Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2903395)   #26
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least you know that no matter who the winner is they are going to look like a superstar next to Denyer. Could the have picked a more inexperienced lead driver
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2903432)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
So can a 16 year old get the right level of racing licence to race in the SC1000??

It will be interesting to see how they get the relevant signatures on thier licences for the FIA upgrade required.
They only need to have their licence signed at 5 (or is it 6?) national race meetings & job is done - reckon a few of them on the list would have got there already somehow.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2904229)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
did i read right that the 16 yo is leading the national formula ford championship
Old 22 Jun 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2904254)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TV Tonight Online

Andrew Jordan to SSS
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Jun 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2904256)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
did i read right that the 16 yo is leading the national formula ford championship
Series Points

Cameron Waters' Profile

Nick Foster's Profile

Shae Davies' Profile

I am actually surprised the organisers of the SSS didnt try to get Matt Brabham in the reckoning to give it some credibility
Old 22 Jun 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2904493)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A slab of XXXX Gold says a chick wins it to keep the punters watching the show and to boost the profile of the sport in the mainstream media
Old 22 Jun 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2904504)   #32
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if I'd take that bet for a female winning, but a hiding to nothing says they know already who they want in the seat and they will manipulate the results to get the guy they want.

I love the 10 ordinary Australians media spin (let's not mention the kiwi or the brit) and we better start with people already competing at a fairly high level, so we don't look bad. Nothing ordinary about the experience those guys have.

Having said all that. It's sucked me in and I'll be watching.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2904534)   #33
woodduck97
Rookie

woodduck97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Series Points

Cameron Waters' Profile

Nick Foster's Profile

Shae Davies' Profile

I am actually surprised the organisers of the SSS didnt try to get Matt Brabham in the reckoning to give it some credibility
He isn't from Mildura GTR....
Old 23 Jun 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2904552)   #34
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good thing?

I echo Twinwebbers last sentiment - anything that puts more motorsport on mainstream tv the better... If it's well produced and presented well it might have the effect of adding some more fans to the V8 Supercar (and motorsport) register... It's tough competing for airtime with the stick and ball sports and I can only see it as a positive regardless of who wins!
Simon
Old 23 Jun 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2904576)   #35
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How is it different to So You Think You Can Dance, or Australian Idol.

They didn't pick people who couldn't sing or dance to compete. They took people with training and experience, albeit at various levels. Same thing here.

Denyer's a perfectly capable driver. He's a former Ute champion, he's won Development Series rounds. He's raced Bathurst a few times.

I reckon it's a good concept that if well executed could do motorsport plenty of good. I feel they really should have made the team run PI first, but so be it.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2904591)   #36
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the selection criteria? I mean, did the organisers call for auditions or anything? It seems to have been done very quietly.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2904613)   #37
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Sera contracted to Kelly Racing, as their "Young Development Driver" ???

Abit of a conflict of interest isn't it?? Perhaps just a backhanded way of getting him a steer?

Andrew Jordan will be a contender (if performance has anything to do with it), infact given he's been in the BTCC for years and has won races in it, he is surely over-qualified for this?

Hayley Swanson..... is she even off her Provisional CAMS licence??
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2904651)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
a couple of sonic drivers there also
Old 23 Jun 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2904661)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
While Mr Small is the brother of #16's engineer...
Old 23 Jun 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2904710)   #40
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony View Post
Does anyone know the selection criteria? I mean, did the organisers call for auditions or anything? It seems to have been done very quietly.
IMO, Its just a chance for Denyer to stroke his very large Ego and to get back into a Bathurst car without costing him anything out of his own pocket with a co driver that wont show him up.

A very incestuous, closed shop, invite only sort of entry criteria does not give any credibility to the shows theme of "Search for a Star", yeah right.

There are many many drivers out there that would eat this lot for breakfast, truth be known, the winner has probably already been selected.

The girls, with all due respect,are there for political decoration value only, a couple of others are still on their P's, so how are they going to get FIA accreditation for Bathurst.

A couple of others have only raced karts, the field narrows down to possibly 3, Andrew Jordan, Ben Small & Nick Foster
Old 23 Jun 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2904717)   #41
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well..I cant see any other teams out there doing it...and for mine it puts an extra car out there too. Just like Idol etc, you never know what sort of fairytale they can conjure up.
It would be good to see this concept a permanent part of the series, or at least at selected meetings. And Im sure the Kellys are putting enough coin up to promote themselves, so good luck. Just dont take out a Ford in the big one!!!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2904991)   #42
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Just dont take out a Ford in the big one!!!
there with you Mick, "Jack Perkin's Imitation award" for rear ending the favourite (#88 or #888 at the moment?) up mountain straight?

exposure for the series, exposure for KR, exposure for JD (through the behind-the-scenes bits) etc. As long as licenses etc can be sorted, but wouldn't mind betting those that aren't already licensed won't make it to the end anyway, a win for all involved.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2905035)   #43
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im looking forward to it , Im currently enjoying some reality shows (that really hurts to say that LOL) but I am and this of course will hold my interest due to the nature of the competition.

Its a novel idea (allthough I didnt know anything about the 1990 one until reading the opening post) and I remember there was a series I think last year called "Girl racers" which I watched a few times and enjoyed to a degree

They simply could not pull anyone off the street and let them into this competition , just by the pure nature of the sport the "contestants" really do need some form of experience.

Personally I think it will be David Sera (he is contracted after all , but also a great driver , 11 times national kart champ at the age of 22 is NO chump) or Nick Foster who is showing some good speed this year.

Will be interesting and we will be watching in our house for sure
Old 24 Jun 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2905068)   #44
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
How is it different to So You Think You Can Dance, or Australian Idol.
The difference is that the winners of the singing & dancing shows wont be in the way of the lead car at the most important race of the year.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2905102)   #45
V8madness
Rookie

V8madness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 Average Austrailians??? as mentioned one Kiwi and one brit, Who pays the most money wins!!! When did the organisers send out the memo, mine must have got lost as im a Average Kiwi.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2905154)   #46
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Andrew Jordan will be a contender (if performance has anything to do with it), infact given he's been in the BTCC for years and has won races in it, he is surely over-qualified for this?
Not been in the BTCC for as many years as you'd think. This is his fourth season and I think I'm right in saying he's only early twenties. I don't recall him racing karts, but I may be wrong. To the best of my knowledge he started in Junior Rallycross running an old Mini and then progressed to the Supercars and won the championship. He then moved to the BTCC and drove alongside his Father in an old Honda Integra and had a pretty decent season. That was followed by two poor years, first in a works Vectra then in the first gen NGTC Vectra which broke down a lot. He seems to be right back on it this year though as the cars working well.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2905704)   #47
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, maybe I'm not observant enough. Where was the list of contenders?
Old 25 Jun 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2906039)   #48
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
Sorry, maybe I'm not observant enough. Where was the list of contenders?

Here 'tis:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/22/...st-1000-entry/
Old 27 Jun 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2906774)   #49
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't this been done befor in a number of different guises.

PJ
Chane of a lifetime

etc

if they are ten ordinary aussies, then enter some of the miners from my region, work 12 hours, been up for 14 and drive like all $&%@ for three hours to get to a plane in whatever vehicle is available. Damn, didn't know Hilux's could do 160 k's for three hours solid.

now that is some driving considering the roads since the floods.
I would have one of them as a codriver anyday.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2907252)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
'Reality Check'

On BigPond & all..