Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2016, 08:15 (Ref:3696796)   #1
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Cadwell and Croft

Not sure if these two events are mentioned yet ? The Wolds Trophy at Cadwell is possibly my favourite meeting of the season - the best track in UK at the bast time of the year. And seeing stuff like F3 and FJ , as well as Imps and Cortinas is compelling , if not quite as much as the invariably brillinat FF1600 races.

Croft Nostalgia is also a must for me as it's my local circuit and if one ignores the bang crash wallop chavfest that is the BTCC , the circuit's meeting of the year .I just hope Silverstone Classic's proximity doesn't reduce entries .

(Re BTCC btw- yes it can offer great racing but after my last exposure to it that was enough- unbelievable litter , the odd drunk and although I can swear like a trooper myself I don't do so at max volume in front of families with kids. Add in a few amateur grandstands and gazebos which completely ruin the view for everybody else and I would rather not endure it again )
Old 17 Dec 2016, 08:47 (Ref:3696797)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely agree, I've managed to do both of these for the past 2 years, great circuits both. Cadwell in the summer months with good grids across the board is superb, with a bit of luck I'll make it again next year.
Old 17 Dec 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3696804)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cadwell is a fabulous circuit. Would love to get the FISCAR FLIERS and smaller Inter-Marque sports cars there but not yet had the opportunity.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 17 Dec 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3696810)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Not sure if these two events are mentioned yet ?
They will both be on the HRT calendar soon. May next.... I try to have a breather between posting sessions to give other threads a chance, otherwise they disappear off first page!