Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2969092)   #51
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love to hear their call of Besnard's BBQ.

EDIT: Found it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxZMBRXikc

Last edited by PVDA; 11 Oct 2011 at 07:41.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2969098)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I'd love to hear their call of Besnard's BBQ.

EDIT: Found it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxZMBRXikc

just spent time searching for that, had seen it on facebook earlier in the day

but you beat me to it
Old 11 Oct 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2969317)   #53
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
i wish i could find the commentary for the last few laps from DW and Joy...
Old 11 Oct 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2969355)   #54
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I remember back in the day ESPN used to have Friday or Saturday Night short track racing and it was a nice change to watch.
I remember when they used to show racing too. Those were the days.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2969575)   #55
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the You Tube bits I've listen to, I must say that I would have enjoyed listening to guys from SPEED, rather that Channel 7. I got annoyed with Cromptons engineering, fuel calculations and the occational "sratch that" and start again with whatever he was going to say. Kept waiting for Matt White to break out with some shock investigation to how we're getting ripped off with dodgy orange juice, and I'm over Larkham's in-jokes about Skaife's wallet. Get over, he obvious must have some extra between the ears than you......

Without watching the whole thing from SPEED, well done to SPEED crew. I like that style of commentary, with everything to the point and no b/s. I hope they enjoyed themselves and come back.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 04:05 (Ref:2969648)   #56
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Again, people malign the "time buy" which is how most cable tv is. We have hundreds of tv channels over here. Tv channels want consistent revenue, so they merely rent time via their rate card and it's up to the time buyer or an agent to sell advertising.

In the case of Bathurst, if it was a "time buy", they had tons of ads on, so likely they did very well financially. If the ratings are good and they can pull good ads, it could end up over the next few years being a profitable earner for V8 SC.

People keep thinking that is a time buy is a negative as though you spend money and get zero in return.
Perhaps people don't realise that a "time buy" comes with advertising rights? They might think that the buyer just gets the programme time only and the TV station retains the advertising rights for that time slot.

This happens with low rent stations and ****ty time slots, where the "time buyer" is just flogging his own product in an infommercial or when political/religious groups spew their propaganda.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 06:06 (Ref:2969677)   #57
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a quick chat to DW as he made his way out of the circuit to the waiting hire car (complete with SPEED decals)

Seemed genuinely impressed with the event and especially the cars.
A man with his boundless enthusiasm will do more for our series than some crap races in the Middle East...

One could say that I knew it was his first Bathurst as he was still wearing a tie...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 12 Oct 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2970160)   #58
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Seemed genuinely impressed with the event and especially the cars.
A man with his boundless enthusiasm will do more for our series than some crap races in the Middle East...

One could say that I knew it was his first Bathurst as he was still wearing a tie...
Agreed, between him and Mike Joy, they'll open a whole new world for the series in North America.

As for the tie, the guy is old school...... You watch any of the NASCAR telecast and he'll fool around in whatever during the week, but gears up on for the race. Come to think of it, all the guys he calls the races with have ties on.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2970182)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Start

No hyperbole. No crap. Respectful of car sponsors. Better than #7?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Oct 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2970191)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pre Race Show

Explaining not barking...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Oct 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2970196)   #61
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to admit, after looking back at it I do think the SPEED commentators did a better job than Channel 7 despite not knowing what the heck was going on a lot of the time. I watched some of the 7 coverage on online streaming and I can stand Crompton, but that other rambling bloke is a real pain in the backside.

Looking forward to Gold Coast and possibly more live races in 2013, although if V8 supercars ever gets live on SPEED regularly I will be missing out on a lot of other series I currently follow. Although Im more excited about by Austin trip in 2013.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2970198)   #62
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Start

No hyperbole. No crap. Respectful of car sponsors. Better than #7?
From what I've seen the #7 team were way better, they know the cars and drivers, and the teams rarely pull a fast one on them.

Thought Diffey would have lead the Speed coverage as Joy and DW weren't up to speed.

DW's lap with JB was stupid and would have been better left in the can.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2970199)   #63
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
From what I've seen the #7 team were way better, they actually knew the cars and drivers.

Thought Diffey would have lead the Speed coverage as Joy and DW would do great alongside weren't up to speed.

DW's lap with JB was stupid and would have been better left in the can.
I wished they had used Diffey and Fish in the commentary box instead of the pitlane, Im sure everybody knows about Diffey but I think Calvin Fish is a fantastic commentator and would do great alongside Diffey. I do stand that for their first time, DW and Joy did a great job though and could potentially bring in some casual NASCAR fans to watch the race.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2970382)   #64
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I do stand that for their first time, DW and Joy did a great job though and could potentially bring in some casual NASCAR fans to watch the race.
Definitely it was better for attracting American fans that DW and Joy rocked up to the mountain.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2970486)   #65
another insider
Rookie

another insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Definitely it was better for attracting American fans that DW and Joy rocked up to the mountain.
Master stroke! When is Austin race in Texas? Saw a V8 in the middle of town today.What gives? Thought they were racing down the Goldie next weekend?
Old 13 Oct 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2970702)   #66
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The intro from SPEED in the USA.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2970745)   #67
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by another insider View Post
Master stroke! When is Austin race in Texas? Saw a V8 in the middle of town today.What gives? Thought they were racing down the Goldie next weekend?
Brisvegas? was a promo for the GC600
Old 14 Oct 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2970984)   #68
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for posting the links. I really enjoyed watching the Speed coverage. I think the American commentators did an excellent job, they explained everything very well and related it to NASCAR so their fans could follow it and they were interesting without shouting and no stupid "in jokes".
Old 14 Oct 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2971043)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
maintain the rage
Old 14 Oct 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2971336)   #70
another insider
Rookie

another insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Brisvegas? was a promo for the GC600
Yeah cheers Axeman.My sarcasm missed.I was just fishing as I had not seen it in here anywhere.

The reason for the hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DLGjhTgdILk
Old 14 Oct 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2971366)   #71
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Great setup

Quote:
Brilliant!
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2971826)   #72
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wonder the public reaction if someone was hit by a car undertaking what's referred to in Victoria as "Hoon Driving".

Especially considering there were no safety barriers between the crowd and the car.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2971841)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Wonder the public reaction if someone was hit by a car undertaking what's referred to in Victoria as "Hoon Driving".

Especially considering there were no safety barriers between the crowd and the car.
and thats probably why they didn't do it in the nanny state
Old 16 Oct 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2971842)   #74
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed PVDA.

Didn't an Aussie drag racer slide off into the crowd in Tennessee last year killing a few people?

Great publicity, exciting, but very risky
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2971881)   #75
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
you guys act as if racing teams haven't done this before on numerous occasions.