Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3654180)   #1201
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
More rumours last weekend towards Italian race switching to Imola from next season.

More bs bargaining by Ecclestone against the Monza committee I guess?

If the race does move away from Monza the venue surely must go to Mugello?
Is Mugello a category 1 circuit? Imola certainly is and has recently been upgraded.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3654191)   #1202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They did test there a few years ago. Mark Webber said 10 laps there were more enjoyable than 100 laps at Abu Dhabi.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3654209)   #1203
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Is Mugello a category 1 circuit? Imola certainly is and has recently been upgraded.
Per the FIA list of November 2015, Mugello is category 1.

Last edited by TheMightyM; 21 Jun 2016 at 15:57.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3654213)   #1204
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
OK, so Mugello is a possibility. I still think Imola is more likely (and anyway am crossing my fingers that the GP stays at Monza).
Old 21 Jun 2016, 16:04 (Ref:3654219)   #1205
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one source says there is doubt, another saying a deal with Monza is close to completion and all the while there is BE working all the sides against the middle.

it never ceases to amaze me how his style and maneuvering never change yet he always seems to get the deal he wants...which is a venue willing to pay more money to FOM/CVC.

evil genius!
Old 22 Jun 2016, 10:25 (Ref:3654390)   #1206
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
OK, so Mugello is a possibility. I still think Imola is more likely (and anyway am crossing my fingers that the GP stays at Monza).
Mugello may be too closely affiliated with Ferrari though which is why it may not already be on the calendar. They layout is superb though.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 04:36 (Ref:3654584)   #1207
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The Toyota connection didn't stop F1 from going to Fuji.

Honda, who currently supplies McLaren, owns Suzuka.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 11:59 (Ref:3654641)   #1208
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I don't see the Ferrari connection as a bar, in the way it might have been in the days of unlimited testing when the Scuderia could have spent all winter pounding round Mugello.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 01:24 (Ref:3668713)   #1209
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
What is Bernie's message here?

The taxpayer must stump up the money to support my broken and unsustainable business model?

http://www.pitpass.com/57102/British...ays-Ecclestone

The best person to save the British GP would appear to be Mr Ecclestone!
Old 31 Aug 2016, 04:02 (Ref:3668738)   #1210
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What is Bernie's message here?

The taxpayer must stump up the money to support my broken and unsustainable business model?

http://www.pitpass.com/57102/British...ays-Ecclestone

The best person to save the British GP would appear to be Mr Ecclestone!
Same as it’s always been: Give me some (more) money. Bernie essentially believes what’s good for him and his bank account is good for the sport as a whole. And if Silverstone can’t find the amount Bernie wants, then he’ll gladly sell the right to hold a race to someone/someplace that will. And as long as there are places that are willing to pay, then Bernie won’t think that F1’s business model is broken.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 06:50 (Ref:3668750)   #1211
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
And if Silverstone can’t find the amount Bernie wants, then he’ll gladly sell the right to hold a race to someone/someplace that will.
The article above says when it comes to Silverstone Bernie won't do this. Spa, Monza and Montreal are a different story.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3668754)   #1212
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie has never been a fan of Silverstone for some reason and they are under pressure to fill his financial demands. Remember Silversone is the only GP that does not have Government subsidies which leads to it being very costly. I suspect this story has been put out to apply pressure on Silverstone and divert attention from the fact that there is unlikely to be a German GP next year and the US GP is on the danger list. The other part of the problem for Bernie is that 50% of the GPs' have to be in Europe and the USA.
I have noticed there has been no mention of a draft calender yet as they usually start to appear at this time of the year.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...k-from-chimay/
Old 31 Aug 2016, 08:47 (Ref:3668755)   #1213
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The British GP has been saved more times than Lois Lane.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3668772)   #1214
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Same as it’s always been: Give me some (more) money. Bernie essentially believes what’s good for him and his bank account is good for the sport as a whole. And if Silverstone can’t find the amount Bernie wants, then he’ll gladly sell the right to hold a race to someone/someplace that will. And as long as there are places that are willing to pay, then Bernie won’t think that F1’s business model is broken.
He'll then sell it to some country that has no motorsports heritage, the stands will be empty, so they'll bus the ''fans'' in and it will disappear of the F1 radar, like Turkey, S. Korea and India.

Why does he need more money from Silverstone? I haven't been to Silverstone for years but it looks like the track has excellent facilities, they host a very popular event and local boy Lewis won again.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3668817)   #1215
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He'll then sell it to some country that has no motorsports heritage, the stands will be empty, so they'll bus the ''fans'' in and it will disappear of the F1 radar, like Turkey, S. Korea and India.

Why does he need more money from Silverstone? I haven't been to Silverstone for years but it looks like the track has excellent facilities, they host a very popular event and local boy Lewis won again.
Maybe they plan on upgrading the 20 Foot high double layered fences to 30 feet high ones?
Old 2 Sep 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3669218)   #1216
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Maybe they plan on upgrading the 20 Foot high double layered fences to 30 feet high ones?
That might help to keep out the Hares. They can be a problem at Silverstone.

On a happier note Monza has a three year deal.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125982
Old 2 Sep 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3669228)   #1217
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Good news, but I'd have preferred more than a three-year deal.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3669234)   #1218
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets just hope those circuit changes weren't part of the deal.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3670512)   #1219
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Imola to take legal action over Monza's new GP deal.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126076
Old 6 Sep 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3670524)   #1220
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
More mess. I hope it's resolved swiftly. I'd love to see Imola back on the calendar but the Italian GP should, must, be at Monza.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3670531)   #1221
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dont have access to the article...but does this have to do with the Italian motorsports body essentially saying they will only subsidize one event and that it will be Monza...presumably making this decision without some sort of open bid format/lack of fair competition issue?

if so i would think its a valid point, provided Imola actually has the ability/facilities to host an F1 event.

but yeah, after seeing that crowd the other day, it really should be at Monza.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3670541)   #1222
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Imola's a good facility, but Monza is Nuvolari, Ascari, the Tifosi, the smell of petrol going back to the 1920s. Every Italian GP but one since F1 came into being.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3670546)   #1223
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
dont have access to the article...but does this have to do with the Italian motorsports body essentially saying they will only subsidize one event and that it will be Monza...presumably making this decision without some sort of open bid format/lack of fair competition issue?

if so i would think its a valid point, provided Imola actually has the ability/facilities to host an F1 event.

but yeah, after seeing that crowd the other day, it really should be at Monza.
This statement from Ivan Capelli, ex F1 driver and a director of the Monza organising committee, sums up the situation:

"Last year the [Italian Prime Minister] Matteo Renzi was [at Monza] and then we had an amendment in the law saying that the Automobile Club of Italy could use the tax that we pay, to use that money to pay the Bernie [Ecclestone] fee through the Automobile Club of Italy.

"And Imola says, 'no, if the Automobile Club is giving the money to Monza, it's unfair, because we are the same level, we are an automobile club as well, and we want the same money that they're giving to Monza'."

Therefore the appeal court in Rome is going to determine if what the Automobile Club did, in telling the Autodromo of Monza that they alone can receive this government money, is legal or not.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3670554)   #1224
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
thanks for the summary.
Old 29 Oct 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3683825)   #1225
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
http://carburando.com/notas/gp-de-su...entina-en-2018

Argentina president Mauricio Macri is dealing with Bernie Ecclestone to revamp the Buenos Aires circuit and host an F1 Grand Prix.