Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 May 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3413086)   #1
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FR3.5 @ Spa

Race 1 this afternoon.

Sainz on pole
Gasly P2
Sirotkin P3
Stanaway P4
rowland P10
Old 31 May 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3413091)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the weather is broken - it's both sunny and (relatively) warm. i'd like to say expect the unexpected for the race but really, it's the wrong type of cloud!

bodes well for a properly competitive race. behind sainz anyway
Old 31 May 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3413095)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame Comtec aren't racing here. Was Martsenko impacted by the threats to Russian sponsorship that was talked about a few weeks ago.

Good to see Stanaway back and bang on the pace on the track that forced him out of single seaters for a few years.
Old 31 May 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3413098)   #4
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the weather is broken - it's both sunny and (relatively) warm. i'd like to say expect the unexpected for the race but really, it's the wrong type of cloud!

bodes well for a properly competitive race. behind sainz anyway
hmm i would'nt count out gasly
Old 31 May 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3413145)   #5
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the hold up was the lights playing up, now under SC after 4 car crash

Last edited by skells22; 31 May 2014 at 13:44.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3413193)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Shame Comtec aren't racing here. Was Martsenko impacted by the threats to Russian sponsorship that was talked about a few weeks ago.
i don't believe he had anything to do with them. last year's russian money was different to this years russian money. not to say it hasn't been affected by a non-sanction related political rethink though.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3414598)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well initial thoughts....

Couple of silly incidents at Les Combes at the beginning of both races. Merhi causing the pile up that took Stanaway out. Roberto is a good driver and is beginning to look a bit desperate as things haven't gone how he would've expected so far.

Sirotkin was a bit robust with Fantin at the same spot on Sunday too if you ask me.

Otherwise Sainz might well end up as one of the most dominant champions in the series history unless any of his rivals improve their consistency. At the moment Rowland and Stevens seem best of ths rest but you get the impression that Gasly and Nato are getting there?

Jafaar is exceeding my expectations, very strong drive on Saturday!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3414639)   #8
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

I don't think that Nato is getting here, he is just miles behind Sainz Jr.

Gasly is already there even if he did not win a race he is really ultra consistant and blowing away Will Buller right now. We have to remember that right now he is working on his A Level exam before focusing on Racing contrary to his rivals.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3414725)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Couple of silly incidents at Les Combes at the beginning of both races. Merhi causing the pile up that took Stanaway out. Roberto is a good driver and is beginning to look a bit desperate as things haven't gone how he would've expected so far.
i'm undecided about whose fault that one was, it looked a bit six of one and half dozen of the other racing incident type thing! i agree merhi's not looking very good, but if he wanted to look very good then he probably needed a much bigger budget

i'm not sure who i felt more sorry for on sunday, rowland for not making it out of the pits quick enough or stanaway for not making it in fast enough. richie's pace all weekend more than justified a podium, but rowland was looking more like the driver we know he is!

it hasn't been a great start for sirotkin, has it? and nato is really frustrating to watch. he obviously knows his arse from his elbow, but why isn't it happening? he simply isn't that much slower than sainz in "real" terms.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3415001)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nato = Sorensen malaise?

The ability is there but what's the story? !
Old 4 Jun 2014, 06:57 (Ref:3415098)   #11
olev
Rookie

Estonia
olev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Nato has only been in one FR3.5 team, whereas Sorensen's been in two and he performed a lot better in the first. So the first thing that comes to my mind is the team. He shined in Monaco, but as long as the car isn't a complete mess, the driver is what matters there. Anywhere else, he hasn't been where we would expect him to be.
As for Nato, his season and results are not so different from last year at this stage.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3415210)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
insert obligatory "it's can't be the team, it's dams" comment...
Old 4 Jun 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3415255)   #13
olev
Rookie

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
insert obligatory "it's can't be the team, it's dams" comment...
I don't know if it was a sarcastic comment, but just to avoid any misunderstandings:

In Sorensen's case, I think it might have to do with the car. He was reasonably quick at Lotus, why not with Tech1?

Regarding Nato, he's only been in Dams and his results are not so different from last year. If he goes for a 3rd season with another team and he's quicker, I'd would also say Dams car didn't suit his driving style. All this assuming the championship level would remain more or less constant (and I'd say this year is a bit lower than 2013).
In the end, the fact that Dams will potentially win 2 driver championships in a row, doesn't mean every driver that sits in their car can reach their maximum potential. When you have a good driver in your team (and they've had 2 recently), the tendency is to setup the slower car like the faster, even if it's only to show the slower driver you're providing both of them with the same material/possibilities. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't I don't know if this is actually happening in Dams, but I've seen it in other teams.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3415261)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it wasn't a sarcastic comment, more of a "well, someone somewhere is thinking that it can't possibly be the team because they're insanely highly regarded at the moment", so i'll say it

i was under the impression that there were very very minor differences in setup between teams, any variations are really just a slight tweak to get it to react in a way the driver is comfortable with. but you would hope that if there was a "he can drive it fast set up this way" attitude, then the driver would have moved on.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3415296)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely if he's been failing to reach his potential for this amount of time in the same car with the same team, then maybe the car itself could be a problem...
Old 4 Jun 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3415453)   #16
olev
Rookie

Estonia
... or the potential it is what we've seen and the expectations too high ... It's always hard to say :P
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3416277)   #17
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post

Good to see Stanaway back and bang on the pace on the track that forced him out of single seaters for a few years.
According to the latest issue of Autosport mag, Martsenko's career is over after his Dad decided he wasn't funding it anymore.
That is, unless Martsenko can find alternative funding.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3416918)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad, mostly when Martsenko did some respectable results this season.