Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3729007)   #2176
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Why is it a restraint of trade?
Because historically anyone with the right cheque book could enter the ATCC... Even team owners such as Rod Nash have raced.

Given the LDM business model relies on a paying customer to prepare the car for, it limits their revenue.

Quote:
Run on a shoestring in the maingame at the rear of field, dnf-ing every second race, or run up the front in an adequately-funded Super2 gig?
Ultimately "Supercars" has the prestige and is the goal of Australian touring car racers. There is a certain romance to a battler in an "old nail" competing at the highest level.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3729008)   #2177
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Honestly these days no one knows whats true and whats not, it would surprise me a company trying to cut cost
Dunlop Tyres Japan is operated by Sumitomo. Dunlop Tyres is owned and operated by many different companies depending on region, it's remarkably complicated. I wonder if there are quality differences?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 03:04 (Ref:3729398)   #2178
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...urst-wildcard/
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3729409)   #2179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Are they (both of them) good enough to apply & secure a SuperLicence?

Hard to argue yes when most Super2 meetings has one or both cars with accident damage...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3729411)   #2180
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are they (both of them) good enough to apply & secure a SuperLicence?

Hard to argue yes when most Super2 meetings has one or both cars with accident damage...
neitehr meet the superlicence standard.

Do you need to for Bathurst wild card position though?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3729412)   #2181
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
neitehr meet the superlicence standard.

Do you need to for Bathurst wild card position though?
The story attached isn't just for Bathurst though.. Mr Dumbrell seems to be angling to edge them into his main game car or slot, and maybe for more races than just Bathurst... that's how it reads anyway...

Funny that the Kostecki Super2 cars are both newer in age & spec than the LDM rockets...
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3729416)   #2182
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The story attached isn't just for Bathurst though.. Mr Dumbrell seems to be angling to edge them into his main game car or slot, and maybe for more races than just Bathurst... that's how it reads anyway...

Funny that the Kostecki Super2 cars are both newer in age & spec than the LDM rockets...
I took it as the rejected LDS's advances

Quote:
Despite the temptation to race in the main game in front of his home crowd, Kostecki says that the timing is not right for his career.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:41 (Ref:3729417)   #2183
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The car Mr Holdsworth binned last year, was the oldest of the Triple Eight CotF chassis.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 06:09 (Ref:3729427)   #2184
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:

The deal Kurt originally was looking to put together with LDM would've only been for Perth. Has anyone heard of anyone else is close to a deal where has Aaren Russell gone?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3729429)   #2185
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aaren is working backwards into the season from the Newcastle event, from what I understand. i.e. the more money he can find, the more events he can do leading up to Newcastle.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3729432)   #2186
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Aaren is working backwards into the season from the Newcastle event, from what I understand. i.e. the more money he can find, the more events he can do leading up to Newcastle.
I thought with his plus fitness money he'd be really well backed enough to afford a LDM seat. I agree there was talk of novocastrian Motorsport wildcard at Newcastle
Old 27 Apr 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3729433)   #2187
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not enough to do a full season.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3729483)   #2188
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting story around at the minute has MSR looking to take up a wildcard at Bathurst.. for the 2 Commodore Super2 pilots. Apparently running Mr Marjoram's current chassis..

Could be interesting if true..
Old 27 Apr 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3729561)   #2189
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Interesting story around at the minute has MSR looking to take up a wildcard at Bathurst.. for the 2 Commodore Super2 pilots. Apparently running Mr Marjoram's current chassis..

hope it is

does that make two potential wild cards then?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 23:36 (Ref:3729568)   #2190
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I hear further to that that there is a push from different places for MSR to step up as a one car team in the main series, perhaps beginning some time this year...
Old 27 Apr 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3729569)   #2191
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope it's true. Hazelwood would be much better off as a wildcard with MSR than taking one of the LDM enduro spots.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3729570)   #2192
Umai Naa
Veteran

LDM was pretty much his only way into the maingame, and to be frank he deserves better than that.

Going it alone with MSR, is not a bad alternative.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3729602)   #2193
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
There's was also a rumour of Eggleston Motorsport running a potential wildcard as well. Also according to an article least year Image/Dragon have had a 3rd chassis built up in preparation for a potential wildcard
Old 28 Apr 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3729611)   #2194
Umai Naa
Veteran

There is a strong possibility that chassis is already being raced in GRM colours.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3729694)   #2195
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I hear further to that that there is a push from different places for MSR to step up as a one car team in the main series, perhaps beginning some time this year...
With a 5-year-old Nissan sled? hmmm...

It would be great to see another Nissan... I guess it does have updates on it which helps.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3729744)   #2196
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
With a 5-year-old Nissan sled?
Rick was running immediately behind Todd and Caruso in their much newer sleds in one of the original 2013 built cars at the last round, so seems chassis age isn't too much of a disadvantage.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3729753)   #2197
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
With a 5-year-old Nissan sled? hmmm...

It would be great to see another Nissan... I guess it does have updates on it which helps.
That would be MWR. Matthew White Racing.

They're talking about MSR. Matt Stone Racing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2017, 00:24 (Ref:3729778)   #2198
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
That's already been confirmed, Hazlewood will be doing Ipswich as a wildcard. Unless you're talking about them going full-time or doing more rounds.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3729780)   #2199
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
That's already been confirmed, Hazlewood will be doing Ipswich as a wildcard. Unless you're talking about them going full-time or doing more rounds.
...more rounds... with potentially a certain former REC holder possibly taking on a currently distressed REC... and placing it at MSR...

Or so the story goes
Old 29 Apr 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3729782)   #2200
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's interesting. I'm guessing that former REC holder might be one of the Stone Brothers, considering Matt is their son/nephew and that the REC will be from LDM (I mean, where else would it come from at the moment, unless there's something else going on behind the scenes?)

I wonder if Todd would make the move up with them or if they would get another driver in the car and give Todd time to finish out the Super2 season.