Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 24 Dec 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3181522)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
1st Annual Grand-Am Predictions Competition

Hello, all,

I'd like to start the first ever Grand-Am Predictions Competition on 10 Tenths! With the huge success of other predictions competitions before mine, I feel like Grand-Am deserves its own. You get to win prizes... bragging rights and superiority over all others!

Here's how it works... You place your bets by making up a finishing order for a qualifying result or race result, and the closer you get to your finishing order, the more points you get. You get points for...

DP Qualifying
DP Race
DP Fastest Lap (bonus 10 points)
GT Qualifying
GT Race
GT Fastest Lap (bonus 5 points)
GTX Qualifying
GTX Race
GTX Fastest Lap (bonus 3 points)
First Car Out (bonus 10 points)

The system is basically the same as the F1 predictions competition points system. You get 25 points if your driver is the correct position, 18 if your driver is 1 off (either up or down), 15 if 2 off...

3 off = 12 pts.
4 off = 10 pts.
5 off = 8 pts.
6 off = 7 pts.
7 off = 4 pts.
8 off = 2 pts.
9 off = 1 pt.
10 off = .5 pts.
11+ off = 0 pts.

The GX class is a little different because it doesn't have as many entries. It goes like...

0 off = 25 pts.
1 off = 15 pts.
2 off = 10 pts.
3 off = 5 pts.
4 off = 2 pts.
5 off = 1 pt.
6 off = .5 pts.
7 off = 0 pts.

Extra details:

You can adjust your predictions however much you want until the first qualifying session for a Grand-Am class on a race weekend. I'll have a countdown clock and timezone converter for every race, as well as a form to fill out (remember, you can fill it out more than once) for your predictions. If a car is DISQUALIFIED for any reason, you DO NOT get credit for the prediction on that car's finishing position.

Have fun out there!

Moderators...

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this. Also, do not hesitate to move this or delete this thread outright if it is somehow not suitable. I probably should have run this by you guys before, but anyways... :/

Last edited by Beetle; 24 Dec 2012 at 00:56. Reason: Questions to moderators
Old 24 Dec 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3181524)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Round ONE - Rolex 24 at Daytona

Round: One
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Race Length: 24 hours
Track Length: 3.56 miles

COUNTDOWN

PREDICT HERE!

THIS ROUND IS DOUBLE POINTS!!!

You can adjust your predictions at any time until 3:40 PM US Eastern Time on January 24, 2013. Remember, this race is DOUBLE POINTS! If your car gets disqualified from the competition but has won an event, you will not get credit for betting on this car.

Remember: you can talk about the race all you want on this thread, but you may not post what your predictions are on this thread. They must be completely private. If anyone is found to have revealed their exact predictions, they will be disqualified and undergo a 3 race ban (until the Chevrolet GRAND-AM Detroit 200)
Old 24 Dec 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3181707)   #3
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for this Beetle, this will make watching Grand AM more engaging. Just a suggestion - in order to simplify the scoring and to save you a ton of time, perhaps you should consider the scoring system that we have been using in the ACO FRC for years? Joeb seems to have it down.

Thanks again.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3181710)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this. Also, do not hesitate to move this or delete this thread outright if it is somehow not suitable. I probably should have run this by you guys before, but anyways... :/

Looks OK by me.....
Old 24 Dec 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3181716)   #5
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24hrs of Daytona can't come quick enough... I'm so bored!
Old 25 Dec 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3181826)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shouldn't race award more points than qualifying?

Anyway, you can count on my one-off entry for Daytona!
Old 25 Dec 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3181828)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I would have thought posting the picks in the thread would be more interesting, as in FRC, people generally make their own picks without paying attention to what the others have already picked. But if it works better to send in the predictions via PM, then... okay.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3182072)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks for this Beetle, this will make watching Grand AM more engaging. Just a suggestion - in order to simplify the scoring and to save you a ton of time, perhaps you should consider the scoring system that we have been using in the ACO FRC for years? Joeb seems to have it down.

Thanks again.
I was thinking about that option, but I decided the F1 predictions points system is fairer and more accurate to what your points total should be. Because if you are 1 place off of the win every race, then you would be scoring 0 points for the race, compared to 18/25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Shouldn't race award more points than qualifying?

Anyway, you can count on my one-off entry for Daytona!
Never thought of that, but I suppose you're right! I'm changing it.

Also...

I was originally going to do all rounds on the same thread. However, I like Joeb's idea better for doing different threads for different rounds. Also, the form has been updated.

Chiana - I didn't get your entry for Daytona. Have you entered it? If so, I'm refreshing the form link on the Round 1 thread so you can enter it again. Sorry for the inconvenience if you did enter already.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3182075)   #9
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I would have thought posting the picks in the thread would be more interesting, as in FRC, people generally make their own picks without paying attention to what the others have already picked. But if it works better to send in the predictions via PM, then... okay.
I've changed that as well... you can view my changes on the Round #1 thread.

Another thing, guys, there's been a rules update regarding points. Race Results will be counted the same way they've been counted since the beginning... however, qualifying is now only a bonus and only goes for the pole car... there are no points for 2nd or 3rd in qualifying. DP qualifying is 20 bonus points, GT qualifying is 10, and GTX qualifying is 6 (these are all twice the number of points given for fastest lap). These may seem like lots of bonus points, but remember that all your race points will add up to about 130 PER CLASS.