Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Sep 2015, 15:52 (Ref:3574262)   #1
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
10/10ths London Get Together

Saturday 28 November, South London

We've occasionally talked about this a bit in the past and it has been floated over in the 'so what do we talk about' thread, but the long gap between Le Mans and Silverstone does offer us a chance to potentially be a bit more sociable and catch up away from the hectic activity of a race track and capture some of that Saturday morning at Le Mans wine and cheese atmosphere.

So - how do people feel about swapping a warm and sunny morning in June at Le Mans for what's likely to be a rainy November evening in London? Suggestion has been made that the last weekend in November could work reasonably well (27-29) - it coincides with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on the Sunday - but I'm not sure that's in many of our travel plans?

We've had impromptu meet ups at Beer Rebellion in Crystal Palace (nearest station Gipsy Hill) previously, which might be a good location - and if people time it right we could maybe do a walk of the old Crystal Palace track prior to 'refreshments'.

People likely to be enthused?
Old 16 Sep 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3574270)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Rather possible, due to two national holidays here in RO providing a 4-day "weekend" in that period. Currently considering budget constraints.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3574294)   #3
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given that I SOMEHOW missed the meeting, I'll make every effort to make this.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3574295)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds possible, the local airfield flyes to Gatwick, rather cheaply.
I pretty sure Kenn is onboard too, so could a pick up be arranged?
Old 16 Sep 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3574296)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Right, some calculations done. And my biggest problem is budget to stay in London for 2 or 3 nights. Even the cheapest decent places to stay are horrifically expensive. So I might have to consider alternative solutions.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3574308)   #6
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Looks ok for me at this stage, although Crystal Palace is not the easiest place to get to by public transport.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3574311)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Looks ok for me at this stage, although Crystal Palace is not the easiest place to get to by public transport.
Hayes to Clock House then jump on the 227 or 358 bus up the hill - simples?
Old 16 Sep 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3574317)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Right, some calculations done. And my biggest problem is budget to stay in London for 2 or 3 nights. Even the cheapest decent places to stay are horrifically expensive. So I might have to consider alternative solutions.
Have you tried Airbnb Victor?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3574335)   #9
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Have you tried Airbnb Victor?
Yes, and it's the same issue, average prices are at least 50% higher per night than what I paid for places to stay in Australia.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3574354)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Count me in, i have a possibility of a trip away in November but even so should be back by then.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3574357)   #11
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
January 9th for me. Can't make this one.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3574447)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I shows how ****ed up London's transport system is getting, just found it on Google maps and for me it says well over an hour by public transport and over 30 minutes by car, this used to be a 15 to 20 minute 8 mile drive for me.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3574466)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I shows how ****ed up London's transport system is getting, just found it on Google maps and for me it says well over an hour by public transport and over 30 minutes by car, this used to be a 15 to 20 minute 8 mile drive for me.
That does sound a bit grim. It's a perfectly reasonable walk from Crystal Palace if opening up those lines and the Overground as options help.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3574878)   #14
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good idea, unfortunately I´ll be in Paris that weekend. Enjoy guys!
Old 20 Nov 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3591830)   #15
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Giving this a gentle bump as we're about a week out from it.

If we could have quick straw poll on numbers I'll get a section in the bar reserved. Also - if people could express interest in a Crystal Palace track walk I can also attend to the logistics of that. With the latter there's no minimum number but if it's just going to be me I won't clutter up the thread too much!

Looking forward to seeing a few of you all.
Old 21 Nov 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3592014)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Still intend making it, will drive up and either park at your place Ian or at gypsy hill station
Old 21 Nov 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3592056)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Sadly I won't make it.
Too much work needs to be done with me finishing my education and current job at the end of the year
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3592657)   #18
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hello.

I'm free this Saturday, so can attend.

ps: What time are we looking at?
Old 23 Nov 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3592695)   #19
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Hello.

I'm free this Saturday, so can attend.

ps: What time are we looking at?
I was thinking 1500 for a Crystal Palace track walk (if there's enough interest) and then 1700 in the pub?
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3593636)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quick Update - the pub I proposed (Beer Rebellion in Gipsy Hill) is having its downstairs renovated this week, they're hoping to have it open for the weekend but in the event it's not we might have to move on from there.

I propose still looking to meet up there at 1700 and if it's too busy we can move on to one of the other hostelries around there. If people want to DM me I can provide mobile number / email address to ease hooking up.

Offer of doing a Crystal Palace track walk still stands - do let me know if this is of interest and I can make the appropriate arrangements for that.

Last edited by isynge; 27 Nov 2015 at 10:52. Reason: typo
Old 27 Nov 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3593660)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Okay. Looks like the track walk is on.

If we meet up in the ticket hall of Crystal Palace station at 1500 - we can then go round what's left of the track and then amble down to the pub.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3593687)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
See you all there
Old 28 Nov 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3594001)   #23
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Good to see folk today - and while we didn't quite beat Mike Hailwood's 48 second lap record around the post war track we did it decent justice followed by appropriate levels of refreshments.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to catch up.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 00:05 (Ref:3594033)   #24
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Thanks for organizing it Ian.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 09:19 (Ref:3594147)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
a good little meet, enjoyable walk and great to chat in the pub