Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 May 2016, 10:55 (Ref:3637793)   #101
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turvey can race in Germany due to sportcar race in Japan postponed
Old 7 May 2016, 05:56 (Ref:3639343)   #102
skells22
Veteran

down to 10 rounds as moscow is canned and there is no replacement as its roo short a notice
Old 7 May 2016, 06:23 (Ref:3639346)   #103
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sad news-read elsewhere that London round still under threat from protesters court case-hope they can get next season sorted soon?
Old 7 May 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3639411)   #104
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they'd already dealt with the protests and got both 2016 and 2017 in place, but what do I know?!
Old 8 May 2016, 08:17 (Ref:3640008)   #105
skells22
Veteran

well, major headache for itv as well as it will not know if season is ending in germany or Uk so hopefully the court chucks this out and we get the last two races
Old 21 May 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3643498)   #106
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that was messy. Everyone seemed to be driving into the same cone, maybe something a bit less severe next year? Including qualifying over half the grid got penalties. Also, is Daniel abt trying to **** off his dad's team?
Old 22 May 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3643672)   #107
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great race, experience at the track was a lot better this year.

Old 23 May 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3643904)   #108
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like it was a good event. I haven't followed the last couple of rounds as closely but seen the results.

Does anyone know more about the protests surrounding the Battersea Park event?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Old 23 May 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3643918)   #109
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's expected to go ahead for this year but it's been dropped from 16/17
Old 23 May 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3643926)   #110
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Looks like it was a good event. I haven't followed the last couple of rounds as closely but seen the results.

Does anyone know more about the protests surrounding the Battersea Park event?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
I live in Battersea, very near the park and opposition to the race has come from local residents. Many of them live on Prince of Wales Drive, which is on the South side of the park and which is flanked by rather expensive mansion blocks, that over look it.

https://batterseapark.org/formula-e-...ion-continues/
Old 23 May 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3643928)   #111
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I live in Battersea, very near the park and opposition to the race has come from local residents. Many of them live on Prince of Wales Drive, which is on the South side of the park and which is flanked by rather expensive mansion blocks, that over look it.

https://batterseapark.org/formula-e-...ion-continues/
Thanks for the link.

Reading another article on that site their objections seem fairly reasonable at least. I have bought tickets so I hope the event goes ahead for this year at least after missing out last year.

I wonder if they will look at the Olympic Park as a potential replacement for next year. I can't see them getting public roads closed off, even though legislation was relaxed recently.
Old 24 May 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3644056)   #112
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battersea Park Formula E Action Group on Facebook
A current action for Judicial Review is due to be heard in the High Court on 24/25 May between the claimant James Jackson and defendant Wandsworth Council with Formula E as an interested party. This action challenges the hosting of the Formula E Championship in Battersea Park.

James Jackson supported by the Battersea Park Action Group is pleased to now announce that a satisfactory agreement has been reached over the future use of Battersea Park. James Jackson will now withdraw his Judicial Review action with his costs to date being met. The Championship this year will go ahead but further consideration will be given to future years.

As required under the planning conditions for this year’s event, the park will be reinstated by Formula E to its original pre-March 2015 condition.

James Jackson feels that the settlement reached represents a favourable outcome for all parties involved given the preparations already in hand for this year's races as well as the obligation to reinstate the park.

James Jackson said "I am delighted that a solution has been found; this is good for everyone."
Followed today by this news story.
Old 24 May 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3644079)   #113
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Thanks for the link.

Reading another article on that site their objections seem fairly reasonable at least. I have bought tickets so I hope the event goes ahead for this year at least after missing out last year.

I wonder if they will look at the Olympic Park as a potential replacement for next year. I can't see them getting public roads closed off, even though legislation was relaxed recently.
Agag saying that they need the London event to be a City centre event to be part of the FE ethos, he is talking a wish list of The Mall, Birdcage Walk, Horseguards, etc - best of luck with that as you need get aprovement from TFL, The Crown Estate, Westminster City Council, The Met Police, The Mayor and if they needed to use Hyde Park for logistics, the Royal Parks and that's just for starters...

Having worked on road closure events in London in the past, nothing is impossible but very difficult. The EV credentials will help with the Mayor's Office and maybe even TFL to a certain extent. Regent Street is closed several times a year for events, from Oxford Circus to Piccadilly Circus usually, but this is a well known road closure and is a relatively short stretch of a mile and is usually time limited to a few hours so the road is in use for morning and evening peak time.

Taking a bigger chuck out of roads out of use for a longer timescale, with a heavy build and the requirement to reinstate as before in a key part of London for heritage, sounds tricky to me and to be honest London doesn't need any more tourists or visitors so that won't be a big sell to the authorities, hotel rooms in London are at 90% occupancy already, for example.

Be interesting to see what happens. If it were me I would go for Olympic Park, a more contemporary venue that fits the FE tech more.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3656371)   #114
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bruno on podium!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3656434)   #115
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, one race left and a 3 point gap between di Grassi and Buemi for the championship. Anyone care to predict our champion?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3656441)   #116
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My head's always said Buemi; he's got the best car, and as long as he doesn't get frustrated or feel pressure, he can execute a pole and win pretty comfortably.

But my heart says di Grassi. He's been by far the best FE driver in both years. When everyone else has made big errors he hasn't put a foot wrong is such a tough car to drive.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3656456)   #117
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think Buemi has got it this time. Di Grassi is already letting the pace of the Renault get to his head.

I had a great day at the circuit yesterday. The cars are impressive up close - I was on the outside of turn one for the start of the race and I can tell you they looked fast enough!

The organization of the event was excellent too. There were free radio headsets being handed out at the gates, in addition to the trackside PA, so no matter where you were you could stay informed about what was going on. I hope they find another venue next year.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3656601)   #118
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that was weird!!

It isn't the first time a final round of any series has looked like one race for the win and one for the championship but not usually quite as literally as that.

Good entertainment though, Battersea has thrown up four good races it's a shame it won't be used again.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3656663)   #119
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Well that was weird!!

It isn't the first time a final round of any series has looked like one race for the win and one for the championship but not usually quite as literally as that.

Good entertainment though, Battersea has thrown up four good races it's a shame it won't be used again.
You can thank the NIMBYs on Prince of Wales Drive for that.

Otherwise, that was a pretty good race.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3656684)   #120
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
A controversial end to the season, but good entertainment all the same.

The trading fastest laps and Di Grassi's attempts to hold Buemi up (if that's what they were) were bordering on farcical, and not the way you want the title to be settled, but I think it went to the right guy.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3656696)   #121
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
A controversial end to the season, but good entertainment all the same.

The trading fastest laps and Di Grassi's attempts to hold Buemi up (if that's what they were) were bordering on farcical, and not the way you want the title to be settled, but I think it went to the right guy.
That's one aspect I didn't like and it came across as a bit gimmicky.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3656768)   #122
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well it was an odd way to end the season but imo a very entertaining way to finish. Crazy circumstances, the best package won (I personally felt di Grassi was the most complete driver over the season), bring on 2016-17, bring on Jaguar!!!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3656786)   #123
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah the turn 1 incident may have been unintentional. But you don't unintentionally come out of the pits directly in front of Buemi when he's on his hot lap and then quickly slow down to let Ma past as well, who Buemi was stuck behind. That was a bit low.

They sure left it to the last minute though didn't they? And then kept sending Buemi out in the most ridiculous positions. Was it the penultimate lap where he finally did the 1m 44.1?

I think it ended the right way. Di Grassi caused the crash and then should never have been able to drive around to the pits anyway. Also I think yesterday he was very aggressive when Buemi got alongside him at the end, he pretty much just turned in and Buemi must have been inches from the wall and had to back out.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3656803)   #124
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a great final weekend for FE.
Racing Gods are shinning down on a lot
of sanctions this year! That track was awesome
in the UK!
Old 4 Jul 2016, 01:35 (Ref:3656807)   #125
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone else hear Di Grassi say Abt Team clearly had the best car all season? He's clearly becoming delusional.