Rubins fault, should have backed out 2 2.74%
Kimi's fault, should have backed out 1 1.37%
Racing incident pure and simple - the penalty is disgraceful 32 43.84%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Aug 2003, 20:07 (Ref:681557)   #176
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right. The worst damage is for his championship... he was too busy looking ahead (like you said, to JPM) that he couldn't use the mirror... now the WDC waves bye bye.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 20:59 (Ref:681591)   #177
Sir_Hobbes
Rookie

Sir_Hobbes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK after watching it again it is Kimmi's car that caused the damage to the side of Ralfs.

But also after seeing the footage again I notice that Ralf is one of the only drivers to go so far to the outside of the turn from his side of the grid. About the only driver to go all the way across the track.

"Guy, at the start of the year, you said it would be good if you could win three rallies. Now you have done so, are you going to stop?"
Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:16 (Ref:681603)   #178
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The impact between Kimi and Ralf.

Attached Thumbnails
hock6.jpg  
Old 6 Aug 2003, 23:18 (Ref:681663)   #179
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Ralf didn't go all the way across the track. He left more than enough room for one car outside him, namely Rubens. I am willing to bet that Ralf never saw Kimi, coming up fast outside Rubens. In fact, I wonder whether Ralf has an accurate recollection of what happened. His reported comments afterwards were ill advised, to say the least.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 01:47 (Ref:681702)   #180
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
Hey Juke, just out of curiousity, who is your favourite driver? I won't guess cos I'll probably be wrong and end up offending.

The would be (refer to my signature)

Kimi, Ralf and anyone else i don have any problem with except for Monty who is at the very bottom of my list of favs.

Spot on Valve!

Bon, just how many degrees of visual can Ralf see to spot Kimi closing on Rubens?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 22:31 (Ref:689404)   #181
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to come to this late..
It seems pretty simple...Ralf was not ahead of Rubens..they hit front wheel to rear wheel....Ralf cannot move over unless he's actually all the way ahead...not 3/4...not 7/8 but all the way infront...Rubens was under no obligation to brake and he sure couldn't move over...Ralf in his statements said he expected Rubens to move out of his way...how utterly crazy.....
Old 16 Aug 2003, 00:44 (Ref:689481)   #182
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
That is today's F1 Strad - not like in the days from which you cull those gorgeous pictures you like to post!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 16 Aug 2003, 00:50 (Ref:689485)   #183
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's just a bl00dy stupid racing accident... and 8 pages were devoted to it just to apportion blame?

Maybe Ralf did not look at his mirror... but heck..even if he were to, he won't be able to see the accident coming!
Old 16 Aug 2003, 03:04 (Ref:689532)   #184
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Kimi, Ralf and anyone else i don have any problem with except for Monty who is at the very bottom of my list of favs.

And why is that? is it because he is the biggest threat to your favourite driver?
Old 16 Aug 2003, 04:40 (Ref:689560)   #185
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
And why is that? is it because he is the biggest threat to your favourite driver?
Was he ever a threat? oh...just recently eh, well don count your chickens just yet