Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 8 Nov 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2062786)   #1
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford GT40

Not yet included in this section is the GT40. Yet i am curious about one car I saw a couple of years ago during the Pebble Beach Tour, it was a yellow one, with the Califarnia License plate MAS GT40. The plate gave away its greatest asset, as through the rear window, in stead of the standard pushrod engine, a thoroughbred 4-cam V8 Maserati engine could be spotted.
I greatly suspect that is a replica car (and a sacrilege for the US pushrodders ), but in case somebody did convert a historic chassis, which one could it be?
I got pics of the car in case somebody is interested.

I don't know whether this is the correct place for the thread, otherwise it could be moved to a more approrpiate location. Nevertheless, a good thread on the GT40s and the ones currently racing would be nice.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 21:12 (Ref:2063353)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It shouldn't really be here, but having said that I'm not sure where to put it. However, if some one would like to develop a GT40 chassis thread (as well as answering Henk's question), then that would be excellent.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2063554)   #3
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
It shouldn't really be here, but having said that I'm not sure where to put it. However, if some one would like to develop a GT40 chassis thread (as well as answering Henk's question), then that would be excellent.
Thanks, I am currently reading John Horsman's book "Racing in the Rain" which could be a good start for a chassis database, at least for the official racing cars (the three digit chassis numbers). I have several pictures and info of production cars (the four digit numbers) currently racing, so I'll start to build a list.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2064209)   #4
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
I got the answer about the Maserati engined car. It is a CAV (replica). (wow, first time noticed that I do not need to go to image shack anymore....will open a host of possibilities....)
Attached Thumbnails
CAVGT40Mas-1s.jpg   CAVGT40Mas-3s.JPG   CAVGT40Mas-2s.JPG  

Old 10 Nov 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2064243)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well when someone starts on the racing GT40s, that'll be great but I really think this should be in the Classic car forum, where I am moving it to.