one person should decide. (The usual problem is that everyone wants to be that person.)
Old 9 Aug 2001, 02:39 (Ref:127919)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes of course Ross would have no clue about who makes what decisions at Ferrari...He only works there..
Old 9 Aug 2001, 06:24 (Ref:127948)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whever it is seems to be making the right ones don't they. The only time they get it wrong, it seems to be Rubens on the receiving end
Old 9 Aug 2001, 06:32 (Ref:127950)   #9
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Posted by F1manoz
Todt = Napoleon

The real aura surrounding Ferrari had been tarnished by the lot who now run it with constant accusations of cheating, influence and countless other rumours and innuendo.

Bring back the Ferrari of old, where they might have been unsuccessful, but at least carried the spirit of F1, which has now been trampled by the little Frenchman and his German general.

Quite frankly, Ferrari is not what it used to be.
I didn't realize that you were once a true Ferrari fan who turned away from them on moral and ethical disagreements.

I'm sure there are some Ferrari fans who wish to see the good old days when a powerful team was torn apart by political infighting and lanquished mid-grid while the big boys in England fought for the big prize... though i've never known any of them.

There are probably even Ferrari fans who have no respect for the German prince and the French general who helped rebuild the team into an Empire...though i've never heard of them.

No, things are not what they used to be at Ferrari...Thank God for that, or Schumi.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 13:12 (Ref:128047)   #10
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Geez...
BBKing...that does it! You are just another normal anti-Ferrari or anti-schuey...tried to take you as objective...but *sigh* the wolf has shown its tail...
How am I going to recover from this? I am a Schumi fan and I see things beyond the media hype. Thats all.
Quote:

In certain things Michael do get the final say. Afterall, he is driving the car and thus knows what is best for him to get the maximum speed. But in most areas, its Ross who makes the final decision on race track, Todt who makes final decisions off track in management, and Bryne the final decision in the factory's design office.
That is not what Ross is saying. He is saying that he makes the decisions. You and I agree that he is kidding himself if he really believes that. Ross is nothing without Schumi if he was he would be doing a better job with Barrichello, don't you think?
Old 9 Aug 2001, 14:18 (Ref:128075)   #11
BBKing
Veteran

Newey thinks the same

Quote:
Brawn's success attributed to Michael Schumacher's success

McLaren's technical director Adrian Newey is of the opinion that Ferrari's technical director Ross Brawn's success and acclaim is largely attributed to the team's successful driver Michael Schumacher's.

He was quoted: "Ross has never won a race where Schumacher hasn't been one of his drivers. My observation is he manages the technical team at Ferrari and relies on the talents of his individual engineers. I also rely on the engineers but I also take a very hands on approach and get very much involved in the lay-out of the car."

He added that he is always trying to maintain a higher level of his time on the drawing board.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 19:21 (Ref:128177)   #12
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right - they aren't the team of old - they're winning championships. Consistently.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 22:06 (Ref:128261)   #13
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Who makes the decisions?

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

LOL...LOL.

Ross is the messenger, and schumi is god??

you mean schumi, while racing is still deciding in his cockpit about race strategy?? all right!! hehe
Old 10 Aug 2001, 18:08 (Ref:128589)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ScuderĂ*a von Trips

The entity who is the final maker of all decisions is Wolfgang von Trips ; he moved Schumi to the Scuderia, and is expected about all the decisions of the team will be for the good for his German protegé.

Don't worry, this is only a joke!!!