Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3480498)   #26
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
1. Daniel Riccardio
2. Me (I'm a nice guy)
3. That chap that let me out onto the main road today
4. Lewis Hamilton
5. Felipe Massa
Old 1 Dec 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3480864)   #27
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just watching a video that Peter Windsor did on his youtube channel a while back about Bottas, and as well as praising his driving he made the point that Bottas never complained about the car/team/teammate.

In Austin he could've have gotten Williams to force Massa to let him through, he made the point he could go quicker but unlike practically every driver on the grid when that didn't happen he didn't complain or insist, and in fact at the end of the race didn't bring it up in any interview or complained that Massa stopped him gaining a podium.

In Windsor's words, "here's a driver with some dignity and some class", and I completely agree, I only wish some of the other driver's were more like this.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3481135)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is an interesting thread.

I'm not a fan boy and don't have a favourite driver but I suppose both Button and Ricciardo. Button doesn't act like a prima donna when things don't go right and comes across as straightforward and friendly. Ricciardo always has a smile and has such a positive attitude. I think both are good ambassadors for the sport.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3481235)   #29
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Susie Woolf
How much nicer can you be??!!
Old 2 Dec 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3481276)   #30
GodSpeed
Rookie

Suriname
Zeta reticuli
GodSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jules, Ricciardo, Hamilton, Perez, Button, Sebastian and Pastor.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3482304)   #31
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa? Nice? A nice whiner maybe. Everytime he opens his yap he's crying about something. I don't really pay much attention to how 'nice' a driver seems to be when being interviewed. It's all an act anyway. Heck, look at Helio Castroneves. He's the biggest phony out there.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3482311)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
Massa? Nice? A nice whiner maybe. Everytime he opens his yap he's crying about something. I don't really pay much attention to how 'nice' a driver seems to be when being interviewed. It's all an act anyway. Heck, look at Helio Castroneves. He's the biggest phony out there.
He certainly is.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3482320)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
Meeeoooow!
Old 7 Dec 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3482880)   #34
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picking up three...
1. Daniel Ricciardo
2. Valtteri Bottas
3. Felipe Massa
Old 7 Dec 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3482889)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far several names keep cropping up regularly, although not everyone agrees on some. However, with such a diverse membership that is no surprise, they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.", and niceness obviously the same.

To be honest (a trait of mine) when I first launched this thread it was partly to see how often people would simply name their favourite driver, but my cynicism was misplaced. Very few have done that as far as I can see.

The not so nice, bauble.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3483058)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yawn.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3483067)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yawn.
That's not very nice Knowlesy
Old 8 Dec 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3483072)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
That's not very nice Knowlesy
Yes, well. I didn't sleep last night.

I slept in as a result and had to run to the train station to catch my bus. I never run.

I had to buy my breakfast. Only a Costa Coffee was open and they hadn't yet stocked up their shelves. There was only a load of egg sandwiches available.

I get to work and discover I have to build a pig of a circuit board for some dastardly French company that has decided to order a control panel which it simply must have before christmas for some reason.

At this point the egg sandwich makes me feel ill.

I sit down to start the work. I can't see anything. Yes, somehow I have forgotten to put my glasses on in the rush to get out of the house and am trying to solder surface mount components with the worst eyesight in Oxfordshire.

So I come to the forum for relief and, squinting, I see you are being an antagonistic old bugger once again.

Not a good morning.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3483079)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
happy monday, knowlesy
Old 8 Dec 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3483114)   #40
bauble
Veteran

England
Now he has made me feel really awful.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3483315)   #41
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, well. I didn't sleep last night.

I slept in as a result and had to run to the train station to catch my bus. I never run.

I had to buy my breakfast. Only a Costa Coffee was open and they hadn't yet stocked up their shelves. There was only a load of egg sandwiches available.

I get to work and discover I have to build a pig of a circuit board for some dastardly French company that has decided to order a control panel which it simply must have before christmas for some reason.

At this point the egg sandwich makes me feel ill.

I sit down to start the work. I can't see anything. Yes, somehow I have forgotten to put my glasses on in the rush to get out of the house and am trying to solder surface mount components with the worst eyesight in Oxfordshire.

So I come to the forum for relief and, squinting, I see you are being an antagonistic old bugger once again.

Not a good morning.
Yawn
Old 9 Dec 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3483346)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Yawn

I am sure that we all ... well most ..er ...some ........ a few ...... um!

I hope that Knowlsey has a NICE day to day.

Bauble.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:29 (Ref:3483897)   #43
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough choice between Jenson Button or Dan Ricciardo as to who is the nicer, maybe Dan's smile is bigger?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3484327)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Do you not think he's a bit... creepy though?

Anyone who smiles that much in life you simply must avoid.

If he worked in an office he'd have a placard that said 'You don't have to be mad to work here... but it helps!' plonked on his desk. He'd take part in Movember. He'd insist on putting the christmas songs on from the middle of October. He would wear 'wacky' ties and engage in relentless 'zany' shenanigans. He'd be a fan of Mumford & Sons.

Oh, you've grown a handlebar moustache! That's simply hilarious, mate!

Awful.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 12 Dec 2014 at 09:18.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3484328)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Yawn
You're not often right but I agree with you there. That mild rant should be deleted. Embarrassing stuff.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3484427)   #46
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You're not often right but I agree with you there. That mild rant should be deleted. Embarrassing stuff.
Oh, I don't know... a small discussion of egg sandwiches breaks up the endless nattering about racing cars and suchlike here.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3484445)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably the most insightful discussion on the whole forum right now...... Beats the Button/Magnussen yawnfest.......
Old 13 Dec 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3484684)   #48
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No! No! Knowlesy, that rant is fine, this forum is inhabited by pseudonyms, signatures, avatars, and tag lines, not by real people. Therefore it is nice to see the human side of a poster for a change. I only know about 3 or 4 people who post here, personally, the rest of you are just opinions to agree or disagree with, so I now recognise you as a person with a job, and feelings.

Makes you friendlier somehow.

Should my post that triggered the 'yawn' have caused, or added to your problems of the day I am deeply sorry.

Meanwhile rant on anytime you feel like it, there is one person who cares.

Bauble.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3484705)   #49
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baubles a creep! Baubles a creep!
Old 13 Dec 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3484746)   #50
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Baubles a creep! Baubles a creep!
You can reduce the number of people I know on the forum by one!

With immediate effect

Bauble the cre.... Oops!