Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Aug 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2942945)   #26
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was also wondering about that. At first I thought maybe budget issues were at play, but that doesn't really make sense. You would think that since they have a new car (to them at least) they would want more time on track when they go someplace they haven't raced the LolaAMR at. Maybe spares are an issue as mentioned above
That is a very good point...maybe spares are an issue now. Probably not for the chassis, but as far as the engine goes. I can't imagine it's budget at all, as they have a passionate owner with a booming business. Every time I go into a store there is more of / better merchandised Muscle Milk displays, ads, etc etc.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2942955)   #27
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Bleekemolen once again put a whooping on the rest of the GTC field, but we'll see what happens the rest of the weekend.
We shall see, i dont see Jeroen having that much if any advantage over Sean once he gets some laps under his belt, yesterdays test was his first time at Road America and he set his best time on lap 5.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2942958)   #28
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The green flag is out for the first practice session of the day.

I notice that the race highlights are only 1.5 hours this week. It's a bit odd that the two longest races so far this year have the shortest highlights! Ugh! Oh well, I think they are all 2 hours from here on out. Plus it is on after live little league baseball on ABC. Who knows if that may run long. I may just wait for the ALMS website to archive the race in order to see it, but I'll probably record the highlights anyway in case there is a delay in the ALMS getting the video up like what happened after Sebring.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2942960)   #29
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing? Who needs testing? 3 laps in and Graf is already 1 second faster than Dyson's fastest lap from yesterday. Granted, it is probably cooler now than it was during the test session yesterday afternoon.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2942973)   #30
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken Wilden seems to have really taken to the Jag - P6 currently, in front of the 55 and the 17, plus both Fords and Patron Ferraris.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2942975)   #31
AGD
Veteran

Session over.

I wonder why the #16 was so slow relative to the #20 (who was slow relative to the #6). Humaid was running lap times faster than Chris Dyson and Kane was faster than Guy Smith. I wonder if maybe Dyson is really downtuning their engine on the #16 to ensure it lasts so it gets points? Maybe there is some sort of issue? They're a couple of seconds off the team car and only a couple seconds ahead of the Level 5 LMP2 Lola.

The #4 Corvette is certainly looking strong. So is the #99 Jag. FLM is certainly getting a lot of out the old Porsche.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2943080)   #32
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So is the #99 Jag
Must've been running on fumes or something... I mean I know the Cats are capable of producing some pretty impressive figures on speed traps but since they were nowhere at Mosport - which is very similar to RA - I'm not buying anything. Oh, and it has the RSR quality mark on it

#56 coming alive again... yawns.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2943083)   #33
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucas Lohr is on fire in the Aston Martin; he just did a 1:52.991 which is 3.883 secs faster than the Chris Dyson/Guy Smith Lola. Qualifying should be fun if Guy's driving!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2943085)   #34
AGD
Veteran

Smoke billowing and a small fire from the #98 Jag. Red Flag.

The Risi car has had some problems as well it seems. Overheating?

It looks like BMW decided to stop messing around. Well, at least with the 56. The 55 has been a bit off all weekend.

Yeah, Dyson looks to be in trouble this weekend. The #20 might be faster. I wonder if they are being more aggressive with #20's engine.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2943089)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Lucas Lohr is on fire in the Aston Martin; he just did a 1:52.991 which is 3.883 secs faster than the Chris Dyson/Guy Smith Lola. Qualifying should be fun if Guy's driving!
Q'ing should be good indeed, but that was poor use of words describing a race car and it's driver; made my heart skip a beat or two.

Looks like it should be a glorious afternoon for q'ing in the cheese state.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2943094)   #36
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes sorry for that, as it obviously wasn't meant to be taken literally; but in racing terms it was probably better to say "Lucas Lohr just did a flier!"
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2943095)   #37
AGD
Veteran

Will LMP2 have their own qualifying session or will it be combined with LMP1? I can't remember. It's been a while since we've had LMP2s on the grid and the last time they "raced," Level 5 decided to skip qualifying.

Jon Bennett has spun and hit the tire wall. That's a shame, his car was running so well.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2943099)   #38
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Will LMP2 have their own qualifying session or will it be combined with LMP1? I can't remember. It's been a while since we've had LMP2s on the grid and the last time they "raced," Level 5 decided to skip qualifying.
P1 and P2 are combined...no idea why they can't add LMPC to that as well, it's not like there's a danger of prototype traffic jam in this series
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2943103)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

International stream is on, and working
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2943104)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
P1 and P2 are combined...no idea why they can't add LMPC to that as well, it's not like there's a danger of prototype traffic jam in this series
I'd argue that at Road ATL, Mosport and especially Lime Rock but would tend to agree that they could probably avoid each other fairly easily at Road America. And besides, seperation means more "air" time on ESPN3 .

And we are live on the ocho!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2943105)   #41
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I'm glad that we don't have 15 minutes of just one car at least.

ESPN3 is live and clear.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2943111)   #42
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS stream is terrible, sound keeps dropping, and the video keeps going all blocky like someone is standing infront of a satellite dish :/
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2943113)   #43
Deleted
Veteran

Stream went from okay-ish to clipshow, now relatively smooth again. Typical

Hindy praising GTC again. Dunno why it annoys me so much, his style is so much better in RLM when theres a bit more freedom of speech.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2943114)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
ALMS stream is terrible, sound keeps dropping, and the video keeps going all blocky like someone is standing infront of a satellite dish :/
Strange...the E3 stream is the best I've seen thus far.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2943116)   #45
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah, ESPN3 is beautiful as usual. Too bad I can't get it at home!

Isn't there a low bandwidth version of the International stream? Maybe that would work better.

Edwards is putting on a show so far.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2943118)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'd second that. GTC cars are fun to watch slide around the track during q'ing.

Who would have thought Farnbacher would be the slowest in class? not me!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2943119)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
As usual. While all Europe was jumping off the cliff when Sebring broadcast was on and off (with **** poor quality and fps) ESPN3 worked like a charm and had superior picture and audio quality. Two separate feeds was always a bad idea, theres always some problems with int. feed
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2943120)   #48
Deleted
Veteran

Has there been a session this year where we havent had a Joey Hand interview?!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2943121)   #49
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Has there been a session this year where we havent had a Joey Hand interview?!
Well, he's won the pole for pretty much every race. That's going to get you some airtime! Being American probably does not hurt.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2943123)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Wow. Joerg pushing hard!