Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jan 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3188527)   #101
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
Will questions an answers be put on here afterwards?
I got the impression that the touring car tyre situation had been resolved?
We are mainly interested in the "60`s Endurance" series. So our Q&A session will probably be of little interest.
Nevertheless will be happy to report anything of general interest.
Old 18 Jan 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3191158)   #102
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Guys,

having talked with you about our regulations and tyres, I wanted to ask everyone if some of you were planing to come over to Retromobile early february ?

If so, let me know. I'll be at the Peter Auto stand to answer your questions, particularly on friday evening.

If you want to have a talk on the other days, let me know as we can organise appointments on the stand.

Louis
Old 5 Feb 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3199489)   #103
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi everyone,

just a little update, the updated Spa-Classic website is online.

If you need informations or timetable, it's the place to go.

http://www.spa-classic.com/index.php?lang=en

Louis.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3199671)   #104
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Louis! Doesn't look like we will be spending too much of Friday and Saturday evening in the local bars! Think the pizzeria is Stavelot does takeaways, fortunately.

The poster looks fantastic and hope we will get one at signing on!

If Peter M reads this any chance the thread could be integrated into the calendar and maybe title tweaked, please?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3199687)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's "er indoors" birthday on the Friday when we're there so we'll have to have a bit of a celebration possibly involving Larkins !
As she is getting on a bit she may not have many more so we'll have to do something
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Feb 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3199709)   #106
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It's "er indoors" birthday on the Friday when we're there so we'll have to have a bit of a celebration possibly involving Larkins !
Good job it isn't Saturday!

I hope they don't start any of them noisy race cars up too early on Sunday.....
Old 5 Feb 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3199797)   #107
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noise...

Don`t worry Mike, they ae all 105 db remember......
Old 6 Feb 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3200003)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
Don`t worry Mike, they ae all 105 db remember......
Just checked what is out first thing Sunday- Historic F2! Sure they will be well quiet....

Old 7 Feb 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3200550)   #109
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've got a problem with this now . . .gigs! stuck between a rock and a hard place . . .thinking of taking up golf!
Old 7 Feb 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3200744)   #110
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
amendment . . . screw the band, I'm going racing, and both Sue and Justine have given Gordon and I the nod, J's already booked the holiday.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3200804)   #111
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
amendment . . . screw the band, I'm going racing, and both Sue and Justine have given Gordon and I the nod, J's already booked the holiday.
Good choice, IMHO! May be a once in a lifetime event for me but chance to race at Spa, in the dark and in the Canary couldn't be passed by. Even by the Brands GP alternative....

Extinguisher back from service and mounted on new Spa spec mount, prop back from re-balance, gearbox going for a check over next week, engine already stripped at JW's, and one more hub to rebuild. Just tyres and lights to sort after that. Should be ready by May!

Old 7 Feb 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3200847)   #112
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
The Cortina is still in hibernation . . . it will wake up on Saturday . . . engine change, service, new front boots and FE service and we're good for a test day with Mr Whiskers in early March.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3200884)   #113
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=zefarelly;3200847 engine change,QUOTE]
Oh, the 2lt FIA one ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Feb 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3200886)   #114
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
The Cortina is still in hibernation . . . it will wake up on Saturday . . . engine change, service, new front boots and FE service and we're good for a test day with Mr Whiskers in early March.
Oh that's good I take it we are using the FIA 2lt one ?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3201051)   #115
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
unfortunately we'll have a mere 1574cc, and little valves . . . but look on the bright side, with a standard shorter stroke we should rev somewhere near tickover on the Anglia scale

need to look at FE regs . . . . might need a new one . . . that'll make 3 on the redundant pile!
Old 8 Feb 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3201108)   #116
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does FE stand for?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3201113)   #117
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
What does FE stand for?

Fire Extinguisher ?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3201189)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Fire Extinguisher ?
Good guess that man. My initial thought was 'Coventry Climax fire pump' but couldn't see where that fitted in with talk about Cortina GTs.......

Old 8 Feb 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3201263)   #119
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was one of the Lotus prototypes with a Climax engine,before Ford insisted that the core engine had to be of Ford origin.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3201330)   #120
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we got away with 2.4l last year . . .I think perhaps we'll need more dead weight this year???

and Before anyone says anything . . . . Larkins in the boot is not permitted, at least not that I can see in App K
Old 11 Feb 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3202862)   #121
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
we got away with 2.4l last year . . .I think perhaps we'll need more dead weight this year???

and Before anyone says anything . . . . Larkins in the boot is not permitted, at least not that I can see in App K
FIA rules for us. So 2.4l should be OK as the appendix J says (depending of the extinguishant) :

- AFFF : 2.4l
- FX G-TEC : 2.0kg
- Viro3 : 2.0kg
- Zero360 : 2.0kg
- Powder : 2.0kg

The only difference is in the rally regulations.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3204802)   #122
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could do with some advice on local hotels for this event please. Mrs C and I are thinking of a touring holiday on the continent for a few weeks May / June, using the Spa Classic as our 'starting point' (ferry from Hull etc).

She's agreed that I can go 'play and watch the cars' for the weekend before we head off on our travels but we could do with a decent hotel perhaps with some sort of reasonable spa / lounging-around facilities, i.e. somewhere for her to stay and rest etc whilst I'm at the circuit (health-wise it's not an option for her to walk / sit at a circuit for hours on end).

I've seen a few hotel options on the web e.g. Radisson, but not having been before any 'hotel advice' from previous Spa attendees would be appreciated please.

Thanks, Gary
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3204857)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Could do with some advice on local hotels for this event please. Mrs C and I are thinking of a touring holiday on the continent for a few weeks May / June, using the Spa Classic as our 'starting point' (ferry from Hull etc).

I've seen a few hotel options on the web e.g. Radisson, but not having been before any 'hotel advice' from previous Spa attendees would be appreciated please.

Thanks, Gary
Sounds like a great plan Gary, are you bringing your stopwatches? I've only stayed in two places, one in Stavelot and one in Spa, but like most available they are B&Bs, although first mentioned did evening meals and owner was excellent chef. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the area will be able to give more info.

Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3204864)   #124
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mike. No stopwatches though - I won't be timekeeping at Spa but will be taking the camera so hopefully some good opportunities there.

P.s. I will be timekeeping in Barcelona next week for the next F1 tests but I suspect we won't be using stopwatches there! No doubt the cars will be slightly different to those that will appear at the Classic.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3204872)   #125
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa Hotels

Gary, if you go on booking.com & just put Spa Francochamps in the search box there are loads, all of different standards & prices. Sure you will find something.
alex