Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2946054)   #26
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im not surprised at all. she stopped going to races a while ago, everytime i mention this my comment gets deleted.

but i still remember vividly at sandown in 2006 when nat busted him with 2 grid girls, he was known as a cheater and i guess that there is only so much of that a wife can take.

its very sad for the kids, its not fair on them.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2946056)   #27
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thread disappearing in 5..... 4..... 3..... 2........
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 26 Aug 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2946067)   #28
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your not wrong there, I think this thread should disappear.

None of our business really what happens with the property, for all we know the place could be that big that they could divided it in half and live at seperate ends.

That's why we all have something called private life's...........
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:37 (Ref:2946090)   #29
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post

None of our business really what happens with the property, for all we know the place could be that big that they could divided it in half and live at seperate ends.

here here. given the thread was going nowhere pleasantly, i asked for the thread to be deleted. instead, all the posts discussing the topic were removed except the original post, and all the off topic bits about QR remained.
If there was going to be a cull, then the OP should have gone as well, which i would presume meant the entire thread disappeared.

go figure...
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2946095)   #30
valet_dave
Rookie

Australia
valet_dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not sure I completely agree.

I don't think it would be outrageous to claim that a race driver's overall success in what is big business today, is solely related to what they do on the track. Nor does their job description simply relate to driving a race car.

A public figure that uses a clean cut family man image to sell merchandise has to be open to a certain amount of public scrutiny if that image proves to be false.

If the moderators wan't to cover that scrutiny up, then it is a shame for this site.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:26 (Ref:2946115)   #31
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This sort of stuff is openly discussed in the media when it comes to football, and i'm sure all the AFL scandels were discussed on AFL forums? Why is motor racing any different?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2946116)   #32
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
I hear a whisper that the Masters apprentice has been caught with his pants down again & his laundry is about to be aired. We wil see.
Hey wait a minute-your not GTRMagic! Spill the beans
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:37 (Ref:2946121)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Hey wait a minute-your not GTRMagic! Spill the beans

head over to thew SEQ thread, and find your answerrs and discussion (where allowed" there
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2946125)   #34
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Sad to hear of this, (like any other marriage splitting up regardless of who's involved).
Old 26 Aug 2011, 06:08 (Ref:2946132)   #35
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
This sort of stuff is openly discussed in the media when it comes to football, and i'm sure all the AFL scandels were discussed on AFL forums? Why is motor racing any different?
I always thought motorsport had a bit more class?
I guess we are being dragged down to Tabloid press level if that's the way the thread wants to go.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2946164)   #36
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Not going to wade into the argument of if this should or shouldn't be discussed.

Like most people I am sad to hear when any family unit breaks up.
I hope it remains private & amicable for the Lowndes family.

The above post did make me lol however.
Well done BA!
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2946169)   #37
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by valet_dave View Post
A public figure that uses a clean cut family man image to sell merchandise has to be open to a certain amount of public scrutiny if that image proves to be false.
I agree. If you blend your personal life with your public life to further your commercial interests, it's natural that people who are interested in the good times will also be interested in the bad times. I watched Australian Story about Craig a few years ago despite not usually watching the show

Divorce is hell, no matter how amicable. It can affect an athletes performance, as well as their commercial viability. Take a look at Tiger Wood's endorsement performance, as well as his sporting achievements since his marriage (probably not the same circumstances for the divorce though)
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:21 (Ref:2946172)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I think the heading should say, "Warning Not for people stuck in the 60's"

or Warning "mot for people who dont have Facebook"

Seriusly that is one of the most immature heading we have had in this forum, it belittle the fans and i would argue breeches the rules of ten tenths
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2946175)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I hear a whisper that the Masters apprentice has been caught with his pants down again & his laundry is about to be aired. We wil see.
I thought about this even more, seems he really did learn a lot from the master doesnt it, maybe not all of it good, depending on your way of looking at things
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2946176)   #40
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So that's why he's winning again!
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2946181)   #41
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I thought about this even more, seems he really did learn a lot from the master doesnt it, maybe not all of it good, depending on your way of looking at things
Yep. Makes you wonder though. Was his exposure to this behaviour back then the excuse for him to think it OK ?

Will there be a 3rd party( or more ala Tiger) come forward to spill the beans ?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2946186)   #42
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by valet_dave View Post
Bingo

You see it in all walks of life, why should this be any different
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2946189)   #43
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yep. Makes you wonder though. Was his exposure to this behaviour back then the excuse for him to think it OK ?

Will there be a 3rd party( or more ala Tiger) come forward to spill the beans ?
Yeah, give em time, they'll come out of the woodwork.
In Tigers case, his career has taken a nosedive. If last weekend was anything to go by, Craig is handling it well, although time will tell.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2946190)   #44
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldnt care less about the private life. I care more about which Mod changed the thread from SEQ to the seperation thing, could only be one.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2946192)   #45
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that the separation has occurred is not necessarily detrimental to your clean cut image.
I think the other accusations have no place here where the man can't defend himself.
Even if they are true, you could just as easily fabricate a similar story to stir up trouble.
Rumours of sackings or whatever are part of the game, but I don't think personal innuendoes have a place here.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2946194)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
The fact that the separation has occurred is not necessarily detrimental to your clean cut image.

You are right Jerez, It never seemed to effect Brocks image with the public, twice divorced, regular womaniser, possibly according to one of his wives a wife beater, believed in some weird new age stuff, but oh how we mourned and worshiped him

it should not really effect peoples opinion of lowndes, it certainly didnt effect his form on the weekend
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2946199)   #47
DJJ
Racer

****, seriously who cares? are you all that lonely that private lives of drivers is all you can do.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2946200)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
DJJ, if you dont care then stop posting and looking here, its not difficult, its like changing channel on a tv if you dont like the show
Old 26 Aug 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2946222)   #49
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
I couldnt care less about the private life. I care more about which Mod changed the thread from SEQ to the seperation thing, could only be one.
Because the original post (about SEQ) was about the actual seperation perhaps?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2946232)   #50
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
DJJ, if you dont care then stop posting and looking here, its not difficult, its like changing channel on a tv if you dont like the show
We meet again peck, I am truely concerened for your well being if all you have in life is discussing a sporting persons life.

You think I spend all my life browsing and posting here? Seems you do and get some gratifaction about that, as you were. Good life
Closed Thread